[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys I'm relatively new to fitness and have taken an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (532KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
532KB, 640x1136px
Hey guys I'm relatively new to fitness and have taken an interest in power lifting. I came across this "personal trainer" on Instagram, is her form acceptable? The arch looks way too dramatic.
>>
If she can plant her but there's nothing wrong with it.
A lot of men have dramatic arches, but are thicker so it's not as noticeable
>>
I may be mistaken but I believe that according to most competition/tournament rules, your ass needs to be on the bench. Despite that, having an arch in your back is ok.

If you're asking in regards of overall health and wellness, I do not want to give you my limited knowledge on the subject and potentially hurt you. I would suggest looking it up on YouTube or Google. If Layne Norton or Mark Rippetoe are giving the advice, you're good to go.
>>
>>41249425
This is a normal powerlifting arch.
>>
It depends on the lifting federation she competes in. However most people consider it to be a proper bench if your feet are flat on the ground and your ass/upper back are touching the bench, what you do with the rest of your body is up to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIqcXj2pAPA&t=1s

candytoes talks about it in this video
>>
>>41249450
your chest limits the bar path so it doesn't put too much stress on the shoulders, definitely healthy
>>
If she's lifting in a reputable federation, like the IPF, she'll get red lighted for that shit. Feet must be flat and butt must be on the bench.
>>
Thanks for the replies everyone. I knew that arching to an extent was reasonable, but like the above poster said I was concerned not only for health reasons (looks real bad for the spine and discs!) but also how her feet are not flat and her butt is just barely on the bench.
>>
>>41249459
>>41249450
>>41249565
its a technique to keep weight on the upper traps prior to unracking. Its hard to keep upper back tightness when unracking yourself. One she lifts the bar off she'll dig her heels in and plant her butt.

That's a good technique for self unracking. She probably doesn't look like that throughout the set
>>
>>41250275
your not loading the spine in anyway during a hench press so arching your back wont damage your spine at all. Its actually an important part of shoulder stability in the bench press. You may cramp up if you over do it and are not flexible enough, but you wont herniate a disk just be flexing your spine in an unloaded manner unless youve had previous issues.>>41250275
>>
>>41250321
It's my fault for not mentioning that I screen shotted DURING one of her reps. So that's the form being used whilst going through the movement.
>>
>>41250732
In that case she's retarded
>>
>>41249425
in that picture her bum is off the bench and heels off the floor

so that pic WOULD NOT be good powerlifting form

But yeah, more arch is more good. As long as you stay within the rules. Look up some powerlifting focused bench guides. There should be some in the plg sticky.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.