[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No QTDDTOT is going on. I'll start. 6'1 180lbs All

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 44

File: 1489339764253.jpg (458KB, 1282x768px) Image search: [Google]
1489339764253.jpg
458KB, 1282x768px
No QTDDTOT is going on. I'll start.

6'1 180lbs
All my muscles are thriving except 'ceps and shoulders. Which isolation exercises should i do? Also do you train forearms?
>>
>>41212913
which 'ceps, bi, tri quad? compounds are always better than isolations
>>
>>41212997
Biceps
>>
>>41212913
i like doing seated curls (15 reps each cep) alternating each arm then drop down from 35s to 25s and just focus on contracting the muscle and going slow back down. your arms should feel like falling off after this
>>
>>41212913
Biceps can take a shitton of volume, and if you've got a lanky build good luck senpai (i do and it is hell)
I like to blast them twice a week HEAVY (supinating curls and preacher curls on with a w-barbell).
Don't forget to barbell row all the fucking time too.
>>
File: Back.png (77KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
Back.png
77KB, 736x736px
Recently been improving deadlifts, but last few workouts have left me with an ache at pic related.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? It's a complicated lift, so I suppose there's a gorillion reasons.. But if anyone's experienced something similar it'd be neat if you could share if you learned anything from it.
>>
Worked the bis on Monday. Have a little purple circle on my ridge since yesterday. Is this related to working out? Anyone know anything about it? Doesn't look like a stretch mark because it's a circle.

inb4 aids/cancer/death
>>
>>41213102
butt cheaks too weak or too stiff, quads too stiff, hammies to weak, abs not strong enough, obliges not strong enough, uneven grip, hip tight.

most probably weakness in butt and hammies+ stiff butt.
>>
>>41213102
Stop lifting for a week or two.

If it goes away, you're fine. If it doesnt, you have a problem.
>>
>>41213102
med fag here, do you feel slight pain when you move your head, especially when you tilt it forwards? I mean like when you touch your chest with your chin.
>>
File: yohimbine.jpg (193KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
yohimbine.jpg
193KB, 1500x1500px
I know Yohimbine HCL is for stubborn fat. But is Yohimbine only for people who are trying to go from like 10% to 8% bodyfat? Or does it help regardless?

I'm about 13% and trying to cut down to 10%. Abs are starting to be visible but there's still a little bit of fat there and I want it gone. I'm already taking EC.

I'm thinking of waking up earlier every morning, taking Y while fasted and going on a 1-hr walk, but I want to know if it'll even be effective before I order it.

Yohimbine HCL yes/no?
>>
>>41213260

Mmh, I suppose adding more accessory work could fix it if this is the case?

>>41213285
Shit mang, can't recall - only felt it for a day or two after last back workout. What are the implications if I do feel like that next time?

>>41213264
>Stop lifting for a week or two.
Oof, tall order.
>>
>>41213285
Not op but i do feel a pain when trying to tkuch my chin to my chest. What does it mean man?
>>
>>41213356
jk not a doc maybe you should tell your bf to be more gentle idk
>>
>>41213374
Maybe you should stop being a faggot and either be helpful or leave
>>
I started lifting 2-3 months ago and gained 13 pounds on muscle mass, but my schedule got wrecked due to holy week, only got to go 1 day in the whole week to the gym.
Could I have actually lost progress from not going almost a whole week or is it just my imagination?
>>
>>41213102
I've had the same thing over the last week from deadlifts.

It's your abductors right at the top of your ass. They can take up to 10 days to heal.

Just take it easy and do some dead hangs to stretch. Do not bend over to stretch in case it has something to do with a disk.
>>
>>41213415
Nah you're fine m8. Two weeks, maybe you could worry a little, but a week is nothing.
>>
>>41213415
Likely not. It could've even made your lifts go up.
>>
>>41212913
i'm digging on the Path of Vynz. It would be a nice life having only positive vibes around you
>>
File: stretchmarks.jpg (16KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
stretchmarks.jpg
16KB, 300x250px
How does /fit/ deal with stretch marks?
>>
>>41213479
I just deal with them. There are worse things in life.
>>
>>41213102
I had this & ignored it & snapped. Stop lifting & get to a physio. Two years later I still can't deadlift :,(
>>
>>41213475
I'd argue that it's almost possible in real life with mental training
>>
>>41213591
I find this very motivating
>>
>>41213537
Well there must be someone on this board who has experience treating them.
>>
>>41212913
>>41212913

Is there really that much of a kcal difference in eggs of the SAME size and weight?

MyFitnessPal gives me almost 140kcal to 90kcal for a 60g egg.
>>
What do you guys do when a cat pisses on your stuff?
>>
path of zyzz obviously
>>
>>41212913
Smolov's intense mesocycle asks for a set of 5 at 90% of your new max from the base mesocycle on the very first day.
Is this even possible? I can squat 90% for 3 at best so I might be missing something.
Do you have to take a certain % of your PR for the training max you use to calculate?
>>
>>41212913
can I substitute chinups with pullups in 5/3/1 BBB?
>>
whats your preferred upper chest workout? doing candititos hypertrophy LP U/L so im already doing incline DB bence 4x8 but im really lacking muscle there. ive been doing cable pullovers but they seem awkward to do and i always end up cheating form.what do you guys think about landmine press?
>>
is this progression decent? (lifting for 4 months, kg, estimated 1rm)
bench: 45 -> 90
squat: 75 -> 130
diddly: 110 -> 150
>>
>>41214217
Yes
>>
>>41214118
>>41213479
I've never had to deal with them but apparently using coconut oil/milk is a good treatment
>>
>>41214231
Your estimate doesnt mean shit but yes, that's good progress.
>>
>>41214237
estimated with the epley formula
weight for five reps would be
40 -> 78
65 -> 112
95 -> 127.5
>>
>>41214136
Just go with the average, or the highest every time. Just for consistency

>>41214140
my cat was doing that and I just ignored it and dealt with having to do laundry every other day. Then he stopped eating and lost all muscle and fat in his body in a 2 week period. Turns out he had a severe bladder infection and total kidney failure. He has to be on special food for the rest of his life now.

If he starts acting strangely in any other way take him to a vet.
>>
>>41212913
lat raises are really neccessary, and find a curl variation where you feel your bis
>>
>>41213356
it means your traps have shitty mobility you stretch them by doing this
>>
>>41213102
do you use mixed grip/ have any imbalances you know of?
>>
>>41213289
it makes cutting easier in general and supposedly breaks off the fat acceptors, this way even stuck fat is easier to reduce. the main reason is simply raising tdee, so this should work easily.
>>
Need a good bi/tri/ shoulders work out bros, any help?
>>
What's a good ab routine? There seems to be a lot of contradictory information on this. I've been doing weighted crunches and weighted Russian twists 3x12
>>
>>41214490

lose weight
>>
6'1
20yo

I have 6 months to bulk, is there any point from this stage?
>>
>>41214513
Yeah... but I can exercise them and lose weight at the same time.
>>
>>41214524
Why 6 months?
>>
>>41212913
Path of scooby has no long term downsides? Sign my ass up
>>
>>41214550
University continues in September my dude, want to add on as much bulk as possible with all my free time and the maintain from there

Been living off a diet of super noodles so now that i'm home I need to sort my life out
>>
What's is the go to routine for "aesthetics"? I've been doing SS for a 5 months and am ready to move on. I am able to work out 6 days a week, is PPL the way to go?
>>
>>41214582
Chicken breast, broccoli rice, portion that into 5 portions per day and u should be gud
>>
How do I train myself to not use a pussy pad?
I can squat up to 100kg for 5 reps without a pad, but above that I can only do 1 rep because it hurts too much to do more.
I normally squat 130-140kg so I have to use a pad due to the pain.

Is there a way to get past this?
>>
>>41214768
That's weird you're fine with 100kg but not above. Normally people just use them because they never trained without and learned the proper technique, but if you can get up to 100 it sounds like you have some idea. Are you squeezing your shoulders together to make a traps platform?
>>
What do you eat for protein on the go people? I have most of my meals outside because uni and I don't know what's something good, rich in protein and easy to carry.
>>
>>41214811
canned tuna, beef jerky
>>
I haven't done situps in a good two weeks, perhaps once or twice in the time period it feels like. My max was 58 situps in 2 minutes. Should i expect a huge loss in reps or are abs one of those muscle groups that deteriorate slow as fuck?
>>
When doing decline situps should I go all the way down for fuller ROM or stop perpendicular to the floor for continuous pressure on my muscles?
>>
On tdee calculators like fitness frog, when they say "moderate exercise - 3 to 5 days a week" do they mean intense cardio or a gym session where you're sweating and working hard? I don't want to overestimate my maintenance.

