[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's wrong with me /fit/ been lifting hard for a year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1494172828470-1788254465.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
1494172828470-1788254465.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
What's wrong with me /fit/ been lifting hard for a year to bulk up got my bench to 255 and squat to 355 and now I'm cutting and I look like this what's wrong with me
Been targeting abs, chest, everything and I still look like shit been cutting for a month or two and lost a lot of fat but still look bad as fuck what's wrong with my body
>>
>>41350118
Are you doing your isolation exercises anon? while many people mock them here on /fit/, in the real world you need to do your curls and lateral raises to get the broad shoulder and defined arms. Also it might be your pose on that pic but your lats are lacking, are you doing your enough volume for your back, aka at least 4x10 pull ups? or do you believe the meme that the deadlift 1x5 is gonna give you most of your back gains? Also please don't tell me you are doing all your sets for 5-6 reps.
>>
>>41350118
You lack isolation work
It's almost like you fell for the doing only compounds is enough for aesthetics meme
>>
>>41350226
this
don't ever neglect your acessories or you're getting rip'ed off
>>
>>41350226
I do hella curls and my arms are pretty strong just a bad pic on my part the only one you mentioned that I don't really do are pullups. I usually do my compound workouts then follow with isolation
Example: Barbell Bench 4x8 then Chest Flys and ect
>>
>>41350247
I do, lift way less than him and still look better. EVERY BODY REACTS DIFFERENTLY TO LIFTING

1/2/3/4 wont be giving you a great physique in itself if your proportions, muscle insertions, skin complexion, shoulder width etc are subpar.
Its good to still strive for those numbers, dont get me wrong, but being able to do 5 plates deadlifts for reps wont fix your shitty physique in itself
>>
File: 1494173997811-1276387955.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
1494173997811-1276387955.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>41350308
Here's a pic of me trying to be presentablr
>>
File: 1494174060852103076789.jpg (635KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494174060852103076789.jpg
635KB, 1920x1080px
>>41350322
Here's my back too for reference
>>
what did you expect from 1 year natty progress?
>>
>>41350308
I look ok and barely do any exercises

muscle insertions, low bf% and some muscle mass is all you need to look good to normies>>41348365
>>
>>41350118

you don't look that bad desu, your next bulk will go better. you won't see great results for another year or two
>>
The reason you look like shit is because your narrow, you didn't work enough on your shoulders and lats. Also your chest needs more muscle to it. You should've just kept bulking for one more year desu.
>>
>>41350322
The guy you replied to. Nice shoulders. Do you have a slight anterior pelvic tilt? Try to push your crotch forward/upwards and push your chest out. Try to keep at it the entire day and do hyperextensions.It will get better soon. Your posture seems to be lacking. Your hips arent too wide, dont worry and your back has a lot of potential. Dont get discouraged by the memes, continue cutting and see how it goes. For forearms, farmer's walks and hold the last rep of your deadlift as long as you can
Front Squats helped me get a solid core, and my neck it seems. Lots of weighted chin ups, every work out. Grip the bar as hard as you can during every lift, bench, OHP, pull ups, deadlifts. Muscles work synergistically, so you'll move more weight. Row as heavy as you bench, if you arent, row more. If you dont, it will lead to muscular imbalances which will ultimately cause you to move less weight.
Get breathing and bracing right, this is severely underappreciated here. Your core needs to be as tight as possible.
And eat your carrots everyday, you look sickly and pale. The beta carotine helps with a glowing complexion
Dont know how much of this you do, but it helped me a great deal. Good luck anon
>>
>>41350331
This
>>
>>41350118
You look fine and like you've been lifting for a year. The only thing wrong with you is browsing /fit/ too long and expecting to look like a Greek god after only a year of training.
>>
>>41350508
Thanks man I really appreciate it you and a couple of others have been really the only people with actual advise. I haven't done much rows because of a back injury so I'll get doing those again and I've never worried about my posture but just doing what you said and looking in the mirror makes a HUGE difference thank you so much
>>
Do 6 sets of 10 lateral raises as heavy as you can 3-4 times a week. Shoulders and traps will grow.
>>
Wtf why does it say there's a connection error?
>>
>>41350592
Im really glad it helps. Trust me, it might be difficult to maintain it at the beginning but soon it will feel weird to not stand upright. Some people's posture is so bad, they easily leave half an inch of height on the table as well.

There are lots of little things that make a huge difference when it comes to lifting. Learn to listen to your body. Exercising is not only about strictly following rep schemes and drinking milk. Many here fall victim to thinking in categorical terms. You have to low bar squat that much to reach this size, you gotta follow this exact routine to develop those muscles in that way etc.
Train to reach your goals and see the exercises, not as something to be done with. I.e., last set of 5 and you have one rep more in the tank. Push through and do that rep more, even if your program suggests to leave it at 5. Many view reps as an item on a list thats gotta be checked off during the workout. After they're done, they feel accomplished. That attitude will exacerbate your success, imo

Do your research, and by that I dont mean binge watching Youtube fitness community celebrities. There's a ton of helpful stuff out there, you just got to find it.

This is a great channel, very good information to be found
www.youtube. com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk

Also this Tom Platz interview here. Puts some things into perspective

>If you think about it, in bodybuilding you try to make the exercise as hard as you can make it. It’s: How hard can you make the exercise and how productive can you make the muscle response in reference to that
>>
>>41350935
http://muscleandbrawn.com/tom-platz-interview/
Added link
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.