[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Phraks GSLP the most commonly recommended beginner routine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: OUcEY[1].png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
OUcEY[1].png
47KB, 547x465px
Why is Phraks GSLP the most commonly recommended beginner routine? It seems put emphasis on meme upper body muscles over building a solid foundation via SS or SL.
>>
File: STRENGTH BASE.png (194KB, 449x449px) Image search: [Google]
STRENGTH BASE.png
194KB, 449x449px
Post your physique shitposter.
Let's see your 'solid foundation' kek.
>>
>>41274924
because phrak squats like 250lb and that's really impressive for a woman. wait... what? really? nevermind what I just said.
>>
>>41274946
I don't have one, I'm just a skinnyfat baiting because it's one of the only ways to get a discussion around here.

I did SS for 3-4 months and started getting good results however my upper body was lagging (more than it already was).

My numbers were
Bench - 60kg
Squat - 95kg
Dead - 115kg
OHP - 45kg

Around a 100% improvement from baseline after 4 months.

I blew out my shoulders with terrible bench form but they've healed up, and I want to get back into gym - but I don't want to end up going trex mode like the path I was going down earlier. Would Phraks GSLP be a good routine in my case? Any other suggestions?

Also what happened to trappy in the 6 months I've been gone? Did s/he get doxxed?
>>
>>41275151
>blew out shoulders with 60kg bench
>shitposts on /fit/ and discusses routines

toppus kekkus
>>
>>41274964
Nobody gives a shit about your sqaut
>>
>>41275167
I deserve it. I was absolute twig mode and going in without paying attention to form, put my shoulders up at the top of bench and ended up tweaking my rotator cuffs, but they're all good now.

Anyways PGSLP the way to go? I promise to stop baiting
>>
>>41275151
Those are complete babby numbers. You have no right to critizise any routine with those stats.
>>
File: 1490376009033.png (19KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490376009033.png
19KB, 700x600px
>>41274924
this version of greyskull is far superior
>>
File: 1477290474755.jpg (25KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
1477290474755.jpg
25KB, 500x381px
>>41274924
>solid foundation via SS

Jesus fucking christ, are you another beginner that thinks that SS is the best program and squats are the only exercise for legs, arms and chest?
>>
>>41275235
No one's saying they aren't, mjusaskin you to criticise the routines.

>>41275265
Why is this far superior? More accessories?
What's with the "2x5, 1x5+"? Is that just saying to AMRAP the last set?
Thanks for the input
>>
>>41275299
Yeah last set is AMRAP that's what Greyskull is. The idea behind this is that you can have productive resets since you still get volume on the last set due to being able to do more reps.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.