I'm 6'2", 230 lbs and 20 years old and the calculator tells me my maintenance for moderate exercise is 3568. For the past couple weeks I've been trying to eat under 2000 calories and it sucked.

So if I'm trying to cut should I eat 2500 calories or 3000? I'm a fatty so I think I should eat max 2500 per day.

Another question I had is, what happens if I don't exercise between 3 and 5 times in a week? What if I can only go 2 days this week because of finals? Do I change my tdee total cals for that week to light exercise instead? Or am I overthinking this.
>>
>>41214209
anyone?
>>
i do a push/pull split, but my biceps are a lagging body part, can i train biceps every workout if my routine is ABxABxx?
>>
>>41215291
the best thing to do is use the maintenance it says, eat at it, and see if you lose weight over the week (do an average rather than just the weight on one day), and calculate your actual maintenance, and eat below that.

hope this helps :)
>>
I want to know if i completely fucked up or if my Routine was "okay". I have started lifting on a deficit in September. I went to the gym three times a week consistently and did my routine every day. It is as follows:
Every excercise has a warmup of 10 Reps with the bar, followed by a set with about 2/3 of my max, followed by two sets of my max, totaling in four sets.
Lat pulldown 4x10
Deadlifts 4x8
Benchpress 4x9
OHP 4x8
Curls 4x9
I recently found out that some excercises should not be done three times a week. Was ist really that bad? I'm switching to a PPL routine next week but am concerned since some muscle groups would have four rest days even though i think i could do more work.
My stats are shit btw because i was lifting on a huge deficit and started with squats instead of deads which i switched halfway because deads are more fun. I also substituted benchpress with pushups and ride my bike almost daily.
>>
I've been doing a brosplit for 6 months and have made decent gains, but I'm a bit bored of it now and think I would like to try a routine that hits every muscle group with more frequency. Any recommendations?
>>
File: lat.png (585KB, 1320x1028px) Image search: [Google]
lat.png
585KB, 1320x1028px
Guys, I need some advice.

Fat DYEL New to lifting, and I keep fucking up my lats, I think. I've been doing Sean10mm's 5x5. On Saturday I did BP, Squats, and Lat Pulldowns, with 10lbs added to each over previous week. On Monday, I did OHP, DL, and Rows, also with 10 LBs added over the previous week. I'm not putting up huge numbers, OHP 65, DL 135, Rows 105, BP 95, Squat 85, Lat Pulldowns 90.

Last week (I can't remember which day) my right lat had this terrible pain right where it meets the thoracolumbar fascia (IDK if there is a "common" term for this). After one day of pretty intense pain, the pain went away. Today (and a little yesterday) my left side has this same terrible pain. Pic very related.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this normal like the tendons in my elbows when I first started lifting, and my body is adjusting to the weight? I watch form videos before I do every lift with my wife and have her check my form to make sure I'm not doing it wrong, but I'm not sure if this kind of pain is normal. Sorry for the blog post.

tl;dr my lat hurts real bad and I'm not sure if due to improper DL form or just heavier lifting than my body has ever done.
>>
>>41214490

add on planks as well and do hanging leg raises.
>>
>>41215742
bump
>>
>>41215123
The following goes for any muscle group:

Not lifting for 2 weeks will lead to some noticeable loss in strength and endurance. However, the actual amount of muscle mass lost will be very little. This means after you resume ilfting you will be able to work back to your max performance pretty quickly.

>>41214811
Dry roasted edamame is a great high-protein snack when you're on the go.
>>
>>41212913
>will sage and ignore this lame version
I choose the path of PIANA
YOU BEGIN AS A NORMAL BODYBUILDER BUT SLOWLY TRANSFORM INTO A TOP HEAVY MADMAN. 8 HOUR ARMS/12 MEALS A DAY/VACCUMS GODDAMNIT! ALL YOU EAT IS REAL FOOD AND EVENTUALLY YOU GET CANCER, RIGHT BABE?
>>
What's the best routine to get thicc?
>>
>>41214513
I fucking hate dumb ass responses like this. Every time I try and find ab routines it's always I inevitably get linked to an article that's all "hurr durr abs are made in the kitchen" Yeah, no shit they are, but at some point I need to do ab workouts fuck-knuckle, answer the fucking question you cunt.
>>
>Left frontdelt + pec is bigger than right pec + frontdelt
>Right tricep is bigger than left tricep
How do I fix this? Its not extreme yet, but I want to even it out.
I do bench with dumbbels.
>>
>>41216441
get a symmetrical collar bone
>>
>>41215742
p-pls respond.

Seriously guys, I need help.
>>
>>41216489
WTF how did you know? I just checked and I guess its asymmetrical. Is there anything I can do?
>>
File: 1461352444466.png (37KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1461352444466.png
37KB, 700x600px
For pic related, would adding a pushing isolation movement after the curls on day A and C, and add a pulling isolation movement on day B hinder my recovery? I feel that this routine has way more pulling than pushing.
>>
>>41215742
>>41216143
>>41216534

that seems low enough to be caused by improper DL or Rows. To me it seems like you are putting too much strain on your lower back.
I'd stretch more and work on form. Working on your core (planks and shit) might be beneficial too.

(I might be super wrong tho)
>>
Looking at getting my PT cert, any suggestions which to go for? Leaning towards ACE, but NASM seems to place more emphasis on weight training.
>>
>>41216577
It's pretty balanced, most routines don't have enough pull. It probably wouldn't hurt your recovery though unless you literally just started, its a beginner routine.
>>
>>41216585
Thanks man.
>>
>>41215426
bump
>>
Im a new lifter, and when I do certain lifts I feel a tension in my head and I get dizzy and abit of a headache. Is this normal? Does it go away in time when I've been lifting more?

I just wanna make sure everything is OK and I dont like get an aneurysm or something.
>>
What are essential supplements for cutting besides creatine and whey?

Been told to get some sort of stimulant to suppress hunger or preworkout but wanna hear some other opinions.
>>
>>41217009
Simple black coffee
>>
File: 5Kg7Y04.jpg (65KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
5Kg7Y04.jpg
65KB, 431x450px
>>41216363
Maybe stop being a fucknut then and specify what the fuck you want to do with your abs. What layers do you want to train for what tasks?
Asking for an "ab routine" is like asking for a "muscle routine" and then getting mad when people give you the common brosplits, PL and oly routines.
Maybe next time make sure people have an actual question to answer, you autistic retard.

Someone actually took the time to try to guess what you meant by "ab routine", figured out that such a dumb-ass question probably meant you're a fat fucking sack of shit that wants visible abs, and gave you the answer a fat sack of shit that wants visible abs needs.
>>
>>41217009
essential:
-
handy:
caffy
vitties, if your nutrition during your cut is lacking
if you want to get more serious about "supplements" ask again in /fraud/
>>
>>41217000
google exertion headaches and learn to breathe properly

>>41217009
drinking lots of green tea doesn't hurt either
>>
>>41217029
>>41217069
>>41217088

Thanks for the responses lads. I've been drinking a ton of green tea lately, only in week 3 of my 500kcal deficit cut. Wish me luck boys
>>
File: 1489275085370.jpg (72KB, 736x920px) Image search: [Google]
1489275085370.jpg
72KB, 736x920px
>>41217009

I've started an EC stack (24mg ephedrine 2x a day with 200mg caffeine) and it works wonders for hunger.
>>
stretch marks to six pack?

will I ever have a flat stomach, or will it always be this flabby loose skin?
>>
File: IMG_1523.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1523.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
Any bros here have experience keeping/making gains while going to grad school and full time work? Thinking of going back to grad school next spring.
>>
>>41214231
Holy fucking shit, it took 3 years for me to come from 45 to 100 kg bench (was a curl bro, so I did squats and diddly only since last year, my current states are also 130 squat and 170 deadlift).
>>
>>41217210
Yeah not everyone should make it in 2 weeks from a dead start at empty bar don't worry lad.
You're not a world champ, and you're not the worst person on the gym, so stop reading too much into it.
>>
File: 1290276087466.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1290276087466.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px
How to be less arrogant and overconfident?

