[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>start lifting 5 months ago >can't deadlift 50 kg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 9512428.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
9512428.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>start lifting 5 months ago
>can't deadlift 50 kg for one rep
>I deadlifted 100 kg for 5 reps yesterday
>look at my back
>looks the same as 5 months ago

are deadlifts a meme? do they even work any muscle group?
>>
File: 1492217785741.jpg (24KB, 477x375px) Image search: [Google]
1492217785741.jpg
24KB, 477x375px
>>41227256
>Lifting for 5 months
>Expecting much progress
>>
>>41227271
/fit/ told me I should expect size gains within a month or two
>>
>>41227277
Bullshit. Not even with perfect genetics you would notice size gains in 1-2 months. 4 months is the total minimum.
>>
>>41227277
Noob gains are strength not size
>>
>>41227287
where the fuck did you pull this from? I had noticeable size gains after a month, but then again you're probably just salty because you can't be fucked counting calories and doing a program properly
>>
>>41227256
shit takes time you fucking nerd
>>
Probably because you only worked up to 2 plate in 5 months.

Now i hate to be this guy because safety is a priority and you should take your hobbies at your own pace because what's the rush but I taught my housebound stoner mate who lifts nothing heavier than the bins out once a week to DL (plan was squats and all but his form was beyond terrible) and he DLed 100kg on day 1.

Anyway size is an eating game. You build muscles in bed after a day of eating BIG.
>>
>>41227294
so how much should I deadlift to notice anything? I feel like 100 kg is already the heaviest in my gym. Every time I see someone deadlifting it's usually 1 plate.
>>
>>41227256
Check your traps, forearms, quads, hamstrings..should have gained something. Need to consistently lift more than 1.5x your bodyweight to see anything substantial..
>>
>>41227296
>Salty
I just told him that it's okay to not make much progress in the first 5 months, so he won't give it up. Fuck off retard.
>>
>>41227256
you are deadlifting as much as most 135lb girls who go to the gym with their bf occasionally do, you should not be expecting to see any significant muscle development

and no, deadlifts do not work any muscle, hip extension and knee extension occurs by itself
>>
>>41227325
>you are deadlifting as much as most 135lb girls who go to the gym with their bf occasionally do

this is a lie and you know it
>>
>>41227306
We can't tell you that.

The bar will. If you can't pick it up at all. Work down until you can and work with that.
>>
>>41227356
He's still right though. Most men should be able to build up to 100kg Deadlift very quickly.
>>
>>41227356
225x5 is something you should be deadlifting in a matter of weeks with absolutely no athletic background
>>
>>41227256
Properly because you don't track you shitty macros brother. Read the sticky boiii
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.