[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi /fit/ when doing deathlifts is it okay not round my back the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (37KB, 619x482px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
37KB, 619x482px
hi /fit/
when doing deathlifts is it okay not round my back the OTHER way as in pic related?
i accidentally muscle memory-ed it for months this way and i was told its fine and i dont need to deload/relearn
>>
also sorry i realise i didnt draw the barbell directly over the feet, but you get the point. im talking about the curve of the back on the left man
>>
>>41171641
>>41171632
If your legs are positioned properly you can't do that.
>>
>>41171660
yes i can. its like how people have their form on point, with the exception of their catback. mine is exactly the same issue, except my catback goes the other way. every other limb is in the same position
>>
>>41171632
As long as your spine is "neutral" it is fine.

You can have a slight curve and still be in neutral.

If you start experiencing discomfort or pain in your lumbar spine, then change your pelvic tilt to ensure spinal neitrality.

Form isn't magic and unchanging. Lifting 1.5 years and my deadlift changes still changes/improves pretty regularly. At the same time, if it ain't broke don't fix it
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (35KB, 619x482px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
35KB, 619x482px
>>41171660
redrawn for accuracy
>>
>>41171735
thank you anon. i will google neutral spine
>>
>>41171738
If that is truly accurate you need to "sit back" into your deadlift more. Almost like you would fall back except for the bar you are holding onto (if you do this with less than bodyweight the bar should literally pop up off the floor and feel completely weightless)
>>
>>41171790
i will try this the next time i am at the gym. thank you
>>
no

hyperextension is just as bad as rounding for the exact same reason that you are squishing your discs
>>
>>41171839
shit. okay. i will deload and work on form then
>>
>>41171632
shoulders should be over the bar more than in pic
>>
arch your back and contract your abs and your back will be in the right position.

if you don't contract your abs you might hyperextend
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.