[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /fit/ think of ellipticals? How does it compare to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

What does /fit/ think of ellipticals? How does it compare to the treadmill?

Was at the gym the other day, hopped on the treadmill, and realized my shins were hurt so I decided to try the elliptical. I liked it and I've used it twice since. Yesterday I went 10 miles (at lvl 4) in 60 minutes? Is there any way to compare that to running? (ie 10 miles elliptical = 6 miles treadmill)
>>
>>41357587
They're for old people.
>>
I broke my foot back in hs and it never healed properly because I'm a dumb ass, so I tend to use them since it keeps pressure off. One thing I noticed was they are less about speed, and more about how much resistance you put on
>>
It burns calories. It's great for people with leg or knee issues. It is not a substitute for running.
>>
good if you're fat and running gives you exploding knees
>>
>>41357615
/thread
>>
It's easier on the joints in just safer in general.
But that doesn't mean you should use it. It's not comparable to running insofar as the impact of the running surface on the feet, how one controls impact, the constant stabilization necessary to stay upright, it's integral to the process of running. You may as well run on the moon for what it's worth.
>>
Yeah I just feel embarrassed using but personally just to burn some cals I prefer it to running. Currently 6'1" 230lbs.
>>
>>41357637
Is 10 miles in 60 minutes impressive? I just don't know what a reasonable goal would be on it.
>>
Good for bad knees even if you aren't fat. I like them.
>>
I used one for a year when I had sciatica and couldnt bike. It was great, I was sweating like crazy and even got a high from the intensity occasionally. It can be awfully boring to use though
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.