[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I perform 1pl8 OHP without causing a serious injury/muscle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 21092ab4_mens_fitness_1077.jpg (26KB, 420x280px) Image search: [Google]
21092ab4_mens_fitness_1077.jpg
26KB, 420x280px
How do I perform 1pl8 OHP without causing a serious injury/muscle imbalance?
>>
>>41367332
lol wut
>>
ohp is a meme
>>
why do people need to invent stupid ways of doing something simple?

That pic in the op is some moron doing an overly complicated side bend.
>>
>>41367405
No that's one plate over head press
>>
>>41367365

LMAO no.

It is more important than bench.
>>
>>41367423
Is there another image where he is pressing the weight up you jackass?
>>
>>41367443
Uhm? Back the fuck off!
>>
>>41367435
maybe if you need to lift your gay lovers dik in ur mouth famalam
>>
>>41367462
What the fuck did you just say to me, bitch?
>>
>>41367498
*begins growling*
>>
>>41367534
Get the fuck out of this thread motherfucker or I find you and I will beat the ever loving shit out of you!
>>
>>41367572
You say that to me again and I'll fucking wrestle to the floor and suck your dick (no homo)
>>
>>41367589
Fucking try that I'll choke you with my cum you faggot
>>
>>41367332
dumbbells
>>
>>41367332
By making sure your hands are even, the bar is balanced (not sliding off to one side more than another), and not lifting more than you should.
Simple.
>>
Strong core and back, and solid shoulder mobility. Shoulder mobility can be improved through stretching the pecs, lats, and strengthening the rhomboids, mid traps and rotator cuff musculature.

Youtube: YTWL exercises, face pulls, cable crunches, proper core bracing.

You want the spine to not move during the movement (e.g. lack if shoulder mobility leads to leaning back), you want your scapula set like you are benching at the start of each rep, and being pushed up and out towards your ears at the top. This provides a stable shoulder joint to transfer the load to the back.

Tight quads and glutes, get a breath, brace the core, move the head back out of the way and press like your life depends on it.
>>
>>41367435
this
>>
File: draperapproves.png (309KB, 462x419px) Image search: [Google]
draperapproves.png
309KB, 462x419px
>>41369237

10/10 post honestly. Used to have to stick with dumbell OHP but nowadays BB OHP has become one of my favorite lifts thanks to a lot of shoulder rehab/mobility work making it pain free and more fun to progress on.

Based Jeff (athlean-x) giving good tips regarding plugging energy leaks to get the most out of the lift. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7fB1RFStEM
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.