I realized i'm not feeling bad because i lost the girl, im feeling bad because i'm used to think i'm so good they should never walk away or desire another man after getting it on with me.
I'm extremely confident in myself in almost everything i do and i just can't fathom that this one girl doesn't want to keep seeing me.
>>
any tips for 2 days a week split routine? i know that just 2 days are sad, but do you guys have any ideas?
few months into lifting now.
>>
>>41212913
how do you forget the love of your life?
cant simply forgive cheating even if it was "just" kissing
>>
>>41217481
Work for someone more competent than you. Should be doing this anyway or you wont learn shit.
>>
>>41215426
feeders nightly
>>
can I make a novice version out of this? always 5x5 for the main lifts? deadlifts 1x5? maybe doing 100% for 'light squats' ? pls respond
>>
File: 531 uncucked.png (158KB, 690x707px) Image search: [Google]
531 uncucked.png
158KB, 690x707px
>>41218675
>>
Is the ab wheel a meme?
>>
Okay fit, could someone give me advice which routine should i follow on deficit. started with 531 but stalled alredy on cycle 2 and im feeling very weak, imo due to deficit. Wendler said in his book specifically not to be in deficit while doing 531 routine so now i feel like an idiot for trying to do it anyway. Progress in bodyfat was great but strength, not so much. i can fit lifting 3 times a week and i do light cardio on off days (Incline walks on treadmill) for 30 mins and at speed of about 5 mph two times a week. I really want to see just a bit of contours of abs for the first time in my life by mid july.

I know i sound desperate but such is the life.
>pls respond
>>
>>41218859

No, it's a useful tool to help you out with your core, but it isn't necessary. If you have the $20 to throw at one there is no point NOT to.
>>
>>41218982
Thanks anon. Actually I can have this model at 8€ atm:
https://www.decathlon.fr/ab-wheel-id_8350221.html
>>
>>41218972
531 is perfect for cutting bc the training max is a great puffer system. I read both books and I can't remember him saying t´soething like this

how do you like this >>41218685
it's from practical programming
>>
>>41219019
>puffer
buffer
>>
>>41218982
not him but how do I progress?

can do 3x8 and by the end im sweating like a pig, worse than squatting almost double my bodyweight 3x5
>>
>>41219019
Hey anon, thanks for quick response, after you said that you don't rememmber i had to look up to if i was correct. Anyway, Wendler says it on page 59, on multiple occasions and he mentioned it in first rule quote: "...You will eat to grow – this is not time to be on a cutting diet or be in a caloric deficit.
You must eat a ton of protein (strive for AT LEAST 2 grams of protein per pound of
bodyweight. This is a minimum.) Every meal should have a huge serving of meat or
eggs, a protein drink and whatever carbs you can shove down your gullet. This is not a
time to cut carbs..."
look it up yourself here.
http://crossfitnorthvancouver.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Wendler-PDF.pdf

Excerpt you linked me from practical programming seems to similar to 531 so i dont think it will work even tough i like it. The reason i chose 531 is strenght but i realised i want to cut a bit. I know I'm being bitchy atm and sorry for that. But anyway, what percentage of my 1 rep maxes should theese lifts be? I havent read about practical programming 2 much desu senpai so I'm pretty much ignorant about it.
>>
>>41219019
>>41219228

Forgot to ask, could you maybe suggest some kind of split instead?
>>
Has anyone here experienced slipping rib syndrome?
>>
HELP GUYS
How the fuck do I stop binge eating? How the fuck do you feel or get motivated?
I cant seem to be motivated enough to do things, I cant even use mfp more than three days before forgetting.

>went from BMI 45 to 24 two years ago
>eased on things last summer
>had an accident on december 2016 and lost almost all my memory
>see the scale and now im BMI 29
>lack discipline and motivation because I CANT REMEMBER WTF was going on in my life or the person I was before
>I just found out the things on my computer and re-read it all
>memories are still blurred

I cant seem to take my life on track again
>>
Google url shortener /xmL6VF
Is this worth?
Would like to use it for starting strength.
Can't fucking post the damn link since it thinks my post is spam.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170426-161537.png (996KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170426-161537.png
996KB, 1440x2560px
>>41219341
>>
File: Screenshot_20170426-161548.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170426-161548.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>41219365
>>
File: MEMEnto.jpg (21KB, 399x299px) Image search: [Google]
MEMEnto.jpg
21KB, 399x299px
>>41219255
Go full Memento and write stuff down everywhere
>>
File: you're_making_me_nervous.jpg (110KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
you're_making_me_nervous.jpg
110KB, 540x540px
There's a sale on tofu in a store near me. Will it make me grow bitch tits?
>>
>>41219255
You lack willpower, the most important thing in life
>>
File: confus.jpg (31KB, 500x433px) Image search: [Google]
confus.jpg
31KB, 500x433px
does anyone have the pic of the guy who installed a powercage and had to put the beams through his ceiling to get it to fit?

I need it for school
>>
Really need some help witb Bench Press

For some reason I just cannot seem to hack it. I try to do three sets of 8 but I just don't seem to be able to have the stamina. Atm I do the bar plus 7.5kgs on each side which is nothing (recovering fatty, lost all the weight now trying to put on muscle). I can do the first set, the second set is major trouble and the third set I can barely manage one or two reps.

The annoying thing is, straight after this I can go off and do another chest exercise no problem, its like the fatigue is exclusively tied to my bench press. Am I doing something wrong? Should I concentrate on more weight but less reps? Is this something that will just naturally improve with time?

Other chest exercises just for picture. 3 sets of 8 of
22kg Chest Press
14kg Chest Fly
Bench Press
Dips (which I recognise is mainly triceps, but I'm so frustrated by my bench press)
>>
>>41219505
are your shoulders retracted? are you moving the bar above your nipples?
>>
File: ToD-fed.jpg (72KB, 295x325px) Image search: [Google]
ToD-fed.jpg
72KB, 295x325px
>>41212913

>5'11" was ~169lb
>doing my first bulk, 2 months into it
>lifts going up fast
>weighed myself today ~185lb
>have big belly
>have visible veins on chest/shoulders for some reason
>never been fat before
>fucking hate my appearance atm

Don't know what to do, too poor and britbong to cut and still meet protein macros.
>>
>>41219517
Yes I believe so, although I think the bar is slightly below my nipples, but probably only an inch at a maximum. Would it make that much of a difference?
>>
>>41219399
no
>>
>>41219560
egg whites
>>
Are there any exercises I can do to work out my sides? I'm serious.
I lost a lot of weight and for the first time my delts peek out from behind my ribcage, but my torso still has a very pronounced hourglass shape with a tiny waist. I can lose maybe half a cm more from my hips, but I can feel the bone right under the skin so they won't get much narrower.
>>
>>41219384
Looks like a good deal. I got a similar setup without the preacher bar and slightly more rusted and 4 fewer 5 pound plates for 500. It was a great investment. Do it!
>>
>>41219560
it requires less money to cut ya dingus. just eat less and run
>>
File: watreading.jpg (80KB, 417x600px) Image search: [Google]
watreading.jpg
80KB, 417x600px
>>41219706
>my delts peek out from behind my ribcage
>>
>>41219414
how can I get it back?
Life seems super easy to me now that I cant remember my bad memories and traumas its almost like a dream, except for the hospital checkups, im caeliac and hipothyroid but thats easy to manage...
How do I get willpower?
I was thinking entering cocoon mode, since I cant remember people i knew before i came out from hosptl in jan 2017
>>
>>41219817
Erm lats?
>>
I noticed my nipples look smaller after I do physical activities. What is the reason behind that?
>>
Any ways to emphasize improving OHP? It's my worst lift and I realized after today (stupidly) that I can't do jerks after cleans because I can't get the bar up above the shoulders.

