[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why every (MMA) fighter does rope skipping as his primarily and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 331231212.jpg (326KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
331231212.jpg
326KB, 1280x853px
Why every (MMA) fighter does rope skipping as his primarily and sometimes only cardio exercise?

Hell i saw even some fake rope skipping for like 20 min.

Whats so good about it?
>>
It's fun
>>
>>41240588
MMA, for the most part, requires speed and agility on top of raw physical power.
>>
>>41240614
So (fake)rope skipping trains all of that?
>>
>>41240622
I misread the original post. It's unlikely that rope skipping is the only form of cardio someone would use, but it can increase the speed of the legs and improve reaction time when responding to low attacks. Evasion is the best form of defense after all.

https://fightcampconditioning.com/speed-agility-and-quickness-for-mma/

Here's an example of a variety of exercises meant to improve oneself in those categories.
>>
>>41240622
What do you mean by fake rope skipping? As in the they are spinning the rope beside them or hopping up and down with an invisible rope?
>>
File: 1490643716327.jpg (47KB, 645x968px) Image search: [Google]
1490643716327.jpg
47KB, 645x968px
>>41240682
That sounds like total brosciencie. Like when people assume that playing chess will make you smarter.
>>
>>41240752

jump roping is a good cardio workout

thats it. its not supposed to be some magical workout.
>>
>>41240752
Then you're retarded.
>training doesn't make things better
It's not broscience it's just common sense.
>>
You can do it inside a gym. You don't need a lot of space.
It's an impact exercise, but because you're supporting your weight with both legs, it doesn't fuck your knees up like running does.
It's not fucking boring like running on a treadmill or an exercise bike.
>>
>>41240803
Training is specific. Jumping rope will make you good at jumping ropes.
>>
Good for footwork, boxing and MMA is similar to dancing in some respects, you need to be light on your feet, and able to move them quickly and easily
>>
>>41240848
Yes but the qualities you develop from it are what they are after. It helps train being light on your feet, develops rhythm, footwork, coordination and because it's plyometric, explosiveness.
>>
Jumping rope is an extremely efficient way to increase circulation to the whole body to get it "warmed up", increasing performance and reducing the chance of injury. Sure, there are other ways to do it, but jumping rope gets the job done quickly without tiring you out.
>>
>>41240588

Coordination & HIIT, in an exercise that doesn't take up much space.
>>
>>41240752
>what is brain plasticity
>what is neuro regeneration
> why calling broscience when you noscience
>>
File: Assburger edgy.png (9KB, 264x400px) Image search: [Google]
Assburger edgy.png
9KB, 264x400px
>>41240980
It simply doesn't. Why do you think they don't teach things by rote in schools anymore? It was proven that it doesn't to jack shit to your memory. Chess mental gains were also debunked a very long time ago.
>>
>>41241042
Chess makes your brain better... at playing chess.
Your brain adapts to be better at what you do but it doesn't always translate well in other area.

I don't think jumping rope improves your agility : it's a really brainless and easy activity when you are used to it. But it may be good for coordination
>>
>>41240588
Skipping > running for fighters:
>better for joints
>arms+legs vs just legs
>can vary patterns, intensities
>trains you to be light on your feet
>can do it in the gym
>straight up more fun
Most fighters run as well. But skipping is goat.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.