[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you guys do Yoga or Tai Chi? I'm interested in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Do any of you guys do Yoga or Tai Chi? I'm interested in trying it for flexibility and also for the mental health benefits.
I'm bewildered by all the different variants and not sure if I need to go to class or whether I can just follow guides on Youtube.
>>
It's easy enough that you can follow guides going to the classes is more about meeting others interested in the same thing
>>
>>41237859
I'm fine with not meeting other yoga enthusiasts.... Do you have a recommended type? I want a strong mental aspect.
>>
>>41238195
No it's literally all in your mind you can do something as simple as standing in place and get the same results as a guy who balances on one knee it's 100% up to you
>>
>>41237840
Tai Chi will help you with good posture, leg power, confidence and also mental health. But if you want muscle stretches for flexibility I think Yoga would be better.

If you would like to train TaiChi just for the sake of doing some forms, than youtube guides will do, but if you want to learn proper TaiChi learning all principles and application in every movement, a good instructure is a must.
>>
>>41237840
I had my first class today, literally only girls, too bad I'm DYEL. It was surprisingly tough, but very relaxing in the end, beats YouTube that's for sure.
>>
>>41238923
first class of what? tai chi or yoga?
>>
>>41237840
kinda? i used to do martial arts, and i was taught how to let my mind go blank while stretching/holding a position for extended periods of time. it's pretty relaxing, and i get the same benefits as yoga/tai chi without having to spend $$$ to listen to some pseudospiritual hipster ramble about chakras and shit
>>
What's the best yoga style for developing flexibility?
>>
>>41237840
I bet what you actually want is mobility, not flexibilty. Look up some mobility videos on youtube, esp. calisthenic ones.
>>
My gf does tai chi

I dunno, seems like ez mode yoga, but she is always talking about Taoist shit. Seems to trim her up so w/e.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.