Probably doesn't help that I did them the same day as OHP.
>>
>>41219896
blood goes somewhere else
same with your dingdong
>>
>>41219867
If you don't want bullshit bro science or spiritual shit read "The willpower Instinct"
>>
File: IMG_0763.jpg (51KB, 750x536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0763.jpg
51KB, 750x536px
Anything wrong with this diet guys?
Can I expect to make plentiful gains

doing icf 5x5, might do weighted dips for chest instead of bench until I can keep adding weight without stalling
>>
File: 20170426_174007.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170426_174007.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
I want to get in shape but too poor to afford a gym membership. /fit/ neighbour gave me all of this for free yesterday. Is this good enough for a beginner? Is there any good dumbell routines?
>>
I went to the gym today for the first time today with a m8 (it was his first as well) but I/ we were both to scared to go to the weights section even though they were relatively free. Am I autistic?
>>
>>41220414
Pull your balls out from your gooch, anon, you don't realise how lucky you are to have a non busy gym
>>
>>41220428
We purposely went an hour before closing as its a small place
>>
>>41220094
Bumping
>>
>>41212913
Former roider here, until I had an accident.
Only just started training again today, after 8 months. Do you reckon I'd still get muscle memory back if I'm just cutting?
>>
>>41220339
Bump
>>
>>41214118

they're scars like any other, you can't get rid of scars
>>
I just started a second job today. Fitbit says 16k steps today and 3500 calories burned so far. I'm about to go to my shitty UPS job and, according to the fitbit, add almost another 2500 calories burned. I know they aren't super accurate, but at least this one goes off of my heart rate. Sitting at 52bpm right now and will spend most of the night anywhere from 120-140. Can I eat more than a rotisserie chicken and a cup of coffee every day or do I man up and deal with it for a couple of months?
>>
Been doing madcow, having trouble keeing up with the numbers outlined in the spreadsheet, it seems like rather than increasing lifts by 5lbs each week, it takes me 2 weeks

I'm eating tdee +500, sleeping 8-9 hours a night and I only work out 3 days per week, doing the 3 compounds and maybe some light accessory work. I do light (10-15 min) cardio 3 days per week, on off days

What could I be doing wrong?
>>
I am doing a 4 day routine: back,chest,legs and arms

Can I do this shit without having a rest day because different groups are so spread out?
>>
>>41220094
you drink 2 liters of milk for breakfast? and what is unflavored 2.0?
>>
File: 1454816234056.jpg (114KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1454816234056.jpg
114KB, 1080x1080px
>>41212913
Im going to be hanging out with some normies and I realize my biceps and triceps are lagging. In 3 months whats a reasonable amount of growth I can add to my arm circumference.
>>
>>41220339
Lmfao did he really give u the supps as well?
You can do some dumbell exercises for arms chest and shoulder, but they will have little impact on your body, find a barbell at least so you can do compound exercises
>>
>>41222520
bout 350
>>
>>41214220
Im done landmine presses. Good to add but wont isolate chest, will hit chest, serratus, and front delt. Do flat db bench as well. Do cable flies instead of pullovers, see if that is any better.
>>41214624
brosplit with heavy emphasis on curls as thats all normies will really notice.
>>41215527
each muscle can and should be hit 2-3 times a week for beginners. Biceps everyday. Smaller the muscle is, faster it recovers. Take that and use it to figure out your planning.
>>41215742
Its probably the DL. When I first did DL for 135 my lower back hurt. Understnad that DL will tax your body hard, be careful as you advance and keep an eye that it doesnt get worse. Pain should subside after 3-4 days, if not go to doctor.
>>
>>41217171
depends on age and amount lost. If significant weight loss and older age you will always have loose skin.
>>41217208
Im in grad school. Its a lot easier than undergrad as you set many of your own deadlines. You are often limited to 9 credits only if tuition waiver and work load is more like reading published papers than grinding useless shit. Theres a good chance you will have plenty of time to work out.
>>41219874
do oblique work. dumbbell bend overs, and front squats heavy will blast your obliques.
>>41219905
do 3 times a week and microplate.
>>41220339
goblet squats, curls, tricep bend backs over neck (idk name), dumbbell rows, db shoulder press.
>>41220473
muscle memory stays for decades.
>>41221740
see if you lose a lot of weight in a week. if so you can eat more.
>>41221741
eat more maybe.
>>41222473
potentially yea
>>
>>41217208
It's fucking intense.
>MBA
>teaching assistant
>Dad of 4 kids
>plan on hitting each body part twice a week but with random issues only hit stuff once a week
>only cardio I have time for is walking to/from campus

Basically build in contingency plans and ways to maximize your time.
>>
>>41221740
Your heart rate is not 120-140 at night unless you're having the worst nightmare of your life every night, it is clearly wrong
>>
>>41222749
That's at work. I'm on the night shift.
>>
File: tmp_29254-429491g-1577067583.jpg (91KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_29254-429491g-1577067583.jpg
91KB, 1000x1000px
>>41212913
>>41212913
Is soy protein isolate a good protein supplement?

I'm also taking brewer's yeast so I think don't need to care much about aa profile, but not sure on that.
>>
>>41213479
don't look at them
>>
>>41219905
Do OHP first before any other lift 3x a week. Maybe cut out jerks for now? Or alternate, 2 days OHP 1 jerk. I imagine your jerk wouldn't suffer a whole lot if you lowered the frequency
>>
Just started doing Starting Strength, do I do only the three lifts according to the schedule or do I add in some accessory lifts?
>>
>>41223596
Add chin ups and curls at the end of every workout
Add light db overhead press on bench days
>>
>>41223625
Each of these 3x10, btw
>>
>>41223625
>>41223634
Thanks, I appreciate it.
>>
I'm 5'6 157lbs. And 14% body fat. I can't seem to get to 12%

Any tips? U currently eat 1800 calories a day and lift 3 days a week
>>
About to start hitting the gym at my work a few nights a week, and I'll be bringing some stuff to change into. I plan on wearing joggers or shorts, but my issue is my dick. You can see the outline of it through my joggers or shorts, and I'm trying to avoid that. Are there some sort of boxers or something I can buy that will just mash my dick and balls up against my body so it looks like I don't even have one? Is that what compression shorts are?
>>
File: 293942085550211082.png (4KB, 113x95px) Image search: [Google]
293942085550211082.png
4KB, 113x95px
Trying to chose between Pendlay Do-Wins, and VS Weightlifting II shoes. Does anyone have thoughts on either, and/or recommendations?
>>
>>41214524

>is there any point from this stage?

What do you mean? you're skinny as fuck, of course there's a point. Eat, my dude.
>>
>>41213479
show tits
>>
>>41213479
Body wll very slowly repair them over time
>>
File: QuadStretch.jpg (40KB, 1024x781px) Image search: [Google]
QuadStretch.jpg
40KB, 1024x781px
>>41213102
Hey, actual PA fag here.

I'm no PT but lower back pain in that area can sometimes indicate leg muscles being far too stiff and thus placing excess strain on the lower back muscles, and from my experience its more often than not the quadriceps that are the culprit. Try this stretch once in the morning, before you work out, and before you go to sleep until the problem resides. After that point perform this stretch before every workout regardless of the muscles you working out.
>>
>>41223947
>>41213479

>Body wll very slowly repair them over time

No they fucking won't. They fade in color, but they'll always be there, no matter what. This is one of the myths that /fit/ just can't seem to get out of its collective unconsciousness. Along with loose skin receding over time. It doesn't. Tough shit.

Everyone has stretch marks. Fucking everyone. I dated a girl that was 5' 4" and never weighed over 90 pounds in her entire life, and she had stretch marks on her knees and her thighs. Sure, I only saw them because she brought attention to them, and I could only see them under the right lighting, but there they were.

That's just the way it is. Human skin is shitty and weird and scars easily. No point in lying to people about it.
>>
>>41212913
How does on go about fixing a pinched nerve? My neck is in pain and my right arm has been numb or twitching for like a week
>>
Noob here, just started trying to clean. I've just been practicing form with the bar so far, but even with that it's extremely painful getting the bar back down once it's on my shoulders. The movement of unfolding my arms add I lower it gives a really sharp pain on the inside of one elbow, like a nerve pinch or something. What do I do?
>>
It's been cold recently here and I haven't been able to run or use a treadmill. What are some decent at home alternatives for cardio.
>>
>>41214794
I squeeze my shoulders together and grip the bar with my hands as close together as possible, but I still get a burning sensation on the contact point on my traps.
Should I just do more shrugs?
>>
I used to have a home gym but I moved house and couldn't fit anything. I'm looking to start again since I moved to a new place (I sold the old stuff years ago). What is the most important to have, I have a budget of around €6-800. Used stuff is fine too.

