[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you go about training for a sport you never played, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

How do you go about training for a sport you never played, and get good before joining the team?

Looking into volleyball and softball for next year, looking to get fit before then. For practice and less embarrassment.
>>
>>41367836
Get a coach. Don't assume you know what you're doing.
>>
>>41367836
Ask niggas on the team to help you
>>
>>41367836
you can't really get good at a team/competitive sport without practicing with other people
you can watch tape and study the game though, ie: what good players do in certain situations, the technique certain players use ect.
also practice sport specific movements, throwing, spiking, jumping, ect.
get a coach or record yourself doing shit, correct form
>>
File: dog 2.jpg (157KB, 719x960px) Image search: [Google]
dog 2.jpg
157KB, 719x960px
>>41367933
Sounds pretty good, thank you anon.

>>41367918
I would totally ask them, but I'm a awkward beta chick, and they wouldn't take anything seriously. I'm 5'6" and 185 atm, planning on losing 35 in the next 2-3 months.
>>
>>41367836
post more girl quads
>>
File: bigquads.jpg (268KB, 1693x876px) Image search: [Google]
bigquads.jpg
268KB, 1693x876px
>>41368434
???
>>
File: J1.jpg (56KB, 640x885px) Image search: [Google]
J1.jpg
56KB, 640x885px
>>41368476
good shit
>>
>>41368384
>beta chick
Wtf is a beta chick? Anyway you are going to want to train legs for explosive strength rather than endurance. Squat, diddylift, sprints are good when you slim down enough, swimming is always an option, other than that actually playing is the only way to git gud.
>>
>>41368476
Hnnnng
>>
>>41368576
>tf is a beta chick
a quiet submissive qt but fat
at least in my experience
not op
>>
File: 36.jpg (52KB, 935x701px) Image search: [Google]
36.jpg
52KB, 935x701px
>>41368597
This is OP, exactly me. I am relatively quiet and unable to make friends. Fat and really awkward.
>>41368576
I could see this. Could this also apply to softball? I notice that all the girls on the team have huge asses.
>>
>>41368384
Then ask niggas on the team if they know what a train is
>>
>>41367836
Here's you train for any sport.
In the weightroom:
> squats (and front squats)
> cleans (and/or snatches, maybe jerks)
> bench (and variants, and overhead press)

Outside the weightroom:
> conditioning that matches the energy demands of the game
> sprinting and/or plyometric drills
> agility drills in the scale and format of the game

You can't get the game skills but can get all the physical GPP really easy. Problem is that softball is FAAAARRRR more skills-based so you need things like batting practice/coaching to be good, whereas just being TALL and a good athlete will get you playing time in vball.
>>
>>41368883
Some of it is muscle the rest is just fat distribution. But softball is more skill based being in better physical condition helps. Hit the batting cages if you can hit baseballs going fast softballs will be no issue.
>>
>>41368883
I was about to make fun of you for wanting to join two of the worst, most boring sports I ever encountered in my life but i guess its acceptable if ur a girl. GL getting on the volleyball team, that gave all the girls at my school epic booties
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.