[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many push ups for 5 sets before switching to dips? Likewise,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1424425111902.gif (528KB, 276x305px) Image search: [Google]
1424425111902.gif
528KB, 276x305px
How many push ups for 5 sets before switching to dips?

Likewise, how many inverted rows for 5 sets before switching to chin ups?

Curious about the conversion rate.

They say that a push up is roughly 65% of body weight. Also push ups to dips are comparable to flat bench and decline, right?

Anyone know the math?
>>
File: 1492398295694.png (61KB, 1790x1640px) Image search: [Google]
1492398295694.png
61KB, 1790x1640px
Also is there any validity to using a 1RM calculator to do the math here?

Say we take a 200lb person and calculate 65% of his weight to 130.

130 would be the working set, correct?

At 14 reps his 1RM would be 203lbs using the Brzycki calculation.

https://muscleandstrengthpyramids.com/1rm-calculator/

Is it fair to guess a person should be able to do 1 dip for 5 sets then?
>>
how about you just try dips and see how hard they are instead of being an autist about shit that doesn't matter
>>
>>41219311
Thee 's two bee quaint who nest we th' yoof a milli A
>>
>>41219311
trying to tell a friend when he should switch to dips.
>>
>>41219290
Calculators like Brzycki equation let you compare volume by reps and weight. There is usually some level of crossover, but you will get better at the 14 rep range moreso than at the 1 rm. If you add in something like archer pushups there'd probably be a better transition to dips, or incline (I think that's the right one) pushups.
>>
>>41219454
Archer definitely looks like it makes one side harder so I can see the strength gains transferring over.

Incline however would be the opposite of dips.

It would probably be better to do pushups on a decline by placing your arms on boxes or something.
>>
>>41219718
The intensity lessens on decline because of a lower percentage of bodyweight being in the arms and a higher percentage in the legs.

I see what you're thinking. The trick is to do/go towards a planche rather than allow the arms to travel ahead of you. As the arms go further forward it works the lats more, as the go closer to the legs and feet you get more chest p much.
>>
>>41219876

You're using decline when referring to incline push ups. Decline=feet up and incline=arms up. Also, 10 push ups and he should start p-bar dips, like the other anon said stop being autistic.
>>
>>41220144

Just wanted to also add that negative dips are like free gains when working toward a dip and he should be super setting those in with his push up routine. Work down in progressions. Negative/jumping dips to decline pushes/archer to regular to incline. Maybe some bodyweight flies.
>>
>>41220269
>Maybe some bodyweight flies.

What's that?
>>
>>41219386
He should switch to dips when he can do a couple dips. Tell him that, faggot.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.