[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So long story short this pic is very related. New to fit. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Season_2_-_Walt_Jr_2.jpg (336KB, 2000x2665px) Image search: [Google]
Season_2_-_Walt_Jr_2.jpg
336KB, 2000x2665px
So long story short this pic is very related. New to fit. I'm overweight. I gots the palsy. I have poor balance but I want to do cardio. Running isn't exactly the best option because of my legs/feet. I don't use crutches but it makes me walk on my toes, even with my physical therapy. I'm not sure what to do. I really don't like swimming. Stuff like lifting is kind of an option, I have an old bench at home. There's this guy at work and this other guy at a gas station who make fun of me a lot, and I want to be fit enough to defend myself if they finally take it that far. I guess what I'm asking is can I get fit from just dieting and doing curls/benching?

A lot of my friends are crossfit competitors, but I can't really do the shit they do, so there's no chance of us working out together. Should I get a bike or something? I'm just always so wiped out from my job that I have no energy at the end of the day.

Any advice is appreciated.
>>
>>41311105
have you thought of swimming?
>>
>>41311110
I have, I just hate it. I live in a kind of ghetto area and people at the pool mess with me a lot
>>
File: 1493674569996.png (947KB, 474x503px) Image search: [Google]
1493674569996.png
947KB, 474x503px
hey anon

I'm no expert on palsy but if it fucks with your coordination and balance, there are a lot of really great floor exercises you can do

lay on your back and do chest flys and dumbbell/ barbell bench for your pecs
push ups and sit up too!

also pull ups, chin ups, and dips are all great ways to build back, bicep, tricep, and chest muscle
and none of the above exercises require use of your legs!

also yeah diet correctly

read the sticky for info on what your diet should be
>>
>>41311145
Cool, I'll check this out! Thanks a lot
>>
also, if your legs are shit, but you still wanna beef them up, I'd suggest a stationery bike that you can increase the resistance on
legs benefit a lot more from volume than other muscle groups do, so you can get powerful thighs and calves just by biking a ton

make sure if you get a bike, you get pedals with toe straps so you can lock yourself in and not have to worry about your feet spazzing out
>>
>>41311105
cycle with straps
resistance with something you can balance (not sure if your arms aren't working right too or just your legs).
Counting calories will lose your weight, diet is the #1 most important aspect of losing weight
>>
File: cutefrogger.gif (2MB, 270x150px) Image search: [Google]
cutefrogger.gif
2MB, 270x150px
>>41311105
why cardio? why not desgin a good lifting program according to the range of movement you are able to do?

if you want to feel powerful go for the strenght route, cardio is just for cardiovascular health and, in a way, for weight control

I would start with calisthenics, it yields satisfying noob gains and it's easy on the joints, so you'll naturally know where you limit is

btw, forget about crossfit, those programs are just dangerous
>>
>>41311209 >>41311311

Thank you both, my arms work totally fine, it's just my legs. I'm gonna look online for a stationary bike with straps. Thanks again
>>
>>41311342
Honestly I say cardio because all my friends who are in really good shape say it's the most important. I just assume they're right because of their results
>>
>>41311342
That sounds like good advice though, I'm looking into that too. Thank you for the advice!
>>
>>41311401
that's a bit of an overstatement

cardio is very important for general health, and it works marvels for endurance, BUT it doesn't help that much in strenght training

the most important thing in fitness is choosing your goals wisely and then reaching the particular tools you need achieve them
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.