[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good is beer as a source of carbs? Are there any direct downsides

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: bar-1.jpg (40KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
bar-1.jpg
40KB, 500x361px
How good is beer as a source of carbs? Are there any direct downsides in drinking a small can or two after a days work? How much would you have to drink to develop a beer gut?
>>
>>41357383
you should be drinking it before as your pre workout
>>
>>41357462
Can you explain your reasoning? Is there an actual advantage to this?
>>
File: WtRMyec.jpg (184KB, 1440x2033px) Image search: [Google]
WtRMyec.jpg
184KB, 1440x2033px
beer is = to 7 slices of bread
>>
>>41357383

Beer a shit. Empty carbs. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, so 1-2 is just a diminished level of bad.
>>
>>41357521
being trashed at the gym with all your best bros really gets you hightest
>>
Drinking a six pack of Miller Lite currently.
>>
>>41357383
>how good is beer as a source of carbs
Probably one of the worst carb sources you can ingest
>are there downsides to drinking a couple beers after work
Not really as long as it's in moderation
>how much do you need to drink to develop a beer gut
Enough to put you at a calorie surplus for a prolonged period of time
>>
>>41357661
>Probably one of the worst carb sources you can ingest
Even compared to sugar, corn syrup etc.? I've understood alcohol takes a good while to break down, though I guess most of beers calories come elsewere.
>>
Alcohol can drop protein synthesis by 20%.
>>
>>41357911
How much alcohol though? Getting piss drunk sure but a can or two does not really make you drunk. Taking anything in excess is bad for you but our livers have evolved to break down alcohol from fermented fruits so you'd think small amounts of alcohol shouldn't really affect you physiologicaly.
>>
>>41357661
Can we add flavored protein to beer? BCAAs?
>>
>>41357383
you sound like an alcoholic in the making
>>
>>41357808
Alcohol is different from carbs, but beer has enough of them. Alcohol is kinda like an empty calorie, but really it's treated like a poison and gets metabolised in the liver.
The problem that I have with beer and alcohol in general is, that it lowers your inhibition so that you'll easier go for the pizza or fries after a few beers and that's where the beergut comes from.
>>
When I was an alcoholic I used to drink 12 packs and sit on the computer all night. looking up articles about the health effects of beer. Thinking I was making health gains by slamming 12 beers and reading about how it was good for my heart and how I was getting my calories.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.