[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started the keto diet. Any good recipes or tips to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

Just started the keto diet. Any good recipes or tips to share? Thanks /fit/
>>
>>41303434

>higher carb
>represented by white bread

>keto diet
>represented by an avocado
>>
>>41303546
That's blue bread you mong
>>
>>41303434
I was literally going to start this exact thread.

I'm planning on starting Keto next week (been doing IF for 6 months and want to burn these last 5 lbs of stubborn fat), and needed some good recipes.

I watched some Youtube vids, and I see some Keto users making these things called Fat Bombs. I'm still unclear of their purpose, and the one recipe I found that looked appetizing, the guy didn't really specify measurements.
>>
>>41303585
Well atleast you tried, I'll give you props for that. Keep at it maybe you'll actually be funny one day
>>
>>41303434
>Wanting his blood to become acid
>>
why have there been 10 keto threads in the past two days?
>>
muscle wastage: the diet
>>
>>41303434
>He wants to enter a starved state
>>
>>41303617
Wow rude
>>
>>41303636
you can't lose what you don't have
>>
>>41303633
People like memes
>>
>ITT: It will kill you
>ITT: bad advice
>ITT: I've doing it for x months and lost y lbs
>ITT: I could never give up bread wtf
>ITT: coconut oil is far superior to sunflower oil
seriously
i'm not even memeing here
just go to reddit where the shit gets filtered and you can get some legit advice
>>
https://www.ruled.me/

Keto food. Or just eat beef jerky for the next 2 months
>>
Been doing it for years on and off.
>Bullet proof Coffee is your friend.
>Alcohol, even if low carb, can throw you out of ketosis very easily.
>IF is a great stack and easy to do once you get fat adapted.
>Your lifts shouldn't fall. If they do I'd suggest more protein.
>>
>>41305070
Look into heavy cream for your coffee
>>
>>41305788
I use cream, Coconut oil and butter.
>>
>>41305803
That's pretty calorie dense.

I use
>1pt cream
>1pt half/half
>1pt 1% milk
and have never had a problem staying in ketosis
>>
once you are in ketosis be very wary of alcohol. having one drink will get you as drunk as about 3 off keto. also the hangovers are hell. i would just accept that alcohol can no longer be part of your social life
>>
>>41305070
alcohol IS carbs. there is no such thing as low carb alcohol.
>>
File: untitled.jpg (87KB, 458x779px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
87KB, 458x779px
>>41305952
>>41305829
>>41305070
thinking_emoji.jpg
>>
>>41305984
>alcohol
>not calories from carbohydrates
>make up special category of "calories from alcohol instead"
now THAT really made me think. Guess it was too hard trying to sell regular old carb-alc to the gluten-free crowd.
>>
>>41306039
Yeast - the microorganism responsible for fermentation - actually eats most of the carbs and converts them into alcohol.
>>
>>41303434
just letting you know you dont burn body fat and the only reason you look leaner is because of every 150carbs in ur muscles you hold 1.2L of water
>>
>>41303614
the only way you burn you burn body fat is being in a deficit+elevated heart rate to make you breath more thus making you expell carbon dioxide. thats how you lose fat. not by keto. keto just makes you leaner because of less water
>>
File: 1470422586764.gif (1MB, 250x233px) Image search: [Google]
1470422586764.gif
1MB, 250x233px
>>41306258
>>41306287
I would love to see you try to cite any of that.
>>
>>41306316
tf do you mean? hes right
>>
>>41303434
100g broccoli in pot
fill with vegetable stock until broccoli is covered
boil until broccoli is done and until the water has been reduced to 3/4
add teaspoon of cream cheese
bring to a boil
purree
season to taste with salt, pepper and cayenne

it's a nice starter
>>
File: 1475797837789.png (479KB, 735x697px) Image search: [Google]
1475797837789.png
479KB, 735x697px
>>41306345
>he
>lacks proper punctuation and capitalization
>guys I'm totally not him I swear
Cite a god damn source
>>
>>41303617
I thought it was funny...
(´・ω・`)
>>
I thought the liver does not produce ketones, but ketones are a waste product in metabolism of fats.

Why is having acidic ketones in your blood a good thing anyway.
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (40KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
40KB, 900x900px
>>41306362

OR LEARN TO MAKE AN ACTUAL FUCKING CHEESE SAUCE YOU PLEB!
>>
>>41306316
look it up you fucking retard. when you read a article online about "burning fat" on keto there talking about the fucking macro "fat" and i will cite it.http://www.jbc.org/content/105/1/59.full.pdf
>>
>>41306420
Why would you want a cheese sauce in your soup?
>>
>>41306434
So I guess that hundred pounds I lost on keto was all just water, right?
>>
>>41306316
http://m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/48/2/240.short

"Glycogen storage capacity in man is approximately 15 g/kg body weight"
>>
>>41306456
no you fucking mongoloid you lost weight because you were in a caloric deficit and what happens is to burn fat you are breathing and when you breath you produce C02 which is fat being used for energy you fucking idiots READ A BOOK OR RESEARCH THIS
>>
File: 1451328728227.png (147KB, 305x267px) Image search: [Google]
1451328728227.png
147KB, 305x267px
>>41306493
I have a huge reaction image folder and I'm having trouble finding one for how idiotic you are
>>
>>41306456
You lost weight because you were in a caloric deficit.

