[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was mewing ever proved or debunked? I don't see any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: Pj623sv.png (384KB, 742x485px) Image search: [Google]
Pj623sv.png
384KB, 742x485px
Was mewing ever proved or debunked? I don't see any threads about it
>>
>>41209897
>proved
This is your brain on /fit/
>>
Tom Cruise has a surgically augmented jaw
>>
File: 1451941596280.png (275KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1451941596280.png
275KB, 500x375px
>>41209897
http://www.symbiosisonlinepublishing.co ... rapy35.pdf
here ya go boss
>>
>>41211335
http://www.symbiosisonlinepublishing.com/dentistry-oraldisorders-therapy/dentistry-oraldisorders-therapy35.pdf

my bad, link cut off
>>
>>41209897
It's BS.
>>
>>41211346
The conclusion of that paper:

A high correlation coefficient between myofunctional therapy
in adult patients and intercanine width was found for the upper
arch. Repositioning the tongue and practicing muscular exercises
for the lips, tongue, face and posture lead to an increase of
maxillary intercanine width of 3.2 mm in average and changes of
the upper lip length of 5.4 mm within roughly eight months.
Changes in the dental formation can therefore be influenced
by muscle therapy in non-growing patients.
>>
>>41211346
thanks for the link anon
>>
File: 1472428732529.jpg (10KB, 217x255px) Image search: [Google]
1472428732529.jpg
10KB, 217x255px
>>41211382
>Changes in the dental formation can therefore be influenced by muscle therapy in non-growing patients
>>
>>41211382
so you're saying that it works?

Can you quickly sum up some exercises? I've been doing the tongue position for about 5 days or so and I already feel my jaw changing slightly. My teeth were almost a little sore, maybe from moving.
>>
File: fuy7JFT.jpg (31KB, 588x283px) Image search: [Google]
fuy7JFT.jpg
31KB, 588x283px
>>41209897

Mewing works it just takes a while like a least a year to see results
>>
>>41209897
wtf is mewing
>>
post your mew progress
>>
Mew all the time, and chew Falim gum for 2 hrs a day minimum. Been doing it for ~1.5 months and the difference is already very noticeable.
>>
>>41211564
Where do you get Falim gun? I would prefer if I can buy it at a store. I've been using normal gum that you can buy at gas station and have seen difference, but would like to get my hands on some falim gum
>>
>>41211564
Whats the difference between falim gum and mastic gum?
>>
>>41211480
I mean I just constantly try to remind myself to have proper form. It gets easier when you are aspie enough. I've even started sleeping with my lips closed (years of mouth breathing at night). Hasn't been long enough to notice anything yet, and I don't have high hopes but it's at least "proper" so at the very least I don't walk around or sleep with my mouth open.

I just chew on hard shit for masseter gains.
>>
>>41211641
mastic is harder, go for that
>>
>>41211564
>>41211641
this, wwould, also like to know the difference
>>
>>41211532
is this supposed to be an example of results?
>>
>>41212179
same here ive been chewing gum to remind myself to have good oral posture and its been doing wonders
>>
Orthotropics have released a page which has a ton a scientific sources and evidences if you want to check it out.

http://orthotropics.org/Science_and_Research/index.php

My tongue posture has been getting better in the last weeks and it has had a major improvement on my breathing. It might make some improvements on my face shape in the future but I still think that genetics matter waaaay more than this Mewing stuff. If you're a mouth breather and your jaw hangs low, it might make a huge difference, but I have always been breathing through my nose.
>>
>>41213158
pretty sure those are twins, one had extractions and the other didn't
>>
where do i buy mastic gum
>>
>>41213420
Amazon
>>
>>41213472
linkaroo¿? or is whatever that shows up good enough
>>
>>41213507
nvm
>>
>>41209897
Y'all niggas aren't concerned with jaw inflammation? I'm not trying to deal with an arthritic jaw like Kobayashi.
>>
Undeniably yes, look at Dr Mike Mew over the last several years at the very least, his jaw is stronger and his cheeks have hollowed massively.

