[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>intermittent fasting Is it beneficial to eat one meal a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Shiba-Inus-silly-face.jpg (19KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Shiba-Inus-silly-face.jpg
19KB, 600x450px
>intermittent fasting

Is it beneficial to eat one meal a day? What will the effects be?
>>
The only benefit of intermittent fasting is that it can help manage appetite which in turn allows you to cut harder and/or longer and get better results. There is no answer to your question because it varies from person to person.
>>
>>41268758
So the body won't start burning more fat if it goes 12hrs+ without eating?
>>
>>41268777
Yes but then it'll store more when you eat a huge meal in a short space of time
>>
>>41268831
you're retarded
>>41268777
your trips have confirmed it. you'll get into a low insulin state where your body will switch to burning fat for energy since most available sugar is kinda depleted. however that's if you're in a caloric deficit, if not idk what it'll do but still probably burn some fat, just not a lot.

i did IF both when cutting and bulking for some time and i noticed that when i'm bulking i'm slowly gaining mass and maintaining my bf, and when cutting i was cutting bf and slowly gaining muscle but that was as a noobie.

i gues just do it and see how it is for you, it treated me good but some people may not like it
>>
>>41268898
Question since you seem to know a bit about it. What can I drink during the fasting phase? Right now I've been doing 2 cups of black coffee in the morning and after noon and then I have a 4 hour eating window from 6 to 10.

Also when should I run/weight lift? Once i get used to fasting I was going to do workout and run before my eating window but I'm not sure if I will have enough energy to do that. Should I change it to working out and running during my eating phase?
>>
I do IF (eat from 12 pm-8pm) and find I am always lower BF whether cutting, maintenance or bulking on IF. Helps with insulin resistance and shit so body doesn't just store errything as fat.
>>
>>41268929
lift between meals, run a little after lifting or late in the evening. change your eating window to fit accordingly to your schedule, and most drinks that don't contain sugars are ok but i would drink anything other water and tea.

also some other things to take note of are

have some carbs in your pre workout meal but not too much, wait an hour go lift, come back home and immediately eat something filling with more carbs but i wouldn't go above 150 g daily when cutting

try yohimbine, it works wonders when fasting, in fact in only really works if your in a fasted state so it will make cutting easier. if you do take yohimbine remember to take it in the morning, then do some mild cardio ( think running at a decent pace for 20 minutes or doing something more intense but not for more than 10 minutes ). which leaves you to lift a bit later in the day.

also it helps to do nofap, don't ask me why i have no fucking clue i just know than when doing it i lose a lot of water weight even if i'm eating like shit and with a caloric surplus. all other benefits of fasting can be chalked up to better hormone communication and production, and training your will thus making your mind clearer and shit

sorry for the wall of text, i feel good educating people, hope this helps
>>
Might as well post this here

What does your cutting diet looks like on if? What are the first things to go from your regular diet? I'm interested to see optimal schedules with how the meals fit around exercising and if you at least take whey after workout

Are you doing more cardio?
>>
>>41269152
>breakfats
eggs, cottage cheese, bacon, regular cheese, yogurt, oats
>other meal
chicken, salmon, tuna, pork or beef + potatos, pasta, rice, brocoli

depending on how you mix them you can get about 150 g of protein, 60 g of fats and a hundred something of carbs
>>
>>41269093
thanks man that was helpful
>>
File: collage12.jpg (186KB, 1438x1280px) Image search: [Google]
collage12.jpg
186KB, 1438x1280px
>>41268742
>>41270112
i fast until evening every day, i can talk about the physical and psychological benefits if you have questions
>>
>>41270238
Dang, what do you eat for your meal?
>>
>>41270238
how big are your wrists?
>>
>>41270246
at uni it would most frequently be a dozen chicken wings, two uncrustable pb&js, some kind of sandwich with a large protein, and orange juice. and something green if i remember.
>>41270269
couldn't tell you
>>
>>41270246
tren
>>
I have done 23/1 IF for about a month now and I have lost 7kgs without losing any strength in the gym. When I break my fast I eat only 800 cal. I believe i have not lost an oz of muscle because my lifts have very slowly gone up during this time. I am going to cut for another 5kgs a
>>
>>41270330
you can definitely keep gaining muscle mass while fasting as long as you consume enough protein before going to bed
>>41270321
i'm natty but i'd qualify my pictures by adding i'm 5'4
>>
>>41270330
this is exactly my situation, can confirm too that I havent felt like shit from it either after two months

I have tapered my calories up though to around 1000 but only because of social events, still seeing a noticeable if not slow loss of weight
>>
>>41268758
>>41268777

Dr Jason Fung who wrote a book about fasting says that during long periods of time without food, your metabolism actually increases and burns fat even faster.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.