For fat fuck like you who can't control themselves, keto works because most of our modern junk food is carb-heavy. Plus, your fat lazy ass probably had insulin resistance issues.

Unless you're so far gone that you eat sticks of butter, keto is just a way to force gluttonous slobs to eat less.

Lean, athletic people usually (not always, but more than half) suffer on keto because their bodies use carbs to fuel athletic performance. In a healthy body, carbs are the preferred source of energy. Fat is a RESERVE.
>>
>>41306536
>keto is just a way to force gluttonous slobs to eat less.
And if it achieves that, how's that not a good thing?
>>
>>41306553
unironically this
>>
I've been on keto for 2 months and went from 160 to 140. I did not stop drinking espresso with sugar, and I am also an alcoholic so I switched from beer to bourbon. It was not easy but after week 3 it became a lot easier.
>>
>>41306464
>>41306493
>Implying the body can't synthesis glycogen
>Implying fat adapted athletes are deficient in glycogen
> Implying fat adapted athletes cant burn their own body fat faster than non fat adapted athletes
>Trying to derail a thread with alternative facts

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0026049515003340
>>
>>41306631
>sugar
You're sure you're in ketosis?
>>
>>41306659
>using buzzwords like fat adapted that have no scientific meaning.

take a anatomy class and do some research and then get back to me faggot
>>
>>41306659
your also citing shit in that study from 1966,1988 ,and then 90s all outdated shit
>>
>>41306553
Because keto is detrimental to people who arent fat fucks. The only benefit of keto is the the fact that fatasses have to eat less. So they arent benefittng from ketosis but the caloric defecit they put themselves in.
If youre a normal person a ketogenic diet will not benefit you. If youre a fat fuck, you only benefit from a ketogenic diet because youre eating less in the first place
>>
File: ?.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
?.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>41307215
>gravity is real guys
>no it isn't that study is old af
>>
File: IMG_1159.png (204KB, 358x272px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1159.png
204KB, 358x272px
>>41307380
>>
can somebody quickly redpill me on ketosis? would google it but i'd rather hear it from a /fit/izen
>>
>Start keto diet, get through keto flu but realize that i'm already tired of Chicken with Veg and Beef with Veg with 2 eggs and 2 slices of bacon for breakfast.

>Try to look up these keto bread recipes to get around the carb limits.

>All of them require almond flour which is 9.90 for a 16 once bag and all require at least a cup and a half

Are there any keto recipies that dont make me want to kill myself with these retard prices and bland tastes?
>>
>>41305070
>Alcohol, even if low carb, can throw you out of ketosis very easily.

alcohol doesn't throw you out of ketosis, it just stops it. The body prioritizes burning the alcohol before burning fat because alcohol is literally a poison and your body wants to get rid of it. It will not cause your body to want to switch back to glycogen/glucose

>>41305952
all hard liquors, except SOME flavored ones (depends on the brand) have no carbs. this anon >>41306215 is correct
>>
>>41306434
>>41306493
sure but when you're on keto and only provide your body with dietary fat to burn, when it runs out of calories from the food that you've eaten, then it can more easily switch over to burning body fat stores instead of not having any glucose to convert
>>
File: topkek.jpg (50KB, 720x438px) Image search: [Google]
topkek.jpg
50KB, 720x438px
>>41303585
disregard the other anon, that was preddy gud buddy
>>
>>41310172
why not do IF? I used to get bored of eating keto stuff until i just stopped eating it so much.

not eating until i get home and after i workout makes me more inclined to view food as fuel as opposed to, well, food. It's easier to eat the same thing so often that way. plus i've learned to mix it up with seasonings and whatnot
>>
>>41310172
lmao are you taste-blind? quit using so much salt.
>>
>>41308593
Would not recommend a real ketogenic diet for people that are interested in real strength training.

By real ketogenic diet, I simply mean that - taking in less than or equal to 20g of carbs daily (typically only gotten from vegetables).

By real strength training, I mean if your routine is basically made up of the different big compound lifts; OHP, bench, DL, squats, yates rows, and you lift for big numbers, which equals strength, that is, if your goal is to lift as much weight as you possibly can.

It WILL NOT be possible for you to be able to put up the same numbers on your lifts, or make progression (or even keep equal) on those numbers on a STRICT ketogenic diet.

That being said, I actually think a strict ketogenic diet is great for people training for aesthetics, NOT specifically for strength.
As how much weight involved in lifting for aesthetics is not nearly important as it is for those that are strength training.
>>
>>41310547
i know it's an anecdote but i personally have made great gains on a ketogenic diet, almost through my second cycle of canditos 6 week program and have seen nothing but progress
>>
>>41310564
for sure

its not to say that you CANT,
but if you are a powerlifter
going full keto would definitely make your strength suffer, as it just doesnt seem OPTIMAL for strength, over that of a carbed up lifting session
>>
>>41303434

Drink a lot of broth. You need sodium, and other electrolytes.

You will be very cranky/irritable when you first start. I don't know why. Some say it's your brain's reward center not getting carbs and going crazy. I just know it happens.

Bacon, meats, fibrous veggies, butter, cheese, almonds.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.