[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is wrong with my deadlift form? I can squat 130 kg to depth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: video.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
video.webm
2MB, 640x480px
What is wrong with my deadlift form?
I can squat 130 kg to depth but I can't even pull 3 plates. How do I fix my form?
Please explain as you would to an actual retard since reading SS and watching a dozen videos didn't seem to do the trick for me.
Here's part of a vid of me pulling 110x6.
>>
try sumo
>>
>>41348367
Try lifting the weight vertically
>>
Try getting off SS. That is how you into t-Rex mode.
>>
>>41348394
already did
>>
>>41348375
I did sumo for 2 months but it only improved my deadlift by about 5kgs
>>
>>41348367
Post programme, may be a programming issue
>>
>>41348488
i meant as a main form. some people have weird proportions or just have much better form using sumo.
>>
your form looks fine to me
>>
>>41348367
>bar moving
Try not moving it before lifting, put it mid-foot, bring chins towards it, feel the tension on your hands, brace and explode up.
Practice with moderate weight.
For further explanation, watch Alan Thrall's last "how to preform the deadlif" vid, goes into greater details.
>>
>>41348493
Canditos beginner upper/lower strength/technique
>>
>>41348530
You need to get the slack out of the bar though
>>
>>41348515
Something must be off, I'm a lanky fucker with long arms and I can squat 130kg, so I should be able to pull a lot more
>>
>>41348367
Put your head down. You're cranking your neck up to look at yourself in the mirror and it fucks with the alignment of your spine. Neck should be neutral the whole time.
>>
idk how this is happening but it looks like your arms are slanted backwards towards your body. Pretty sure they should be perpendicular to the ground so you're pulling the weight straight up and not at some weird angle
>>
https://youtu.be/wYREQkVtvEc

Watch that video. It's all you need
>>
>>41348367
Whats your warm up before hitting your max? Also how long are you resting between sets?
>>
>>41348681
You're pulling straight up, forcing your low back to take over instead of your hips at around mid way due to the leverages. As you can imagine, the low back is a lot smaller, and a lot weaker than your glutes/hams.

Think about leaning back (at the hips, not waist) and trying to fall over backwards as you're doing the lift as a cue and it should fix this. The bar should be in contact with your legs the entire way through the lift, if it isn't you're losing a lot of leverage and poundage.
>>
>>41348367
Your form looks solid. You probably just are mentally not prepared for it. Just throw on 3pl8 and try lifting it.
>>
>>41348681
You are too far over the bar, which almost certainly means that what you are doing is mechanically more like a clean deadlift.
Checklist to prove me wrong:
>is your hip internally rotated? ("knees are in" without actually being in)
>do you use your posterior chain more than your anterior chain (if your quads get tired more than your glutes, your hip hinge is bad)
>is your balance correct? (no, it's not. I can SEE that you are too far forward)
>>
>>41349160
>>41348739
>>41348781
and especially >>41349182
I can see these, I'll try working on them, thanks a lot
>>
>>41349182
>>41349160
So, would thinking of sitting down while pulling the bar into my shins be a good cue?
>>
>>41348383
this

Your back is fucking parallel to the ground. It should be around 45 degrees.
Watch ANY deadlift video on youtube to confirm.
Either get your ass lower or the bar higher.
>>
>>41349160
Sorry, but I'm not seeing what you're describing in the guy's webm. Maybe I'm still inexperienced and I'm missing something here, but the bar SHOULD move vertically, it shouldn't travel horizontally (forward/backward) at all. Can you point out to me what he does wrong in the video?
>>
Sit back more. Engage lats
>>
>>41348367
Your left arm is not straight. Arms are in tension, you should not be trying to curl the fucking thing.

>>41349160
This is good advice. I usually start by pushing the bar into the ground to start to get tight, then leaning back as if I were going to sit while holding onto the bar to prevent falling backwards/actually sitting down. Then it's all about lifting from a to b, straight up and focusing on that hip hinge (you're bringing your hips forward and almost incidentally that results in the bar coming up).
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.