[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just found motivation to work out. I don't want to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_95.jpg (20KB, 415x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_95.jpg
20KB, 415x420px
So I just found motivation to work out. I don't want to give up after 2 weeks or something. How do you guys have the motivation? Or the discipline to work out each week?
>>
Enjoy doing it, starting is the hardest part tho
>>
>>41302567
people who don't strive to be the best versions of themselves are effectively walking sacks of shit

thus, obviously you should work out (and make sure you do it in close-to an optimal way, for your goals)

what your "muh feels" about going to the gym are or aren't, never even enter into the picture

even if you are a hardcore academic, you HAVE to work out for optimal brain performance (and then you might as well make it count and get a ripped to shreds physique, since the time commitment is the same, compared to working out in the typically idiotic way most people do)
>>
because i'm not a weak minded faggot.

Also because i have nothing to do in the day other than school work and lifting offers a nice break. There's also no better feeling than seeing progress in your body and lifts which is cool.
>>
Its pretty fun
>>
>>41302567
Motivation fades but discipline stays by your side.
Don't be motivated to work out, be disciplined.
>>
>>41302567
the first few weeks were driven by motivation, then it eventually became a habit.

Try ur best to just get to the gym consistently, then the gains will follow naturally. Don't forget to reward urself lightly as a positive feedback.
>>
As you said, it's not motivation, it's discipline.

Motivation is what get's you going on monday, motivation is what makes you go again wednesday, friday, and again next week.

Be in peace with the fact that you're in this for life. That means you have to start somewhere, but that also means it's really not that big of a deal if you sometimes can't go. (read again: "can't", not "dont want to")

Also the more you're into it the more invested you get. I really don't feel like going today, and I'd rather stay at home, but I know that if I don't, i'll screw up the progression I've been working on for months.

think about it.
>>
>>41303573

dammit, discipline* is what makes you (...)

kinda silly to miss that word.
>>
>>41302567
make a fixed date for example going every wednesday and saturday and a fixed time like 6pm.
or you will always feel like you dont feel like.
in the beginning its maybe worth to invest some money like 50-100 bucks in personal training someone who guides you and gives you advice.
>>
>>41302567
The biggest thing that helped me develop discipline is having a partner. My cousin and I keep each other going even if one of us isn't feeling like it. I think it makes it more of a commitment psychologically or something
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.