Barbell set > power rack > ???
>>
>>41212913
If I only do calisthenics can I just do cardio for legs? I don't want to have fucked up proportions.
>>
>>41225694
Yes.
But I would suggest doing some squats pistol squats and plyometrics for your legs.
You'll get relatively large legs from it.
>>
File: IMG_0285.jpg (52KB, 640x837px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0285.jpg
52KB, 640x837px
>>41212913
How does this routine look for general aesthetics and strength faggots

Push day:
4x5 bench
4x6 OHP
4x8 weighted dips
3x8 incline DB
3x10 lateral raise
Cable flies and tricep push downs to finish

Pull:
3x6 deads (can't pull heavy or my sacroiliac joint moves around cause I snapped my shit up last year)
OR: 5x5 power cleans
4x6 weighted chin ups or pull ups
3x8 lat pull downs sup grip or pro grip depending on what I did for second execrcise
3x10 seated cable rows
Rear delt flies and curls to finish

Leg day:
5x5 low bar
3x8 front squat
5x10 high bar
Ab stuff

Eating at around maintenance, losing a little fat before lean bulk

5'8" 165~ 29 yo male
Lifting experience 1 year, just getting back into things after year hiatus.
>>
File: IMG_0226.jpg (61KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0226.jpg
61KB, 720x960px
>>41225815
Christ if nobody replies to this and I typed it out for no reason I'll suck fat dicks in hell forever for shame
>>
Where should I get good fats?
Seems hard especially when cutting.
All I want to eat is fruit, beans, rice and chicken none of them really have much fat. Been eating peanuts to get my macros sorted but they are pretty calorie dense and don't fill me up at all so it makes cutting even harder
>>
>>41225908
Avacado?
>>
>>41223901
Neither will make you a better lifter.
Also, why don't you people understand that shoes have more to do with the shape of your foot than with objective quality?
>>
>>41225914
Don't really like how they taste
Pretty expensive aswell desu :/
>>
so two things
1) should I do my routine every day or alternating days for maximum gains?
2) the 5 times I've posted my routine people have said it's good others said bad but gave no reason why - it depends if I referred to it as my routine or a routine I found, what should I do?
>>
>>41225815
Sub the last 5x10 of squats out for some quad and hammy isolation e.g. leg extensions and hamstring curls, have a progression model and you're good.

If you're losing a lot of weight e.g. over a pound a week, you don't need near that volume though because you're not gonna gain muscle on that severe a deficit anyway.
>>
>>41225815
looks fine. if you're just getting back into lifting after taking a break, you'll probably make solid gains regardless. Unless you start stalling, there isnt much reason to change routines.
>>
>>41225908
Cheese? avocado? greek yogurt? whole milk?

google shit at least a little before you post
>>
Heres a question - given that you can get banned for fuckin anything here im gonna go ahead and open with the fact that this is in no way relevant to myself, more a thought i had.
If PEDs are bad for minors (lets say 16-18 year olds), are they actually gonna make a negative impact when taking into account the other drugs people those ages are consuming? Like, is a 16 year old doing coke and munching pills every weekend going to be any worse off if they do all that hectic shit but theyre on tren or hgh or test-e?
>>
>>41226151
Probably would have little to no negative effect long term relatively
>>
Anyone have experience with front squat programs or general tips?
>>
>>41223106
Pls respond
>>
File: fits greyskull.png (19KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
fits greyskull.png
19KB, 700x600px
Been doing pic related for 3 months now, is it time to switch to a different routine?
>>
>>41216441
>>41216489
>>41216570
help pls
>>
>>41212997
>compounds are always better than isolation
No
>>
>>41225990
>good fats
>cheese
>>
>>41226416
if it's working, don't switch
>>
>>41226956
Implying cheese isn't the tastiest fat
>>
File: 1446972474667.jpg (390KB, 1280x1556px) Image search: [Google]
1446972474667.jpg
390KB, 1280x1556px
>Skinny as hell (74kg while being 1,95m)
>Still living with parents
>Can´t afford my own food
>Parents dont want to hear about me wanting to eat more because even though we are not poor, they dont like spending money (still remember having to beg on my knees so parents would give me money for school trip, which was actually mandatory, they planned to call school that Im sick rather than pay)
How the fuck do I get some weight on me?
>>
>>41226996
your penis is the smelliest fat
>>
>>41227132
get a job
>>
>>41227145
Im still in school (although Im already 18, I will graduate next year). I always get a summer part time job but what can I do in the meantime? What will I do after summer once my money runs out?
>>
>>41227153
Part time job?
>>
>>41227244
read what I said again friendo...
>>
>>41222695
>>41222739

How hard was the GMAT bros. it's about the only thing I'm worried about. I finished my undergrad with a 3.5 GPA of that helps
>>
i choose the path of scooby. 10 years of ultimate bro time and then i snag a 7/10 who loves me until i hit the age of 130 with no muscle deterioration?

i mean bruh
>>
>>41227265
If you think a part-time job during high school is too tight on your schedule then I recommend you don't go to college.
>>
>>41225664
Get adjustable dumbbells, power rack, adjustable bench and oly bar with plates.
It would be best to get olympic dumbells so you can use the same plates for your barbell.
>>
>>41227282
I literally said that I do part time job on summer man... Unless Im the retard here and you are talking about getting part time job on weekends
>>
>>41212913
man all this panths seem kinda horrible. Im gonna keep with my own life
>>
>>41227339
You said your problem was what to do when your sommer job money was out. So yes, I am suggesting a part time job for weekends or even after-school if it fits.
>>
Aight /fit/ time to stop lurking for once.
I haven't been to the gym for 3 days now due to being a normie, and I've got an extremely sore tailbone. I've been squatting 3 times a week, and clue what it might be? I haven't hit it on anything and there's no bruising, hence concern.

Additionally, first sports massage tomorrow (n-no homo) anything you would recommend? (other than a happy ending xd)
>>
>>41213356
>>41213341

not him but it's indicative of a bulging disk: when you tilt your head or slouch your bulging disk presses against your nerve and causes discomfort.

from experience, honestly be careful on anything like a deadlift, the disc can completely herniate with one bad rep and upon that the discomfort will becomes depressingly severe.
>>
>>41223106
bro if it's got x amount of protein then it has x amount of protein. Ignore the bullshit "non-meant has a lower protein quality" broscience.
>>
>>41227339
jesus, how about a full time job over summer and then part-time thereafter.. this is what normal people who aren't rich do
>>
>>41227132
Oats, rice, nuts, tuna
>>
>>41225950
bump
>>
>>41225950
1) Depends on your routine
2) Depends on your goals
>>
File: Barbell.jpg (91KB, 509x339px) Image search: [Google]
Barbell.jpg
91KB, 509x339px
How do you tell the weight you're supposed to start at with barbells?
>>
>>41228207
start with the bar and add weight
>>
>>41228235
Okay, cool. Another anon in the other thread said the same thing. How do I know when to go up?
>>
>>41228247
By following your program.

You should have a good program already selected.
>>
File: 1.jpg (15KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
15KB, 550x413px
this one (350kg max, bar on top)
>>
File: 2.jpg (10KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
10KB, 550x550px
or this one (120kg max, bar below)
>>
>>41228250
Gotcha. Read more thoroughly, there's this tiny ass sentence about adding weight thrown into the wall of text at the end. Thanks!
>>
File: lewd.png (371KB, 600x540px) Image search: [Google]
lewd.png
371KB, 600x540px
>>41228295
>>41228301
I bought the big heavy black one
>>
File: KmsOrKq.jpg (5KB, 173x127px) Image search: [Google]
KmsOrKq.jpg
5KB, 173x127px
>>41217047
"Hey guys can I have a chest routine?"

OMFG WHAT KIND OF CHEST ROUTINE DO YOU MEAN THERE'S ALL KINDS OF CHEST EXERCISES!!
Well yeah, that's why I want a routine, a sin, many exercises for the many layers you fuck-knuckle
>>
>>41228688
Not even the anon you're arguing with but you should probably learn how strength training works before asking questions that basic literature will answer.
>>
>>41216363
>>41217047
>>41228688
you're both idiots
>>
Is one rest day enough if I do a full body workout or should I have two rest days?
>>
I'm just starting out. 27, male, 180lbs, 5'9. I've built a power rack, read SS, and starting to lift soon. I've built what I feel is a good diet that works with the macros, but I wanted to get opinions from you guys to see where I can improve. I haven't decided on meal spacing, but here is a rough idea of the order:

