[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the post-workout protein intake time window just bro science

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1491678732345.jpg (55KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
1491678732345.jpg
55KB, 500x356px
Is the post-workout protein intake time window just bro science or true? Should I even waste whey on my rest days if I'm a poor fag?
>>
File: synthe.png (138KB, 898x454px) Image search: [Google]
synthe.png
138KB, 898x454px
>>41382340
Just look what happens from a simple feeding on protein synthesis.

As long as you are getting a solid meal of amino's and proteins after exercise, you are going to be in an anabolic state. It does not really matter when you eat this meal. More importantly, look at the importance of combining a meal with glucose and AA's on synthesis and how big that bar grows.

I will say that prolonged exercise will increase cortisol levels as you deplete glycogen stores so to blunt this effect, eating as soon as possible is ideal so that would be my suggestion for why it's important to get something in after a workout as quickly as possible.

Although, since none of you guys are on that cardio time it probably isn't too much of a big deal because you are not in the ballpark as endurance activities who are really tapping into glycogen reserves and seeing spikes of cortisol.

tldr

It appears that consuming an essential amino acid/carbohydrate supplement 1 or 3 h after resistance exercise significantly increases amino acid availability, insulin concentrations, and muscle protein synthesis at a time when the synthetic machinery of the muscle cell is already activated

More recently, we have also shown that consuming the same supplement immediately before the resistance exercise bout is more anabolic than consuming the supplement immediately after exercis

In this situation, providing amino acids before exercise resulted in a greater delivery of amino acids to the working muscle during the exercise bout, which may have promoted amino acid uptake and attenuated breakdown.
>>
>>41382874

Do you have a beginner's guide on amino acids?
>>
>>41383903

Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins
>>
>>41383928

To be honest with you, I'm a complete noob and I'm trying to wrap my head around what you posted earlier, hence why I asked for a guide.
>>
>>41382874
Can i get a tldr for that tldr
>>
>>41384094
seconded
>>
>>41384094
Wait 1-3 hours after working out to load up on your protein your muscles are starting to ask for
>>
>>41384094
>>41384375
TL;DR: There is research to suggest a high-protein meal constituted of essential amino acids (not the vegan horseshit) and glucose (simple carbs) after heavy resistance training boosts muscle synthesis.

Tl;DR: Consume a high quality and quantity protein meal with simple carbs after workouts. Carbs aid in the absorption of creatine, so this is an ideal time to take your creatine too. Add it for maximum gains.

Also a hearty protein shake after exercise just feels fucking great.
>>
>>41384932
>>41382874
WRONG

doesnt matter if its 10 seconds after exercise or 3 hours. your body is not "starving of nutrients" If you follow a high protien intake/correct diet your body will use the broken down protien at-will when it needs to. There is no significant reason to take it Immediately after your workout.

see what happens is your body processes about 30g of protien per house,it gets protien down into amino acids or glucose. its then used to rebuild muscle or as energy its never stored any were. all the studys showing increased muscle growth with protien after a workout were bullshit short term studies.

if you dont understand any of this i can put it in a simple math equation for you

muscle mass = total protein synthesis - total protein breakdown.

protein synthesis is elevated after a high protein meal or after a workout

protein break down is when amino acids are leeched off your skeletal muscle or in a caloric deficit

they are constantly in effect

if protein synthesis is greater than protein breakdown your bound to build muscle

protien synthesis is elevated after a workout for UP TO 24 HOURS ASWELL

which means if your in a caloric surplus your gonna build muscle whether you drink your protein shake 10 seconds after your workout or 5 hours doesnt FUCKING MATTER
>>
>>41384050
It's biology 101 bro. They make up polypeptide bonds which form proteins. Their are 20 diff kinds of amino acids, and a healthy human liver produces 12 of the 20. The rest you need to get from nutrition or pussy.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.