[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here try the meat-only diet? Did your health/wellbeing/lifts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1722.jpg (290KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1722.jpg
290KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone here try the meat-only diet? Did your health/wellbeing/lifts improve?
>>
That's a guaranteed ticket to heart disease, cancer, diabetes and increased risk of all cause mortality.

However, I have tried a vegan diet and my health has improved.
>>
File: 1479594268145.png (63KB, 143x205px) Image search: [Google]
1479594268145.png
63KB, 143x205px
clogged arteries. ewwwww!!
>>
Meat intake and mortality: a prospective study of over half a million people

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2803089/

>There are various mechanisms by which meat may be related to mortality. In relation to cancer, meat is a source of several multi-site carcinogens, including heterocyclic amines and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons,29-34 which are both formed during high-temperature cooking of meat, as well as N-nitroso compounds.35,36 Iron in red meat may increase oxidative damage and increase the formation of N-nitroso-compounds.37-40 Furthermore, meat is a major source of saturated fat, which has been positively associated with breast41-43 and colorectal cancer.44

>In relation to CVD, elevated blood pressure has been shown to be positively associated with higher intakes of red and processed meat, even though the mechanism is unclear except possibly meat may substituted for other beneficial foods such as grains, fruits or vegetables.45 Mean plasma total cholesterol, low density-lipoprotein cholesterol, very-low-density-lipoprotein cholesterol, and triglycerides were found to decrease in subjects who substituted red meat with fish.46,47 Vegetarians have a lower proportion of arachadonic acid, eicosapentaenoate and docosahexaenoate in platelet phospolipids and higher platelet phospholipids linoleate and antioxidants; such a biochemical profile may be related to decreased atherogenesis and thrombogenesis.48-50

>Red and processed meat intakes, as well as a high risk meat diet, were associated with a modest increase in risk of total mortality, cancer, and CVD mortality in both men and women. In contrast, high white meat intake and a low risk meat diet was associated with a small decrease in total and cancer mortality. These results complement the recommendations by the American Institute for Cancer Research and the World Cancer Research Fund to reduce red and processed meat intake to decrease cancer incidence.44
>>
>>41290368
i don't see how this could have any possible benefit over a well balanced diet.
probably just a marketing ploy a la "this is for manly men, if you eat differently you are a pussy girl!! RAAWR!!"
>>
that would be stupid. can't believe the fad diets people will fall for.
>>
>>41290368

Sounds like keto pretty much. If you decide to do this diet, you'll essentially be doing keto, just be sure to hit fats by eating fatty meats such as bacon, ribs (no sauce unless zero carb), roast with large cuts of fat.
>>
>>41290389
>irregulated crap studies

All day every day. Cool.
>>
>>41290389
Have they looked at people who only eat red meat and removed the people who also ate processed meat?
Or is this another famous WHO study that has an underlying thing going on.
>>
>>41290368
Yes.

> Did your health/wellbeing/lifts improve?
Yes/Big fucking yes/not sure because I started lifting afterward.
>>
>>41290421

post a study refuting the claim
>>
>>41290448
>another famous WHO study
WHO conducts no studies. They looked at hundreds of studies and drew conclusions from there. For red meat they had high mechanistic evidence. Though only classified it as possibly carcinogenic.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.