[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Evening, /fit/. Anyone here got experience with losing mass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

Evening, /fit/.

Anyone here got experience with losing mass amounts of weight and not getting this fucking loose skin shit? Is it like this for everyone? Is there a way to avoid this?
>>
Skin tightens with time.
The best way to avoid it is to not lose weight as fast, but obviously that's an extremely shitty tradeoff.
So just give it time. Lift, eat, sleep, and wait.
>>
>>41311560
cut at -200/-400 kcal and sit tight

psicologically speaking this is as hard as it gets, but if you lose your weight through the years your skin will adapt a lot more than if you lose it all in a few months

it's just a matter of motivation in the long run
>>
>Is it like this for everyone?

Yes.

>Is there a way to avoid this?

Don't lose weight. Or get surgery. An option is to "fill yourself up" underneath the skin by being very muscular and still having some amount of bodyfat. This will only work to some extent, though.
>>
>>41311691
>Skin tightens with time.

Great. I'll just have to wait and my wrinkles and saggy weight-loss-skin will disappear, huh?
>>
>>41311560

I lost 70lbs recently and I can feel a little bit of loose skin but it's barely visible.
>>
>>41311560

Also Jason Fung the fasting expert says that fasting may be better for reducing loose skin than normal calorie deficits, since fasting encourages autophagy which is the breaking down of old cells, including skin cells. He said that his fasting patients typically don't get loose skin.
>>
>>41311711
dropping 70 lbs from 400 shouldn't be that visible, anon
>>
>>41311560

There is no way to avoid this. The damage is done and the skin will retract slightly but it has undergone years of growth already. If you are 300 lbs and over, you'll probably have noticeably loose skin that will require surgery to tighten back up. There was nothing that the guy in the pic could have done differently sadly.
>>
>>41311709
pretty much
I suppose if you're fairly down you can get started on an early and long bulk, if you trust your discipline. You'll fill out a bit, but this time on the grounds that you're actually gaining muscle at the same time.
>>
>>41311717
Jason "Broscience4Life" Fung
>>
>>41311745
>pretty much

this better be bait anon, or you better get that special ed
>>
>>41311768
it's true tho
after a few years, while it won't be gone completely, but it will be noticeably lessened.
>>
>>41311560
Losing weight slowly is a meme.
The guy in your picture has even said he thinks speed of weightless has very little to do with how much skin you will have.
>>
Extreme clean eating, superfoods and detox foods like spirulina, chlorella, blue green algae supplements, maca root, all that good shit. Hydration, healthy fats from nuts, coconut oil, avocados.
>>
>>41311748
Not an argument
>>
I have the same problem OP, I dropped around 150lb in the last two years but still have a ton of skin on my belly that's all saggy and gross. I've talked to a lot of people that say hydration and fish oil and not smoking help but time is the biggest thing. I guess it all depends on how long you were fat. I'm young so I'm hoping my skin can bounce back quickly.
>>
>>41313211
What about surgery?

How does it cost?
>>
Just treat it like a battlescars, at least thats what I do with my saggy skin and stretch marks.
>>
>>41311560
>Bulking so hard your nipples fall off
>>
>>41311691
>Skin tightens with time
at some point the sheer weight of it will prevent it from tightening. The guy from OP can't count on his skin tightening on its own
>>
I dropped 40kgs over the course of 3 years and I have no loose skin.
>>
>>41313321
I haven't looked into surgery too much since that's sort of a last resort if the skin just doesn't go away in maybe 5 years. I'd rather not waste money on that. Plus it leaves a big scar.
>>
>>41313370
and I hear it hurts like hell after the surgery
>>
>>41313404
also big chance of infection
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.