[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i conquer my emotions /fit/? Yesterday my girlfriend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 100.png (48KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
100.png
48KB, 200x200px
How do i conquer my emotions /fit/?

Yesterday my girlfriend asked about my "Army" stuff in the morning, even though she knows im a Marine and I dont play that shit.

Then in the evening she was saying a list out loud and said "E-T-C, you know, etcetera" at the end, and I told her I knew what the fuck ETC stands for.

Anyways, she didnt like that and said I had been acting like a bitch all day, and I broke down inside. Thats one of the only things I wont tolerate being called. I was quiet on the drive home, and when we got home, I decided to try to open up, and explain that I didnt like being called a bitch. She apologized and then went back to her place to work on some homework, and then I broke down for real because I realized that by opening up, I basically was being a bitch, and by breaking down it was even worse. Luckily no one saw it, but still.

I can conquer my body, but my emotions are something completely different, and my emotional fitness is terrible currently.
>>
File: EPPrEDRWLqwihc277YRh5cPBo1_500.jpg (99KB, 469x570px) Image search: [Google]
EPPrEDRWLqwihc277YRh5cPBo1_500.jpg
99KB, 469x570px
>>41275459
Lmao having emotions isn't being a bitch.
Learn to accept and enjoy feeling emotions and you will have conquered them.
When you learn that feeling is fine and it doesn't matter what you feel but how you respond to it.
>>
>>41275459
Don't be so god damn aggressive. How about instead of "I know what the fuck that means", you just say "yeah." Also, why does being called a bitch bother you so much? If it was baseless you'd brush it off without any thought. The shit that gets under people's skin is the stuff that has a hint of truth to it, so stop being a bitch.
>>
>>41275459
>im a Marine and I dont play that shit.
kek I've seen Marines lash out after being called a soldier. You fuckers can be autistic sometimes.
>>
>>41275459
>i'm not a bitch, /fit/
>I'm autistic enough to cry because my girlfriend made a comment that made me feel stupid

You sound like a bitch
>>
Thank you for your service in the army. Why don't you like to talk about what happened in the army? I bet it was some crazy shit. You can tell us here, we are your friend, it might help you to get it out. Try to hurry up though I am going to marine world soon to watch the whales and jellyfish and shit.
>>
>>41275459
Youre a bitch
>>
>>41275649
I'm a soldier and keep getting the "marines, right?" every god damn time I go out
>>
>>41275459
You're a living meme you dumbass marine shit
>>
>>41275459
You need to do some introspection and seriously ask yourself "why is this bothering me so much"? Observe and accept your emotions, don't let them control you.
>>
>>41275459
>said I had been acting like a bitch all day, and I broke down inside

You're not acting like a bitch you are a bitch.
>>
>>41275649
It's autistic but if my own gf didn't know the difference between the army and the marines I'd be pretty pissed. When it's just your average civilian it's not a big deal but your own girlfriend? Come on.

Where you stationed at OP? Is this like a townie you met or a girl from back home or what? Or are you a nasty ass reservist?
>>
You're a fucking weak little bitch trying to over-compensate. Having emotions doesn't make you a bitch, but the way you deal with your does
>>
You are living with beliefs that cause you your problems. Here are a couple examples.

"It is massively highly offensive for someone to say that I was in the army and not the marines"

"I should get angry about it, and people who do it are fucking bastards."

"Breaking down makes me a bitch."

"I should never break down"

"I should never be called a bitch. I can't stand it. If people call me a bitch they are evil and deserve to be punished"

None of these beliefs are objectively true, you only make them "true" by believing them. Changing beliefs is sometimes easy, sometimes not. You can look over some material on REBT, or cognitive therapy in general. To give you an idea on how to change your beliefs.
>>
>>41275459
Fucking boot

Go lick a window faggot
>>
>>41275900
Nasty ass reservist now lol. They got me with those blended retirement benefits, but I wasn't about to stay active.
>>41275930
What is REBT?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.