[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a regular runner but after 5km I'm starting to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: running.jpg (84KB, 629x420px) Image search: [Google]
running.jpg
84KB, 629x420px
I'm a regular runner but after 5km I'm starting to have pain in my shins now. And my feet become numb as fuck.

What could be the cause of this?
>>
>>41267528
Shin splits come from poor hip rotation, try working on hip flexibility and driving through your glutes more.

Foot thing probably comes down to form too... maybe join a running club?
>>
>>41267564
>maybe join a running club

I used to be a competetive runner (sprints) when I was a teenager
>>
>>41267528
yeah sounds like shin splits, which fucking suck. do what >>41267564 says and just take it easy for running for a while or else itll get worse.
>>
>>41267528
Pain could result from an inflexible ankle causing the shin to take the pressure instead of the ankle changing angles. You should try to gain ankle flexibility to see if its the cause of the pain/numbness.You could also be heel striking, you should check your form out.
>>
>>41267564
basically this

ive recently been trying to run with my glutes instead of my knees, and havent had shin pain since

also make sure youre running on the balls of your feet
>>
>>41267528
bad form
>>
>>41267587
>>41267644
The thing is that my feet went numb in the first phase, only afterwards did my shins started hurting
>>
As this seems to be the running thread, I've just completed a 10k race.

Is a full marathon in October too ambitious? Should I focus on the half this time round and a full next year?
>>
>>41267528
this >>41267564
and this >>41267648
plus add glucosamine sulphate to your integrators
and change shoes
>>
>>41267907
yeah go for it, I only ran some half marathons, never anything longer and then trained 10 weeks for a marathon and was gud. At 16 yrs old btw
Just make sure you follow a good programm
>>
>>41267528
It's your shoes you dumb fuck
Post a picture of them
>>
File: IMG_20170501_012517.jpg (2MB, 4160x2336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170501_012517.jpg
2MB, 4160x2336px
>>41268114
>>
>>41267970
The thing also is that I didn't have any complains last summer, when I was doing 8 - 10k almost every day, for 2 months
>>
Sounds like nerve damage. Make sure you don't heel strike.
>>
>>41267717
that uh, shouldnt happen lol

you should look into revamping your form, watch a bunch of videos on it
>>
>>41268972
last summer was last summer
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.