[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>start curling >biceps are actually growing for once Wtf,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 1307570587522.jpg (114KB, 489x512px) Image search: [Google]
1307570587522.jpg
114KB, 489x512px
>start curling
>biceps are actually growing for once

Wtf, is strength training actually a meme?
Wtf /fit/ ?? Isolation actually works and is not broscience?? wtf I thought the only way to get big was with compounds but I now look the best I've ever looked after doing some isolations
>>
Well aren't you dumb.

You find it surprising that training a muscle makes the said muscle grow?

Nobody does strenght training if they are going for aesthetics dummy.
>>
>>41239661
compounds + isolation is optimal

compoinds heavy, push weights up assertively

then do your isos. focus more on muscular fatigue or whatever bullshit. judt keep form good, slow control, less argressive with weight increases, butnstillvprogress
>>
>>41239689
This

Main focus on progression should be on compounds done with powerlifting orientated form

Then add in Isos and do 10-20 reps

I did fucking SS for ages and got real strong but didn't do any Isos

Looked a little better when I switched to 5/3/1 which has more accessories

Just started Sheiko which with the volume and a few arm sets here and there should be good to go

What's the point in training 3/4 days a week if you don't even look like you lift
>>
File: diabeetusbaby.jpg (14KB, 397x418px) Image search: [Google]
diabeetusbaby.jpg
14KB, 397x418px
>>41239661

> Anon finds out that training a muscle makes it grow

anon pls
>>
>>41239661
It's not that strength training is a meme, it's that /fit/, and moreover fitness in general, is filled with stupid people who usually see the world in extremes.
Compounds are better for your conditioning, strength, and overall body health (if done properly).
Isolations do what they are supposed to do: train an isolated group of muscles. Is that highly efficient? No. Does it do what it's supposed to do (make an isolated group of muscles grow more)? Yes, if done properly.
Stop memeing yourself with dumb assumptions and realise fitness is really just common sense.
>>
Here's the secret.

Compounds only work if you're actually strong. If you can get strong at compounds, you can save yourself the need to ever do isolations, because you're so fucking strong. But since most people here will never reach the level of strength required to get to that stage, you're just better off doing isolations on a brospllit.

The reason you and most other people see shit results with compound only routines, physique wise....is because your strength is not high enough, and the workload is being spread out across your body.

Example, if you want to build traps naturally, you need to get a 200lbs+ OHP, and a 500lbs+ deadlift. Or you can just have a bro-split, and isolate your shoulders using meme-machines and power-shrug machines, and you can get the same result for your traps, the only downside is that you wont have the raw strength that you get from barbell training. So basically you end up training for aesthetics only, and you don't get any strength benefits.

This is why barbell training is pushed so heavily, because you can eventually get the results isolation give, but with the added benefit of being strong as fuck....but the trick is that you actually need to be strong for it to work.

You can't just have 225 bench, 135 press, 315 squat, and 415 deadlift...and do zero isolations, and expect to actually look like you lift. You need like 300/200/400/500, and that's as a manlet, the taller you are the higher those numbers will need to be for a compound-only routine to give you the same results as a brosplit with tons of isolations.
>>
>WTF is sarcoplasm vs myofibril gains
You basically just put water in your muscles congrats OP
>>
>>41239806
Post your physique
>>
>>41239771
reminds me of vegans
>lets drop all the meat and diary instead of eating more veggies
>lets drop all compound movements instead of adding some accessories

fucking retarded
>>
File: STRENGTH BASE.png (194KB, 449x449px) Image search: [Google]
STRENGTH BASE.png
194KB, 449x449px
>>41239884
>wanting to look like a giant baby
>>
>>41239884
Okay :)

I've stopped doing barbell compounds several years ago and continued making gains, yeah I lost my raw barbell strength, but who cares, I'm muscular and lean, that's all that matters.

But okay :), you know better than me :), you're the expect on everything lifting :), you believe compounds are 100% necessary and required for gains and I don't and my own results speak for it self :), but no, you're right, because you've drank the barbell compound meme coolaid for so long you can't imagine your muscles ever existing or growing without them :), funny stuff.
>>
>>41239935
This is the worst post I've ever seen.
>>
File: 1492491106409.png (143KB, 807x662px) Image search: [Google]
1492491106409.png
143KB, 807x662px
>>41239935
all those compounds and yet you haven't got rid of your insecurities
>>
>>41239935
>>
>>41239661
>Isolating a muscle will make said muscle grow
Who woulda thunk it?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.