[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If starting strength is a meme then what is a good routine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0106.png (24KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0106.png
24KB, 512x512px
If starting strength is a meme then what is a good routine for beginners?
>>
Starting strength.

Read the sticky nigger.
>>
File: 1494141362034.png (1MB, 2544x1850px) Image search: [Google]
1494141362034.png
1MB, 2544x1850px
Dont fall for the SS is a meme meme.
>>
>>41348546
Starting strength with accessories. Which is how it's described in the book.
There's an ivysaur beginner program, sl 5x5 with accessories,icf that are based on similar exercises that are good routines
>>
ICF
>>
>>41348546

Starting strength is for people (like me) that went into fitness with almost 0 real strength. A lot of kids will do push ups and pull ups or exercises similar in benefit just playing around or in sports growing up and so have a base to build around.

Starting Strength is for people that literally did no real exercise consistently growing up so need a base theyve been lacking.

If you are already strong enough to bench 1pl8 when you start lifting, then you probably dont even need to do SS, or atleast not as long as others.
>>
>>41348572
This.
>tfw fell for the 'ss is a meme' meme and ended up wasting 2 months worth of lifting and almost went to snap city
>>
It depends what you want. I lift for aesthetics, so Just a regular PPL did me just fine and if you don't care for legs as much do a bro PPL.

If you're doing it for strength do SS or SL5X5
>>
>>41348572
I don't like how big it makes people's thighs though, can you avoid that by doing less squats and deadlifts?
>>
>>41348697
That was my thought as well, I just did heavy triple squats on A and none on B. Everything still progressed normally, and my thighs/ass weren't nearly as monstrous as they were when I was squatting 3x a week.
>>
>>41348697
Which is why I belive GSLP is the superior beginner routine. Plenty of compounds, linear progression, but less of an emphasis on lower body and more on upper body.
>>
>>41348572

Doing Stronglifts atm but interested in a PPL once I hit the intermediate phase.

Can anyone explain why the scheduling of those in the intermediate category is only 3 days per week, as opposed to something like PPL-R-PPL?
>>
>>41348792

Because you need a lot of time to recover when you are lifting heavy weights, or you'll end up overtraining.
>>
>>41348697

I'm doing SL with assistance exercises like curls, pull-ups and dips for that reason. Making those good noob gainz as we speak.
>>
I'm a fatty wanting to lose weight (and eventually look good naked), should I just stick to cardio for time being or go on SS as well as doing cardio?

I get it's diet as well, but would getting some muscle help with regards loose skin?
>>
>>41348966
Gaining muscle would help tremendously with loose skin, and I'm assuming you have no strength base, sooo losing a lot of weight will make you look like a skelly. You'll also find that lifting does burn quite a few calories so just do it alongside cardio.

oh and n-nice dubs
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.