[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My gym has just hired a boxing trainer to give free classes l,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: pro-style-training-gloves_5.jpg (8KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
pro-style-training-gloves_5.jpg
8KB, 280x280px
My gym has just hired a boxing trainer to give free classes l, but the requirement is having your own gloves and wraps. Any recommendations on good yet cheap(ish) gloves? I don't really want the MAMA style ones if I can avoid them since they don't protect all the way down the fingers. Plus they all seem to come apart too easily from what I've seen.
>>
>>41205448
>MMA style gloves

Fuck you auto correct
>>
>>41205448

if it's boxing class, you won't be allowed to use mma gloves you dummy.

adidas, everlast and pretorian are good choices. get a wrist bandage too. helps with wrist stability and not drenching the fuck out of your gloves with sweat.
>>
>>41205596
>if it's boxing class, you won't be allowed to use mma gloves you dummy.
That was a bit unnecessary, but tha is for the input at least.
>>
>>41205448
Everlast
>>
File: 1487144798413.png (301KB, 339x479px) Image search: [Google]
1487144798413.png
301KB, 339x479px
>>41205448
Long term-younger boxer here.

Dont bother buying MMA gloves, even MMA guys dont train in MMA gloves, exept for sparring.
DO NOT buy Everlast, they dont fucking last at all and prepare for your hands to feel like shit if you're a remotely hard hitter. Hayabusa worked fine with me before I moved on to Cleto Reyes. Buy velcro strap gloves for training so you can put them on yourself. Just dont cheap out on gloves otherwise its a poor investment, but dont go buying 100+ dollar gloves.
>>
>>41205448
Btw mate you'll be sparring so don't buy competition gloves. You're looking for the big soft round ones, not the dense, smaller ones
>>
>>41205845
Important note that I totally forgot, make sure you buy the right Oz for your size. I assume you're just hitting the bag, so just buy bag hitting gloves.
>>
>>41205448
The ones in your pic are perfect for what you're doing
>>
>>41205596
>>41205841
>neverlast
It's unfortunate they leave off the first letter, but no typically not a good choice. It's like they sell all the good stuff direct to gyms and the reject equipment is reserved for the public.
>>
Everlast is the worst. That shit will tear and the gloves are stiff. Title has great beginner gloves for around $40.

https://www.titleboxing.com/gloves/title-classic-leather-training-gloves-hook-loop-9
>>
>>41205448
quality comes with a price, mate.

The best gloves from my experience are from "Twins", but they are very pricey.

but if you want something cheap you could buy the "Domyos" Boxing gloves.

I don't know if your trainer gives much attention to the gloves, but you should buy 14 or 16 oz gloves.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.