[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cardio vs Muscle training Hey /fit, there are so many conflicting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1494029597506.png (376KB, 635x457px) Image search: [Google]
1494029597506.png
376KB, 635x457px
Cardio vs Muscle training

Hey /fit, there are so many conflicting things

One day I read that cardio is the key to weightloss and removing a gut

But then the next I read that cardio is pointless and will only cement your gut

I'm lost and what do I do, /fit?
>>
>physical exercise
>pointless if you want to lose weight
What
>>
>>41359667
Cardio is great for losing weight and gaining endurance, if you have a lot of muscle some of that will be in the weight lost.

Weight lifting is great for building muscle and losing weight.

Diet is like 80% or losing weight or gaining muscle. If you're a fatty, eating less will get you very close to where you want to go without lifting a single weight or running a single step.
>>
>>41359718
*of
>>
>>41359667
Any kind of exercise will burn calories, cardio (running, cycling) burns more calories in the same amount of exercise time than weight lifting (lets say an hour). Cardiovascular training will also strengthen your heart which gives you a better fitness performance overall, also while weight lifting.

BUT you will gain way more muscle mass from weight lifting and more muscle means more calorie burning even if you aren't training. So gaining muscles is a long term weight loss strategy.

Also it makes you look better obviously. Being at a healthy weight, but without any muscles makes you look disgusting when you take off your clothes and it also fucks up your posture, so at least get some basic strength.

Ideally you would do both cardio and weight lifting.
>>
Thanks lads for the help
>>
File: IMG_4741.jpg (23KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4741.jpg
23KB, 261x195px
Read the sticky
>>
>>41359718
Isn't it also true that muscle is also easy to gain once you've already had it? So if someone wanted to lose weight fast they could do a lot of cardiovascular until they are where they want to be then lift if they want to be stronger. While maintaining proper diet, of course.
>>
>>41360287

That's what I had in mind, since I don't have a lot of muscle

Burning off the weight, then building from there

Except so many places say not to do cardio... for some reason, which I don't understand
>>
>>41360784
Depends entirely on your goals. Doing either or both will probably be enough to get you where you want to be though,
>>
File: received_10154587732188237.png (666KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
received_10154587732188237.png
666KB, 1920x1080px
>>41359667
>>
>>41359667
when you reach the desired level of muscles, the best way to lose fat, in my opinioin, is to lower the weight and do high intensity lifting, low weight but reallt high on reps, compound lifts are great for those. last month on my first cut i lost 3kf of fat by doing it, didn't noticed much on my strength or muscle size/density, got lot leaner and vascular
>>
>>41359667

Do both, your body will naturally burn more calories when you're resting if you have more muscle. You'll also look better when you slim down as you'll have a base of muscle.

If you're just getting into exercise/gym I'd recommend starting to lift weights now as you'll likely faff about in the first few months trying to figure out how to properly lift weights and figure out where your limits are. Might as well start now instead of waiting to slim down.

Ultimately your diet should be what you pay attention to the most, but a consistent exercise plan of weightlifting and cardio should make you look and feel pretty good.
>>
>>41359667
Here ya go
https://www.muscleforlife.com/how-much-cardio/

https://www.muscleforlife.com/cardio-and-muscle-growth-friends-or-foes/

>Cardio isn't necessarily bad when bulking, even, and can assist in muscle recovery
>Why not have a healthy heart, for staying alive longer to make more gains?
>>
>>41359667
Aw man, I know this feel.

Cardio, when done at around 75 - 85% max heart rate uses fat stores directly for energy. This is why it's so great for burning that extra bit of fat you want to get rid of.

Lifting is a slow burn that keeps fat depletion active hours after the workout.

Diet, though, is really fucking important. If you can't get your eating under control, none of this will matter.
>>
I run 2 miles on the treadmill before bi lift (4 days a week) and bike(20-40 mile rides) about 2 days a week.

Too much? I noticed some of my lifts actually went down this week. The reason I do cardio is I like food too damn much and like too eat but don't want to be fat again.
>>
Cardio kills gains is a meme
Don't listen
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.