[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can i benchpress with one of these bars and just leave the screw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Can i benchpress with one of these bars and just leave the screw clamps off for safety?
>>
>>41225075
According to /fit/ the bar doesn't weigh anything and shouldn't be added to total weight
>>
Why would you need clips if there's no weight? Why would you not use clips if there is?
>>
>>41225088
the clips are the weight you dunce
>>
>>41225088
Id be using weights. I mean for safety reasons if i had to dump the weights.
>>
>>41225093
If the clips are too heavy for you I suggest you start with a broomstick and slowly add smears of peanut butter to work up to the clips. You can also eat the peanut butter for bonus protein after your workout
>>
>>41225111
So you mean like of you didn't have a spotter? I'd say it's not a smart move, if you can't complete the rep, dumping half and dealing with the balance probably won't go very smoothly.
>>
>>41225113
but the bar will be lighter again after
>>
>>41225128
Perhaps you could devise some sort of system that catches your sweat and pipes it into cups attached to the broomstick. Then, as you get warmed up, your warm up sets will rack automatically.
>>
>>41225120
Yeah basically. I see in videos people have the bars without threading and use those clamps. I bought one like that, but my weights dont fit on it.
>>
>>41225075
Yes that works. I've dumped weights myself that way a few times. Hurts less than the roll of shame. Probably a bad idea if you lift heavy as fuck, though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.