[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I going too fast with the bulking? I'm 30, 5'8"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: hmm.jpg (173KB, 1314x674px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
173KB, 1314x674px
Am I going too fast with the bulking?

I'm 30, 5'8" (1.74). First time dedicated to lifting. My lifts are increasing every training, I feel so much stronger but today was the first day that I consciously noticed my gut.

Pic related, from left to right.
April 14th: 154 lbs (70.2 kg)
May 1st: 165 lbs (74.7 kg)
=> 17 days, 4.5 kg.

I've been trying really hard with the eating, something I have a hard time with, but for that very reason, I thought I had a free pass.
At this point it's better to start counting calories instead, right?
>>
>>41278569

You look the exact same % wise but stronger. I'd say keep building muscle, tone back the carbs a little, but decent work
>>
>>41278569
nice progress man, keep going
>>
>>41278569
(Btw, the pic seems to suggest I'm fairly much bigger on the right, but I see now that it's also more zoomed in. So it's a bit deceiving).
>>
>>41278600
>>41278597
Thank you! Really glad too that I can still have noob gains at my age.
>>
>>41278569
Be aware that in the beginning of your bulk you will add on a lot of water weight. You also may appear more bloated. What are you eating? How many calories?
>>
Yes, you're going too fast. 1 kg per week is too much if you're starting at skinnyfat. 0.5 kg per week max. Otherwise you will end up fat and lose much of the muscle during the cut. Slow bulking is always a good thing. You're already too fat though.
>>
>>41279327
My diet is as varied and healthy as it can be, but carb heavy.

Very low on sugars.

2x shake consisting of whole milk + 50grams brotein.
>>
>>41279327
>>41279363
Oh, and I have no idea about the calories. I'll try to keep track from now on and be smarter about it.

As I've said, I've always had problems gaining weight, so I figured going all-out was sufficient.
>>
>>41279458
It's a good start, but gaining almost pure muscle a bit slower is much better than gaining muscle and fat 50/50. At 1 kg per week you eat 1000kcal excess daily. Should limit to 300 to 500.
>>
>>41279496
Yeah, I'm also realizing just now that it isn't viable in the long term, of course. A kg a week, holy shit.

counting calories and +500 it is.
>>
>>41278569

Id say your progress looks decent, whats your calorie surplus? Maybe tone it down a bit
>>
>>41279917
>>41279838

disregard this, I suck cocks
>>
gaining anything more than a pound a week is retarded, anything above that and literally all the excess calories are going to fat.

even then past novice it should be 0.5lb/week
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.