[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys I have decided to start going to local swimming pool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 4880914402_ea8c936a2f_b.jpg (179KB, 687x1024px) Image search: [Google]
4880914402_ea8c936a2f_b.jpg
179KB, 687x1024px
Hey guys I have decided to start going to local swimming pool in June and need some advice. I know most of you go to gym but are here any swimbros? What should my routine look like? Im aiming just for some well toned body.
>>
>going to the public pool as an adult

I hope you have a son or daughter to take with you because that's the only socially acceptable reason to go as an adult
>>
>>41329036
swimbro here, what is your aerobic base like, have you ever swam before, it's harder than you would think.
>>
>>41329062
swimpool as a closed space with long pool, not a pool that gets packed with people every summer... Maybe my english is just bad. I was there once in my life before years ago, and only thing you can do is just swim from one side of the pool to another
>>41329073
Yes I have swam before, Im tall (1,94m) and have long arms so I was always naturally good at swimming. not sure what do you mean by aerobic base. Im not fat or anything. Im somewhere between average to skeleton. But recently I have started doing some exercising so I wont be out of breath once I start swimming
>>
>>41329145
Just google some swim sets and you should be fine, if you're not trying to lean out keep it short and intense. 6x50s 25sprint 25 rest is a good one, 6x200 50 sprint 50 rest alternating with 20-30 second rest, stuff like that is good. If you're going to do doubles I would say swim before you lift. If you want good form work on ketchup drill and fingertip dragging drill. IF you want more distnace do 10-20minute steady at a pace that isn't easy, but isn't exhausting.
>>
>>41329247
slow down fella. What is 50s, sprint and rest?
>>
>>41329305
my bad, 50 sprint 50 easy. with 20-25 second rest. High intensity with built in recovery, on a low rest time is stuff that sprinters do, and it will build lean muscle just iwth how hard you're working, because it will be a lot of anaerobic stuff. A good way to determine pace is a CSS test, which is 200 warm up,
4x50s 25 sprint 25 easy 10 second rest
4x100 sprint, 15 second rest
1x400 Time trial
5-8 minutes of slow easy swimming
1x200 Time trial

and then you can use the times from that and put it in some online claculator, or just base your times and your PLE to set your zones, and then apply them to sets you find online
>>
>>41329417
Alright and what do the numbers mean exactly? 50m,50sec or something else? Im really new to all this, sorry for sounding like a faggot
>>
>>41329530
not the poster but a swimmer for 10 or so years

pools are typically 25 yards long in america. therefore 50 is short for 50 yards or 2 laps.
100 is 4 laps
200 is 8 laps and so on and so forth

4 x 100 is set notation: 4 "reps" of 100 yards (4 laps)

typically u swim on intervals where you time the amount of time it takes to swim a distance and the remainder is the rest you get

ex. 4 x 100 freestyle at 1:30 secs

I swim a 100 in 1:10 secs and get 20 secs of rest before swimming another 100 yards
>>
What is your technique like OP? I'd say you just start by getting some volume done before going into hard interval sets. Doing some base work will allow you to complete the interval sets properly without having your form collapse. I wouldn't even think about doing 4x100 sprints until you can comfortably swim 2-3km in one go
>>
>>41329675
Ya, I asked about his aerobic base and he just said he's swam before so I Figured he was gucci with base, if he had been doing weights / cardio leaidng up to this, didn't say much though
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.