June 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvoX_wEtwDk

March 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3_b6MU3TuM

Obviously this is a long process, but so is lifting, and in the scheme of things it's nothing.
>>
>hanging jaw no stub vs quenched jaw with stub
Really makes you think.
>>
>>41209897
>>41210016
It's called aging dumbass go look at an 18 year olds jaw and then look the same person 5 years later. Huge difference.
>>
>>41213726
jaw looks better, but desu beards do that for anyone.
>>
>>41211639
>>41211641
>>41212220
As another anon said, mastic is harder. In my experience though, Falim stays hard longer, and tastes better. Two pieces of falim for 2 hours is a killer workout.
They both come from similar trees from similar regions, so ultimately the distinction between the two is going to be minor, at best.
I prefer falim, but either will do. Falim can also be purchased in 100 count boxes for 7 dollars on amazon.
>>
You faggots are going to give yourselves TMJ with all that mastic gum bullshit
Unless you're really young and okay with taking small doses of HGH OR have enough money for surgery NOTHING will get you visible results as far as jaw aesthetics are concerned.
Chewing mastic will maybe grow your masseter a bit,but most of all,it will make it striated which is fucking ugly.

Orthotropics is a quack subject promoted entirely by the Mew family- three generations of Mews in fact. They even run their own non-accredited university, the true hallmark of any pseudo-scientific group. Needless to say beyond certain basic claims agreed upon by orthodontists, their claims are essentially bunk

Jaw is entirely genetics and how you were fed during your early years/puberty ( breathing patterns also but to a lesser extent )
>>
>>41214686
>What he's saying is true but only in your early years / puberty
>their claims are bunk
>>
>>41214686
TMJD is easy as fuck to deal with and prevent. You are a mouth breathing retard
>>
>>41211346
>>41211463
>>41211480
we're all gunna make it brahs
>>
>>41214998
How?
>>
>>41214686
t. coper
>>
>>41213354

It's from the mewing documentary
>>
So I've been mewing since about 4-5 months and trying to improve my forward head posture as well. My teeth were always fucked up and spaced out making me insecure. I think I've seen great improvement with my teeth but who knows. I started chewing falim about a month ago and my mastic just came in yesterday I'm actually chewing a piece right now. I have kinda of a jaw with my forward head but when I fix my posture I have weak jaw genetics. Hope I make this part of the battle! The lifting for your body and shit is easier and eating properly (about 8 months now. We're all gonna make it brahs
>>
>>41213726
>Undeniably yes, look at Dr Mike Mew over the last several years at the very least, his jaw is stronger and his cheeks have hollowed massively.
Then show a comparison because in those videos he looks exactly the same but with a beard
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
ITT: People sell mastic gum to susceptible people based on a known quack operation

This principles are part of the mainstream orthodontics. However, they mainly apply only to children during the period of jaw growth. That is to say up to 8-9 years old for upper jaw and up to the pubertal growth spurt for the lower jaw. That is the time that this methods are most effective.
Orthodontists can use functional appliances during this time to facilitate bone growth in the preferable directions. It is the background reasoning for Frankel orthodontic appliance, bionators and such.
Most of the time these appliances help the child lose an acquired “bad posture” (habitual mouth breathers belong here) that is most often the result of upper respiratory problems (asthma, deviated nasal septums, sickly children with runny noses,..) or bad habits (open mouth, sucking thumbs, drinking from baby bottles past a certain age, nail baiting,...) And treatment in such cases usually includes anything from coaching for muscular exercises, taping the lips during rest, motivation for giving up habits and otorhinolaryngology consultations.
The effect of such measures are very, very limited past the natural growth period if at all effective. They may have some small effect on the position of teeth and the alveolar ridge, but research shows there's practically no noticeable change in the bodies of the upper and lower jay. A new position of the lower jaw could be forced this way, but I wouldn't recommend it since it would most likely lead to severe jaw joint problems (tmd).
EDIT: Tl;DR Works for prepubescent children, doesn't do much for adults.
>>
He seems to be right about it being important in children
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWds-tGnHlI

He has sources in the description
>>
>>41215488
I think what you're describing there is orthotropics, they're entirely focussed on posture while orthodontics are more focussed on surgery and artificial manipulation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_drvDEbF-Hk

But yeah, most of the effects are in younger children but the face does still change in older people. The masseter is just a muscle, and as I bloody hope we all know here, they grow. He's also done a video on the development of celebrities throughout their adulthood and shown that their faces do still develop (I'm afraid I can't find it atm), and if they develop why wouldn't we be able to influence them in the same way as a child, albeit at a slower pace?
>>
>>41214998
Not with my current jaw i'm not,facelet
>>
Tom Cruise had NCR done
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.