[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have the link to the /fit/ discord chat? Some fag is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: how_to_squat.jpg (69KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
how_to_squat.jpg
69KB, 640x480px
Anyone have the link to the /fit/ discord chat?

Some fag is posting the link but he set the link to expire after 30 mins or something homo.

Thx
>>
>/fit/ discord
>not /fitlit/

Pleb
>>
>>41258899
Multiple sources say not to hold a narrow grip. Even rippetoe advises against a too narrow grip.
>>
>>41258899
>head up
>narrow grip
that's a dumb baby
>>
>>41258899
This is cute af
>>
>>41259122
>>41259226
Nothing wrong with narrow grip. If you can get into that position.
>>
>>41258899
discord.gg/WbjdeYH
>>
>>41261343
>>41259122
its about being able to pull down on the bar and engage the lats

you want to get tight but not so tight you cant cue your lats so theres a balance

https://youtu.be/U5zrloYWwxw?t=432
>>
>>41261994
no, pulling down on the bar is a personal preference.

you can squat fine without "engaging" lats at all.

>>41259122
Grip width is also a personal preference.
>>
>>41262361
you can also round your back during deadlift for all i care

will you injure yourself ? maybe

should you reduce risk? probably.

you should watch the video
>>
>>41262446
>you can also round your back during deadlift for all i care
not the same thing by a long shot.

don't assume someone knows what he's talking about just because he's strong and uses fancy words.
>>
>>41261994
I find that the narrower my grip is, the more the barslides down and cranks on my wrists. If I grip wider my forearm naturally meets the bar with my wrist being straight instead of cocked back, and this makes me feel much more sable and able to squat without needing wrist wraps.

If I have a narrower grip it either means i have to squat highbar, or extend the shit out of my wrists.

do i just have really long forearms, or is this a common problem?
>>
>>41262508
Being able to do low-bar without shoulder, elbow or wrist pain isn't possible for everyone.

You might think there's a big difference, but just switching to high-bar might be the best long term option.
>>
>>41262478
ill rather take advice from person who squatted 4 times his bodyweight and deadlifted 1000lbs, and is respected coach in powerlifting community over opinions of person from chinese sewing arts exchange board

Especially if the stronger guy opinions are repeated by other respected guys in the industry. Keyword "it differs from person to person"

>>41262508
thoracic mobility and shoulder mobility are important in that regard

i used to squat high bar only with my hands almost touching my delts grip width, and lowbar gave me this searing pain in my left bicep / delt area
It cleaned itself up because i did a lot of pec stretches, shoulder warmup and mobility drills before each workout and shit. Now i keep my hands in lowbar, with my middle finger close to ring, this allows me to get tight while still being able to pull on the bar and activate lats for more rigidity in upper torso

Now i find lowbar much more stable and powerfull than highbar.

>>41262528
can be this depending on your mobility levels
>>
>>41262568
>Keyword "it differs from person to person"
that's what I said originally...
not sure why you're trying to disagree here and throw around duffin's stats.

also, if you'd want advice on how not to get injured, why are you listening to duffin?
kek
>>
>>41259122
You want the absolute narrowest grip your mobility allows to make your back as tight as possible. Rip recommends the grip he does because its one size fits all and lots of people dont have the mobility for a narrow group but want to start training.
>>
>>41262681
why even post if you have clearly no idea what you're talking about?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.