Steel Cut Oats - 108g carbs
1 Cup - 600 kcal

Banana - 27g Carb/1g protein
One - 105 kcal

Large Eggs - 12g protein/10g fat
2 Count - 150 kcal

Bacon - 6g protein/6g fat
2 Strips - 80 kcal

Whole Milk - 24g fat/33g carbs/24g protein
3 Cup - 450 kcal

Canned Tuna - 2g fat/40g protein
2 Can - 180 kcal

Mayo - 20g fat
2 tbsp - 180 kcal

Whole Grain Pasta - 74g carbs/15g protein
2 Cups - 350 kcal

Chicken Breast - 104g protein/6g fat
1 lb. - 500 kcal

Total: 2595 kcal
242 Carbs
202 Protein
68 Fat
>>
I'm going to fucking kill myself if I don't learn how to deadlift like a normal human being.
All these threads I see people saying they are at 0.5/1/2/3 etc.
And here I'm at 1/2/125kg and I still can't pull 3 plates for shit.
I'm not a manlet, I have long ass arms, and I definitely squat to depth.
I've watched about a dozen videos on how to deadlift and made little tweaks with little improvements but this is maddening.
What the fuck is wrong with me?
>>
>>41229799
Have you read starting strength? I personally found ripp's deadlift setup guide to be the best I've come across.
>>
Alright here we go:
no money for good running shoes, jump rope is kind of annoying, would...running down and up the stairs in my house be decent cardio? I know it sounds dumb at first, but ~20min cardio on off-days could easily be done on them?
110 steps total
>>
I am eating too much fat. My daily fat intake is way too much.
How to stop eating fat food? Please bully.
>>
>>41230013
Don't eat it
Don't buy it
>>
How do I go about combining lifting and lots of cardio (5-10k and basketball)?
>>
>>41230028
I can't. Simply because other members of the family eat the same food.
>>
>>41230107
Fuck off with the excuses. Find solutions. Don't eat their shit. Eat less of it. I dont fucking know the full situation, but you fucking fix it.
>>
>>41229799
Mmm I have the same problem with squats. Can pull 280 and bench press 170 and squat........160. Deloaded like 4 times to work on form. Seems solid now and fixed some diet issues so guess we will see
>>
>>41230118
Thanks!
>>
Should i only aim to get non-saturated fats? Or do you need a certain amount of saturated fats aswell?

Same thing with carbs, should i avoid all sugar and only go for the complex carbs? Or is some sugar sometimes useful aswell?
>>
>>41230213
Saturated fats and sugars are fine if they're from whole foods and you're not taking them in excess.
E.g. 4 or 5 pieces of fruit (with natural fruit sugars) is fine, 20 bananas isn't.
A normal portion of (red) meat is fine, an entire steak every day isn't.

There are pretty much no natural whole food sources that you need to ignore.
>>
>>41230092
prioritize one
you'll still make some gains on the other
>>
>>41228801
That's a lot of carbs for SS volume. Try less carbs until you start to need them from incorporating more volume as you progress.
>>
>>41230593
Thanks, I'll knock it down to 150 or so.

The real trouble I'm having isn't starting out and the diet, but what to do once I have the body I want. Am I stuck progressing forever or is there a method to just lift the same weight and eat at maintenance to keep the body I want without getting bigger or smaller?
>>
>>41213341
mechanical back pain just comes with deadlifts often, you probably rounded alittle, it doesnt sound like its persisted though so I think your fine to get back into. just focus on engaging your lats and keeping your chest up.
>>
File: 1 don't click.jpg (255KB, 1100x1077px) Image search: [Google]
1 don't click.jpg
255KB, 1100x1077px
>Consume protein supplements with artificial sweetener
>Saliva is sweet afterwards

Anyone else have this happen? Is it just a weird thing or could it mean something bad?
>>
>>41225926

>Neither will make you a better lifter.

Ok.

>Also, why don't you people understand that shoes have more to do with the shape of your foot than with objective quality?

I'm aware, which is why I was asking for personal experiences with either of them, as the majority of reviews on line have to do with objective build quality.

But I guess you're more interested as coming off as some super badass grizzled lifting veteran to strangers on the internet rather than being helpful. Kinda begs the question why you're even in this thread to begin with.
>>
Any of yall every had DOMS in your groin/hip abductors?
Ive had some clicking and popping in my left hip after squats so im training my hips more to ensure no injury. I went heavy on hip abductors because its fun to feel like you can crush a cinderblock twixt your nethers.
I have never had soreness like this.
any sort of motion of the ocean hurts
this is truly hell. Its like an STD, my whole grown and inner thighs hurt.
>>
I cant get a proper grip on the bar when squatting, and end up bending my wrists significantly when the bar is in a proper low bar location.

What stretches can I do to improve this?
>>
File: IMG_0437.png (710KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0437.png
710KB, 640x1136px
Can someone tell me what the green things are in
>pic related
They're what you have for free standing squats without a rack as like a safety thing I can't think of the name thanks
>>
>>41230803
Safety Stands
>>
>>41230669
flush your mouth with some water afterwards...

>>41230746
Hip abductors are on the outside of the hips, adductors are on the inside next to the groin.
I once went so hard on the hip adductor machine, I couldn't fall asleep from the soreness for two nights.
Do some stretching and try to move as often as possible.
Good luck.

>>41230789
Improve thoracic mobility, scapular retraction and posterior shoulder mobility.
Use those words to look up stretches.
Stretching only gets you so far, so if your shoulders, elbows, or wrists hurt, just squat high-bar.
>>
>>41230789
Thumbless grip
>>
>>41228310
>>41228247

If you're following starting strength, pick a weight that you can do for 5 reps with good form, but probably couldn't do more than 8 of. It should be moderately challenging to finish your sets, but not enough that form breaks down.
>>
>>41230843
Thanks
>>
I do benchpress with dumbbels and when I have the weight at my body and lean back my right side of the hip sort of cracks (like right side of my crotch and highest of my right groin). It does not hurt, but I have the feeling that my hips are not 100% afterwards. What is causing this?
>>
>>41230859
i always get them backwards. thanks homie, i just did frog stretch and nearly cried. I honestly love being sore like this.
>>
>>41230859
I mean even after flushing my mouth or even eating.
>>
>>41230615
A full body workout once a week will maintain your physique. I wouldn't be concerned with that however. The day you decided to get big is the day you became forever small (in your head)

The ride never ends
>>
>>41231395
brush your teeth then.
if even that doesn't help, get unflavoured protein next time.
>>
>>41230789
>>41230860

Seriously, do a thumbless grip.
>>
File: 1491503475499.jpg (181KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1491503475499.jpg
181KB, 720x960px
2 questions:
1. a good aestetic program for going to the gym 4 times a week?
2. theres a guy at my gym, who always workout in a hoodie and wearing a thick hat and other shit. is there any benefit in forcing your body to sweat more?
>>
>>41232132
>1
Any brosplit I guess.
>2
Not really. Hoodie lifting is general autistic lifter outfit.
>>
File: breakup.jpg (88KB, 658x720px) Image search: [Google]
breakup.jpg
88KB, 658x720px
>>41232132
The hoodie is designed to hide your disgusting body when your body dismorphia has set in and you're permacocooning because you think you're permabulking
>>
>>41222550
> dumbbell exercises will have little impact on your body

Is this true?
>>
>>41232584
For a beginner, dumbbell training exclusively is very inefficient use of your time.

If that's all the equipment you've got I'd instead rather recommend calisthenics. /r/bodyweightfitness is a good source.
>>
Anyone that owns a treadmill - belt is sticking on one side, not the other.

I've tightened it, realigned the rollers, lubricated the track and rollers, etc. Still just that one side.

Should I retouch it with the silicone lubricant or is there another factor I'm missing?
>>
>>41213479
Bleach the rest of your body to match in color
>>
>reach lmao 2pl8 squat
>injure leg in later session
>take two weeks off lifting as legs hurt so much I can barely get out of bed
>After the two weeks get flooded with job stuff
>take another two weeks off
>ah fuck my diet i hate my life
>end up wasting two months and gaining 8 lbs
>FUCK THIS I WANT TO GO BACK TO THE GYM AND DIET MORE
>first session is great
>second session hurt my leg again and can't squat today

goddammit
>>
I have a conference that lasts 5 days.
It is at a university but I am unsure if I will be allowed into their gym, what exercises should I do to keep my gainzz.
>>
Which is better for wrists, thumb-hook or suicide grip OHP? Been getting some wrist soreness after my OHP and I've been wondering which grip works the best. I typically suicide grip because it lines up better and allows better positioning with my arms.
>>
File: Arnold Arm Blaster Curls.jpg (54KB, 450x377px) Image search: [Google]
Arnold Arm Blaster Curls.jpg
54KB, 450x377px
Is it worth investing in an Arm Blaster?
>>
>>41212913
For shoulders do rear delt Flys and lateral raises every workout. 3 sets, low weight high rep (12-15). This is what I started doing when I had bursitis and even though I wasn't doing any heavy weighted shoulder exercises they ballooned. Then add Arnold presses to your usual shoulder workout (hopefully you are already doing some sort of military press).

