[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Can max out the leg extension machine, don't get anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 4909_cats.jpg (18KB, 302x260px) Image search: [Google]
4909_cats.jpg
18KB, 302x260px
>Can max out the leg extension machine, don't get anything out of it unless I do like 5x10
>Can almost max out the leg curl machine
>Can max out the leg press at like 3x5
>Haven't squatted anything lower than 2pl8 in awhile
>Can't deadlift anything more than 1pl8 with rounding the shit outta my back.

Explain this /fit/
>>
Whoa, maxing out on the leg extension machine is impressive man.
>>
>>41355755
weak lower back
>>
You probably have tight hamstrings
>>
>>41355755
weak af back
>>
>>41355755
You're just weak in general. Doing a bunch of lame ass isolation machines does not translate into being good at squatting or deadlifting lol.
>>
None of that is impressive
>>
File: IMG_2784.jpg (75KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2784.jpg
75KB, 960x544px
>>41355755

Your problem is with your upper back.

The upper back should be in full contraction throughout the deadlift, as well as the glutes and hamstrings and the rest of your posterior chain.

It is super important to strengthen your upper back in this day and age since we spend so much time hunched over computers and phones.

I would recommend taking a month to train your upper back exclusively. I'm actually in the same position currently. Trying to avoid another trip to snap city.

A good way to incorporate this into every workout is warming up on a rowing machine for 10 minutes.

Your rhomboids, traps, lats, and erector spinae all should be employed in the deadlift.

Also, strengthening your obliques and core abdominal stabilizers will help your deadlift improve.

I can't stress enough: make your thoracic spine stronger before you start progressing on deadlifts. Don't be a silly fool like me when I was younger and worry about numbers (lbs). Focus on efficiency and balance.
>>
>>41355755
You're insanely weak and probably imbalanced. Drop all machines and concentration exercises and only do the Big 6 lifts with perfect form for like 4 months. Play some mobile sports like basketball or soccer on the side to increase your muscular balance and neuromuscular activation. Eat more protein and carbs. This is all you need to know. /thread
>>
>>41356107
Squats, deads, rows, chins, bench/dips, ohp. If you do all with challenging weights that u can still do with perfect form you WILL improve in all aspects.
>>
>>41356129
Don't let your ego halt your progress. I dont care if u squat just the bar. Do it right.
>>
>>41356002
Damnit, I never said it was.

I'm just saying that it's weird to me that my other lower-body shit is at least above bodyweight while my dl is so far below everything. Hell, I can bench more than I can dl and my bench has always been complete garbage.
>>
>>41355755

You're not tight you don't know how to fucking deadlift. Read this you dingus.

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/how-to-deadlift/

>>41355911
>>41355956

You're both wrong.
>>
>>41356171
Well the machines, while they build leg strength, are not a useful marker to compare to other lifts.

Squat you could easily be not exactly doing the best rom. 2 plates is the type of weight where if your half repping it its still really light. Hell it's light even if your not half repping it.

Have do done deadlift more than twice?
>>
>>41356171
you just don't know how to deadlift

also there's no way you can max out the leg press for 3x5 with good form with a 2pl8 squat
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.