[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So let me get this straight, you can't build muscle on a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 2d1df1a8ab34c4d3d75811d001cc681a.jpg (166KB, 1278x1920px) Image search: [Google]
2d1df1a8ab34c4d3d75811d001cc681a.jpg
166KB, 1278x1920px
So let me get this straight, you can't build muscle on a cut, right?

So lets say I want to cut, and my biceps are lagging. So during my cut I introduce more curling volume to my workouts, it does nothing then? So am I essentially wasting my time curling more? With this logic why do I even do accessory work during a cut? Why cant i just do the bare minimum to stimulate the muscle, am I wasting my time doing high volume workouts on a cut?
>>
>>41333576
bumb good question.
People usually say 'work on abs and cut' but if you can't add muscle to your abs while cutting then is its just wasted calories?
Is there a difference between beginner and intermediate lifters on this?
>>
>>41333576
> you can't build muscle on a cut, right?
only at low bodyfat
>>
>>41333606
low bodyfat and with intermediate muscle gains*
>>
>>41333604
>People usually say 'work on abs and cut'
this is retarded, nobody says this

>but if you can't add muscle to your abs while cutting then is its just wasted calories
not sure what you mean by wasted calories, but doing ab work on a cut is certainly wasted time. could be better spent doing compounds / oly lifts that will burn many more calories, if that's what you mean.
>>
>>41333576
It helps you burn more calories and muscle worked is muscle kept
>>
>>41333642
That's retarded

Don't be that guy
Do a proper routine unless you're a beginner
Don't neglect things in order to have a short workout or be a powerlifter (lmaao)
>>
>>41333606
when you've been training correctly for a few years and are under 25% bodyfat, you won't be gaining muscle on a cut

>>41333576
because if you significantly drop your volume during a cut, your body sees no reason to keep the muscle

you can drop your volume a little, but cutting out all accessory work is a great way to look like a doughy pile of shit when you finish cutting

you can build muscle if you've been neglecting the shit out of a particular group, but assuming you've been doing bicep curls at least once a week and some pulling work expect to see no real gains
>>
>>41333576
Recent studies suggest you can build a small amount of muscle when on a modest calorie deficit. It's far more pronounced for beginners than advanced lifters, and even then it's not a lot of muscle. Don't expect to get big on a cut.

But you will see some very, very slow advancement if you train hard.
>>
>>41333642

this is horrible advice, DO NOT FALL FOR THIS BAIT. 6 years of neglecting abs and I can tell you after training abs with weighted decline crunches my core has improved 10 fold
>>
File: Capture.png (12KB, 852x188px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
12KB, 852x188px
Cardio killed my gains today!
>fucking lawnmower and weed whacker

OP the human body is more complex than that. There are two types of muscles, basically endurance and strength. I think what will happen by lifting on a cut is that even if you aren't getting stronger your body is still getting more efficient. You can lift more with less.
>>
>>41333576
You can build muscle on a dietary deficit if you'r keto and have some body fat to draw on. And/or if you're a noob and still in that newb gains period.
>>
>>41333576

You can absolutely gain muscle during a cut:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/01/160127132741.htm

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3519021&d=1310193169

http://mindandmuscle.net/articles/determining-the-maximum-dietary-deficit-for-fat-loss/

The two standout things from each of these studies is a protein intake around 0.8g+ per pound per day and a slight deficit. From personal experience, I've found that cutting volume and doing lower amounts of sets per workout - currently doing 10 sets thrice a week - helps substantially in muscle recovery and therefore muscle retention/gain considering large deficits don't well accommodate recovery due to the obvious lack of food. Damage your muscles enough, you won't be able to recover due to the lack of food. After a while, your muscle breaks down significantly.

Per other broscience, I'm currently increasing my compounds by 2.5 lbs per week and have for the last 5 weeks straight with a deficit over 1000/day and a weekly Maintenance day. Almost about to hit 300/400/500.
>>
>>41333665
>when you've been training correctly for a few years and are under 25% bodyfat, you won't be gaining muscle on a cut
Gonna need a source on that one
>>
>>41334168
try it yourself

you can gain some minuscule amount of muscle if your deficit isn't super aggressive or you're training a muscle group you don't usually train that hard, but it's better to just not worry about it and get your cut over with so you can actually be in a position to build muscle (calorie surplus)
>>
>>41333576
>you can't build muscle on a cut, right?

Not unless you're on gear.
>>
>>41334168
>Gonna need a source on that one

Try getting bigger on a cut after your noob gains dry up.
>>
If you're an advanced lifter you probably can't.

But most people here are nowhere near advanced lifter, and if you're worrying about your biceps you certainly aren't.

So curl up and you'll see results.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.