[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After my first year of college and getting far more into exercising

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

After my first year of college and getting far more into exercising and eating right, I'll be heading back home for the summer. I'm happy about it, but at the same time, my family is unhealthy as shit and never just let me do my own thing. I can't wait for a whole summer of:
>"I'm trying to lose weight, so I'm going to eat more fruits and vegetables!"
>"Anon, I know you try to be healthy, but we're having pasta tonight/making cinnamon rolls, and you have to eat some so your mother feels good about making them."
>"Oh come on, one cookie/bowl of ice cream/slice of cake won't make you fat!"
Anyone else have family like this? How do you handle it?
>>
>>41327610
just make your own food like a man
>independence is key to being /fit/
>>
If it's possible, get a summer job and buy your own food and stuff. The biggest thing is to just not give in. Even when it's that tough.
>>
>>41327610
eat it faggot. man i fucking love my mom's cookies, mainly when they just got out of the oven, hot and very soft. yummnmmmmyttt fuck ye nigger cunt
>>
>>41327610

Learn to tell people no, you twink faggot
>>
>>41329405

This

>Went to Uni
>Finally in control of my diet
>Eat clean for 4 months
>Gains through the roof now that im eating way more protein
>Lean as fuck now that theres no constant cookies/deserts/chips being thrown at my face every meal
>Go back home for break
>Family gain massive amount of respect for me, let me use the kitchen for myself, ask for healthy recipes

Since you are in the same boat, just git gud at cooking and impress them with healthy/good meals, I made spinach and gammon omlettes for breakfast for myself the first day back and my family would not stop asking me for me to cook them.
>>
>>41327610
Why don't you just eat some?

You can eat a cook or a cinnamon roll and not turn into a whale you know? Fat people are fat because they eat too much, not because they have a cookie once in a while.

Jeex
>>
>>41327610
what the fuck lol this is a non problem just don't eat it
"i'm not hungry"
"no thanks"
"im full"
"I can't"
eat healthy food in the house or get a easy job and buy your own food, or just ask your parents to buy chicken rice and other shit you eat simple as that
>>
>>41327610
no one gives a shit fuck off
>>
>>41329556
Essentially this (apart from needless ad homonems)
>>
>>41327610
Tell them no without coming across as a douchebag or making them feel like you're depriving yourself

I.E:
>"Oof...I'm so full I can't eat anything else. Sorry, Mom. They look/smell great though."
>"Unf...I'll have one upstairs/later *throws away cookie* Wow those cookies tasted great!"
>"Hnnghh...Ah Mom you make the best cookies ever hnngh I love you"

Instead of
>"No thanks I don't eat shit"
>"Naah I'm trying to avoid sugar"
>"I'm alright...just stickin' to fruit :D"
>Fuck you and your cookies mom you fat bitch

See what I mean OP? There's a way to not eat cookies without being so transparent. Same as anything in life, really. Be creative.
>>
>>41327610
Tell your parents to fucking deal with the fact you don't want to look like them and you want to be healthy
>>
Three simple words:

"I just ate"

It doesn't matter if you haven't eaten since breakfast. There's no way they're monitoring your eating habits close enough to debate you.

Also, for dessert:

"Thanks but I can't have sugar this close to bed, I'll be awake til midnight."
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.