Biceps, do 3 variations of curls on your arm day. I love 21 gun salute, hammer curls, and also seated inclined curls.

Forarms...I have never done a specific forearm workout but mine got pretty big by dead lifting heavy, rowing heavy, and also farmers walks.
>>
>>41233946
My wrists are broken from guitar and vidya (cts and more) so I have to use dumbbells.
>>
Going to be unable to go to the gym for a couple months. Only got a set of adjustable DBs that go to 30kg each, a flat bench, a pull-up bar and an improvised roman chair. I just maxed out on my noob gains. Any thoughts this routine? I know I should just go with an established routine - but all the DB only ones out there are pretty much bro-splits.

>UPPER 1
DB Press 3X8-12
Lateral Raises 2X8-12
Skull-crushers 2X8-12
Pull-ups 3XF
Flared DB Rows 2X8-12
Curls 2X8-12

>LOWER 1
Glute raises 3X8-12
Hanging Ham Curls 2X8-12
Split Squats 3X8-12
1Leg Calf Raises 2X8-12
W. Crunches 3XF
W. Back Extensions 3XF

>UPPER 2
DB Shoulder Press 3X8-12
DB Flyes 2X8-12
Triceps Extensions 2X8-12
Close-in DB Rows 3X8-12
Rear-delt Raises 2X8-12
Forearm Curls 2X8-12

>LOWER 2
Goblet Squats 3X8-12
SLSL Deads 2X8-12
Front Squats 3X8-12
1Leg Calf Raises 2X8-12
W. Crunches 3XF
W. Back Extensions 3XF

Add weight once above 15 reps on failure sets. If any of the other exercises becomes too easy with 30kg for 12, maybe go up to 15 reps.
>>
I drink almost everyday, usually whiskey+ice, how will that negatively affect my body/gains?

>>41212913
path of scooby
>>
>>41213479
they mostly fade over time. I have some stretchmarks from puberty (grew 6 inches in as many weeks) and they're almost invisible
>>
Boy oh boy does my pussy smell like some serious farts! Is it because I do squats?
>>
File: zyzz_feel.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
zyzz_feel.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>>41214524
my senior year of hs i had back surgery and was bed ridden for a month. i lost muscle and weighed about 155. i brung it up to 225 later that year, by just eating like a fucking animal, honestly dude. i ate 4300 calories a day and stuck to a pretty basic 5x5 powerlifting workout. no i didnt use steroids, and no it wasnt a clean bulk. im cutting now and am currently at 190. but honestly bro just eat like a monster, and lift heavy as you can, every thing lo reps high sets. i found that louie simmons powerlifting workouts helped me the best. starting strength is ok, but i feel that it is more suited to endomorph body types. good luck bro, from one former lanklet to a future one.
>>
>>41214524
>>>41214524
and the weight gain took about 8 months
>>
>>41234852
Do you bathe every day? Do you wash your pussy when you do?
>>
>>41234833
Yes, alcohol is bad for gains. A single drink a day won't have much of an effect, but if you're drinking more than that - then you're looking at a decent amount of lost gains.

>>41234852
No, it's because your "boipucci" is an asshole.

>>41233946
Lining up your grip properly is probably the issue: Bar over joint, slightly turned inward wrist so the bar lines up with your life line (or whatever it's called.) Thumbed grip works better for me to achieve that. Ripletits has a very good video on it.

>>41232584
No, it's not. The 5lbs dumbbells that middle-aged women use are of course useless. But a decent set of adjustable dumbbells with enough weight are enough to make good gains. The only problem is training legs: heavy enough ones for that would be very unwieldy and expensive, so you have to do stuff like lunges, single-leg romanian deadlifts, split-squats etc. Those exercises can be effective, but are a bit easier to injure yourself with if you're not careful, especially if you've been sedentary and have poor mobility and coordination.
>>
File: usa-today-8994114.0.jpg (159KB, 1310x873px) Image search: [Google]
usa-today-8994114.0.jpg
159KB, 1310x873px
>>41234776
i would add one ore two more sets on everything with 3-12 reps. when determining how many sets to do i ussually go by this....
(reps) 1-2 10+(sets)
(reps)3-5 6-8(sets)
(reps)6-8 4-5(sets)
(reps)9-12 4(sets)
(reps)13-15 3-4(sets)
(reps)15-25 3(sets)
(reps)25+ 1-2(sets)
>>
>>41234899
>bro just eat like a monster
Don't actually do this unless you want to be a fat tub of shit or are convalescing form major surgery.

>every thing lo reps high sets
>louie simmons
>endomorph body types
>calling someone who is 6'1'' a lanklet
QTDDTOT is not really the place for shitposting.
>>
>>41235011
Yeah, that was my thought too. Just that I plan on eating maintenance (or slightly below,) so I thought about starting out with a bit lower volume to test the waters.

My main dilemma is about legs: I thought about just doing lunges (with glute emphasis,) split squats (with quad emphasis) for my main sets on both days. Plus hanging ham raises and calf raises as accessories on both days too. But then again, I'm a bit torn about how to do legs with DBs so I thought trying a wider variety of exercises and seeing what works was a good idea.
>>
>>41235045
6'1 140 not a lanklet? ok

if you are a true lanklet (ectomorph) you can eat watever you want for the most part, the goal of it is to lower your metabolism from its natural high i also recommended that because the guy is only 20 and an extreme diet wouldn't hurt him

>not offering any alternative solutions
>accuses others of shitposting

that's why i get dubs and not you, ho
>>
>>41230092
Doing fine right now on 2ish days a week of lifting with climbing/running.

A
Bench
Weighted Chin
Squat
Accessories

B
OHP
DB Row
Power Clean
Deadlift
Optional accessories

Accessories are climbing specific, grip and balance stuff alongside core. Depending on what else I did that day I might skip them, or do them separately in the morning. You can do more arms (climbing is mostly enough for me) or add jumping/power movements.

I climb 3-4 days, run 3+ miles or hill sprint 3 days and lift at least 2, either alongside an easier climb day or on a separate day and then cardio with harder climbs. If its raining or I don't have a belay I might get in 3 or 4 lift days.

Progress is obviously a lot slower, but I'm also trying to maintain my bodyweight rather than eat big. Just listen to your body and take a day off if you're wearing down.
>>
>>41235098
yah i travel for work and was worried about getting a good leg workout without a gym. then i bought a kettlebe;; and holyshit does that change the home workout game. i would suggest a lower weight to start with and focous on form. mine is about 35 pounds. goblet squats work great with a kettlebell. you can also do one legged squats with a kettlebell for a great low rep workout, but it does take a while to develop the balance to do that.
>>
Gained 15 lbs over 7 months after lifting for a year without proper nutrition. No visible results but strength went to up. What am I doing wrong?
5'10 183
>>
So if I'm skinny fat should I cut or bulk even though I already have a belly?
>>
>>41235109
>6'1 140 not a lanklet? ok
That's a skelly, not a lanklet. Lurk moar. But that's beside the point, it's just that your advice is so stupid I thought you were trolling.

>if you are a true lanklet (ectomorph) you can eat watever you want for the most part,
Somatotypes are about as scientific as phrenology.

>the goal of it is to lower your metabolism from its natural high
Having a "fast metabolism" is complete and utter nonsense - unless you suffer from a handful of very rare and debilitating genetic defects.

> an extreme diet wouldn't hurt him
Eating in excess of 1000kcal above maintenance is sub-optimal for a natty, no matter the age. The bottleneck for MPS, neurological recovery and everything else that allows for gains is not bottle-necked by caloric intake once you hit a certain, fairly low, surplus for a natty. The only exception would be if he was also doing vigorous endurance training - but if you care mostly about putting on muscle you won't do that.

>not offering any alternative solutions
Not really easy to offer much specific advice without a bit more info. But, fine, let's assume he wants the usual: put on as much muscle as possible without putting on a lot of fat:

NUTRITION:
>Eat 750kcal until you hit 12-13%BF if you're under, once you hit that eat at a 500kcal surplus max.
>1.6g of protein per kg of LEAN mass, 1.1g of fats per kg of lean mass, rest is of course carbs.

