[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Besides lifting and dieting, what is some other great ways

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: vnGVecu.jpg.png (199KB, 1200x1332px) Image search: [Google]
vnGVecu.jpg.png
199KB, 1200x1332px
Besides lifting and dieting, what is some other great ways to improve yourself?
>>
>>41180022
Reading
>>
>>41180022
play instrument. learn to cook. take entheogenic substances. cultivating a fashion sense that's unique and minimal. at-home intro to cinema (watch a film from before the year 1995 every night like casablanca or thin blue line [i took intro to cinema]). clean your home and declutter it of every semi useless item you've been hoarding. also, actively try to empathize, listen closely, and be critical of your ownself when you get into arguments so that, not only are you composed of a series of superficially appealing characteristics, but your soul grows.
>>
>>41180022
Cybernetic implants
>>
>>41180030
>le reading meme
When will this meme die? Why does everyone think reading is the ultimate source of personal enrichment? Why is it that reading what someone else wrote is any different from watching a movie, and are movies supposed to make you so euphoric and brilliant like books?

Fuck reading, reading is for fags
>>
>>41182516

t.brainlet
>>
>>41182516

Did you get bullied as a kid for not reading or something?
>>
>>41182529
I think it's the other way around faggot nerd
>>
>>41180022
Figure out the defects in your personality and work on those. Most are learned patterns of behaviour so can be fixed.
>>
Learning useful skills, depending on what your current job/life situation is. I'm learning how to use a software to improve my hire-ability in the future. Also I've taken a huge hobby in doing a shit ton of yard work around my house. Things that will make me or the things I own more appealing to investors in my future are what interest me
>>
>>41182516
The only thing worth reading is nonfiction and how too books.
No theoretical bullshit and 99% of history books are mostly trash. Just National Geographic tier reporting on what is and the ideas and trends of societies across the country. No bullshit narratives.
>>
>>41182529
Not at all but it isn't like reading automatically makes you some kind of genius. Just because you can quote a Hemingway book doesn't make you brilliant or something. It isn't even like it makes you better at anything practical, maybe you learn a new word or something.
>>
>>41182567
This I can support. Nonfiction (primarily history) and learning how to improve yourself (DIY, even self help) are the best forms of reading because you're actually taking an interest in self improvement, AKA what OP fucking asked in the first place. Reading Shakespeare or something gay like that is a perfectly fine way to spend leisure time but it isn't like leisure reading makes you some kind of fucking genius
>>
self help books are a fucking meme. Name one self help book that has actual content rather than just empty words. Of course reading is not a bad thing and can be beneficial but blatant "HOW TO BE SUCCESFUL :^)" books belong in the garbage.

Also with so many resources on the internet you can pretty much view all of the useful content a book has, without reading it. Example: the sticky on this board
>>
>>41180022
>Hygiene
>Clothes that fit/look good
>Aeasthetic beard/facial hair
But aside from these
>Move out
>find good job
>Friends
>Hobbies
>>
>>41182516
DYER?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.