[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm out of shape (the underweight version), decided to change

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: $_32.jpg (71KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
$_32.jpg
71KB, 800x600px
I'm out of shape (the underweight version), decided to change that the other day and bought some equipment online. This came today and I set it up, barely managed to do 3-4 before feeling like I wanted to pass out. Now my stomach aches, is this a good or bad thing?

It's just that I expected my arms to ache, not my stomach so I'm confused now.
>>
Keep going.
>>
>>41381763
You might have popped an intestine. You're supposed to start slow man
>>
>>41381763
What you describe is a condition called "being weak."

You brace your core during every exercise. If your core is weak (it is), it will get sore even from doing pull ups.

The prescribed cure for weakness is exercise. Work through the discomfort.
>>
>>41381763
Your stomach will ache if you're not used to lifting. A lot of the core is used in pull ups, but it goes unnoticed, since the core is used in a lot of compound exercises.

If you're stuck on a low number for pull ups, get yourself to the top of the bar and then lower yourself as slowly as possible. They're called negatives.
>>
In general, the first couple weeks of starting any regular physical activity from doing none is always going to be rough.
Eventually you get less aches and the ones you get tend to go away faster.
>>
What i did to get to 15 strict pull ups was to have a weekly amount of pullups as a goal. Doesnt matter how i just did 500 pullups a week.
>>
>>41381905
>>
>>41381968
When it comes to bodyweight, volume is king. You can increase resistance via progression (e.g. squat -> pistol squat), but not as easily as adding weight to the bar. So you pump out volume instead and max out your time under tension. The nice thing is you can just hop on the bar any time during the day and bang more reps out.

That said, 500 a week seems a fuckton to me!
>>
>>41381763
I can do 10kg on ez-curl bar on each side for 10 reps but I can't do a SINGLE pull up, WHAT THE FUCK? im not even fat
>>
>>41383186
maybe work your fucking back instead of your biceps if you want your lats to stop being useless
>>
>>41381763
You will feel horrible from the soreness tomorrow and a couple days after. Things will start to lookup after that. Keep at it anon.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-24-17-42-26-1.png (106KB, 1080x745px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-24-17-42-26-1.png
106KB, 1080x745px
This is what I started with. I ended up doing this for about 8 weeks instead of 4 and 3x a week. I did wide-arm pull-ups and worked my way up. Currently at the last tier but can't do a full set of 8--but I'm getting there.

Also, I recommend throwing a resistance band over the bar, sitting on the floor, and doing later pull-downs. I use a smaller, light barbell to pull it down but if you don't have that, maybe use a broom (?).
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.