EXERCISE:
>Do SS + accessories as recommended by the book, or GSLP or SL or any decent reputable noob routine.
>Running/cycling/swimming 2-4 times a week for about 30mins won't hurt, just don't overdo it.
>>
How much is a "cup" of food? I'm trying to log shit into MyFitnessPal but since I know nothing of preparing food or measuring it other than how much it weighs, I'm not quite sure how much a "cup" is.
>>
>>41235203
I started out skinny-fat and when I started doing a regular workout I just kept eating what I always did. went from 165lbs down to 150-155 and now up to 180lbs because of muscle gains. Just don't eat shitty food and stick to an exercise schedule.
>>
>>41235232
a cup is a unit of measure equal to 8 fl oz, 16 Tbsp, or 237ml. you can buy some measuring cups from walmart
>>
>>41235203
Depends on personal priorities, but in general:

If you are really fat, +25%BF, then start by cutting and lifting at a tolerable volume - twice a week should be enough to prevent losing a lot of lean mass while not being too hard on you. That way you'll actually be able to see your gains once you start bulking/recomping and your hormonal balance will improve for better gains.

If you're below 20%BF, then you would probably be best served by recomping until you hit 15% or so.

If you're below 10%BF, then lean bulk up to 12-15%, then recomp/bulk.
>>
>>41235226
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lanklet
>not knowing what a lanklet is
>telling me to lurk moar
>probably a transplant from bodybuilding.com
>>
>>41235226
>>
>>41235318
>Lanklet: Someone who is tall (6ft+)
>tall, 6ft+
>posted by zyzzbro
>urban-dictionary
Seriously mate, stop embarrassing yourself.

If you think gems such as somatotypes, "muh fast metabolism" and "just eat a shit-ton, bro" are good advice then you should be asking questions instead of answering them.
>>
>>41235355
>"muh fast metabolism"
believe it or not there is such a thing as different body types, and with that comes different energy needs,

learn a thing or two. before you click that post button it just makes you look silly

and somatypes are really just categories for ranges of body types, not a definitive label

>probably 5'6 manlet who gets fat eating 1000+ cal, kek
>>
>>41235420
>>41235325
>probably 5'6 manlet who gets fat eating 1000+ cal
Am I a manlet or a skelly, decide. I know you're same-fagging because of those magic numbers at the bottom of the page.
>, kek
Laughing at your own retarded jokes is retarded, but hey - that fits the pattern.

>believe it or not there is such a thing as different body types, and with that comes different energy needs,
"I am 6', 220lbs and have a higher TDEE than a 5'9'', 170lbs guy" is very different from "my body is able to violate the law of conservation of energy" or "my biochemistry differs markedly, in significant ways, from that of most other people yet I am not severely ill."

>and somatypes are really just categories for ranges of body types, not a definitive label
Hence they are misleading and useless: they are basically just different words for fat, skinny and normal; but they also claim that those differences are down to antiquated and disproven causes.

Bottom line: you gave that guy bad advice, I corrected you, you chose to take it personally. Just drop it, also read the fucking sticky.
>>
>>41235420

Not the guy you're responding to, but you're an idiot.
>>
What causes outward displacement of the kneecap and pain in my patellar tendon?

Been working out for two years and never had it before, during the last month I did quite a bit of hard manual labour and was absent from the gym for that time. Once I came back I noticed those issues.

The work was mostly pushing a fully loaded wheel-barrow up a steep hill, unloading stuff from a truck, breaking rocks etc.
>>
>>41234899
>louie simmons
>louie fucking simmons
>ss is meh, but dat dere wesside bro

jesus christ, i thought retarded gym bros like you were just a caricature. do you throw a bunch of chains and bands on your janky 225 deads because it's SO BEASTMODE?
>>
>>41235612
Also, my mobility went from being able to go ATG to not even coming close to parallel, also have a bit of pain in my lower thoracic spine: short flashes of stabbing pain, especially when sitting.
>>
>>41235612

Is it just one knee? It's probably patellar tendonitis. The back pain is probably a separate problem.
>>
>>41235621
Leave him alone, assuming that every noob is a roider who competes in equipped power-lifting and is advanced enough in it to need very specific work on sticking points is completely reasonable.
>>
>>41235644
Both knees, my kneecaps have visibly shifted a bit toward the outsides of my legs. My patellar tendons hurt the most, but pretty much all of my knee is feeling like it will burst. High reps on squats/lunges are the main culprit - heavy triples or maxing out on squats or deads doesn't hurt at all. Also my legs suddenly have a tendency to hyper-extend at the slightest provocation.
>>
>>41235695

Bruh, if there's a visible deformity, like patellar dislocation, you probably need to get to the doctor ASAP, not asking us retards on /fit/.

and if the tendons hurt specifically, of course high reps with work that requires you to extend you knees against a load is gonna hurt. Deadlifts don't specifically require much loadbearing extension of the quads (i mean, assuming you're using a textbook conventional stance.)

It could be arthritis, for all I know. Do you have a history in your family?
>>
>>41235759
>Do you have a history in your family?
No family history, 27 years old, good health according to my last checkup. This is coming completely out of left-field, just had some pain in my hams during that month - and the back thing, but that's probably a separate thing as you said.

You're right, best to see a doc first thing this afternoon. The wait is usually a couple months around here to get an appointment for minor stuff, but I guess I can walk into the ER - if it's something minor I guess I can live with the doc being a bit cross with me for wasting his time. Thanks.
>>
>>41230006
bump
>>
What are /fit/s thoughts on protein bars? Should I avoid them?
>>
>>41230006
Anything that gets your heart rate up can be "good cardio." But running up and down stairs can be hard on your knees - especially if you're overweight.

Are you fat? How long have you been lifting? What about previous cardio? Any joint issues?
>>
What are some goat tier foods that should be un everyone diet?
>>
>>41236069
Overpriced, tend to be quite chewy, some has way too much sugar - others have just enough to spike your insulin a bit after a workout.

If you like them and have the cash to burn - sure. But otherwise you're better served with a glass of milk and an oat cookie or a protein shake or a chicken sandwich or tuna or eggs or a myriad of other stuff.
>>
>>41236069

its usually better to just get unflavored protein powder and just add it to shit. protein bars are fine in a pinch if money is no object, but most have too many fat calories, and sugar alcohols which will make you shit like a firehose

>>41236096

Almost anything that is a single ingredient is good. I'm not a food purist, like those anti-bread fags, but eating foods that consist of single ingredients is usually a safe rule of thumb when it comes to how healthy it is.

other than that, depends, man. veggies, fruits, fish, almost any kind of meat honestly.
>>
>>41236096
>chicken breast
most protein bang for your buck unless you live in a country subsidies favour the milk industry (ie. most of the west) - in that case it would be whey.
>whey
>cottage cheese
>greek yoguhrt
>ayran
>mackerel
>hake
those two tend to have less mercury and other heavy metals than tuna or cod so you can eat them much more often
>tuna
>cod
as long as you don't eat them more than once or twice a week
>kflsjfa
fuck mate idk read the sticky, no food source in indispensable.
>>
>>41236072
no knee/joint issues, not fat, just chubby I guess
just started out lifting, desu my quads are on fire when I walk up the 110 steps after coming back from the gym
>>
>>41236153
>not fat, just chubby I guess
Ok, nigga, how tall are you and how much do you weigh, also how much do you squat and bench?

Even if you're not fat, I'd still avoid running up stairs for cardio. If you've been sedentary, then for the time being even just lifting can be cardio enough - when I started out just doing SS got my resting heart-rate from 140/95 down to 115/70 in a couple months. Or use the stationary bikes at your gym, or just run in a 10$ pair of fake chucks on soft ground, or do body-weight squats.
>>
>>41215426
On pull do 2 variations X3 both twice a week results will come
>>
>>41214118

If they're fresh either buy the silicone scar reducers or use a high quality silicone lube + bandage.

Only clinically proven way to help it, and your mileage will vary based on genetics. In the long run it'll fade but how much how fast depends on genetics. In a year or so if you're not happy go to a derm and he'll nuke it with a laser which can make it blend better... or may do absolutely nothing.

It may seem like a big deal now, but it's best to just live your life and not let it get to you. DESU nobody but you will ever give a fuck and it'll make zero difference in your life unless you're literally a pro underwear model, anon.
>>
Okay so I bought some creatine and I'm starting my loading phase today, I already took 5g two hours ago, how long until I take the other one? (20g a day)

Do I just take it whenever I eat? or specific time intervals or it doesn't matter as long as its not all at once?

anyways, my pre workout also contains creatine (MyPre - by myprotein) it has it's creatine listed pretty annoyingly as in 1g creatine monohydrate - 1g creatine HCI - 1g creatine 1H20 etc etc.... do I count this in or should I skip the preworkout for the loading phase?
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.