[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When some faggot says to me "To be fit and sucessful you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: gap.jpg (23KB, 379x395px) Image search: [Google]
gap.jpg
23KB, 379x395px
When some faggot says to me "To be fit and sucessful you need to change up your work outs. You gotta SHOCK the body"

Now, i feel there is some truth to this as per sticky. My question is, should i work in whole new lifts. Or just change the grip on existing lifts?
>>
>>41170438
I do it because I get bored of the shit month after month.
Just switch back squats to front squats and stuff like that
>>
>>41170438
I usually do low volume, high weight lifts. But after a few months the same routine gets boring. So I like to switch it up with running a high volume, low weight routine for a month or so.

I always hit the compound lifts, but swap out the accessories when I get bored, or I think I need to concentrate on a different muscle.

And when I get really bored, since I have a home gym, I reorganize it, changing the direction the squat rack faces, swapping out posters, changing the lighting, etc.

The key to lifting is not so much which routine you do, but being consistent with it. But at the same time, it's important to not become so routine that it no longer is fun.
>>
>>41170528
some studies indicate you don't even have to be consistent, you just have to continue lifting for years.
>>
>>41170577
>you dont have to be consistant
>you just need to do it constantly for years

Did you proof read that before hitting send?
>>
>>41170577
This
When I was in high school I took weight training classes where I didn't improve much at all doing planned weight training routines. After high school I dropped weight lifting as I got a job as a stocker at a store. My job of course involves a lot of consistent lifting and carrying stuff around. I never go to the gym anymore but I've definitely gained muscle mass from my job. I just need to go on a cut with my diet and I'll be shredded without ever going to a gym.
>>
>>41170607
They obviously meant you don't need to workout the same number of times per week to make gain.
>>
>>41170438
there is truth in it, but not in the rich piano "gotta confuse the body, right babe" kind of way

the idea is used in bulgarian and conjugate style training. basically you use many different variations of the main lift and cycle through them as if they were a main lift. this was you can train at/near your max constantly without taxing your body, because your doing something different before it has time to catch up with you. it also means that you never really stall, because you move on to a new exercise that your weak at and can eek out some more progression in

and example would be on squat. your main movements could be SSB, box squat, high bar, band squat and split squat and each weak you switch

this style of training isnt really for beginners tho
>>
File: 1344480228410.jpg (715KB, 1552x2592px)
1344480228410.jpg
715KB, 1552x2592px
you don't change workouts to shock the fucking body, your body contains many stabilizer muscles and literally every since single lift you do works more than 1 muscle, the difference between lifts and the amount they work different muscles, if you are fucking doing bench and your chest and ant delts are diesel but ur tris are babby then you target tries, seems easy right?

well here is a unusual scenario, did you know doing tricept pulldowns uses your lats? if it didn't then when you did pulldowns your shoulders would be forced into the highest position the muscle is able to stretch to, if you do overhead cable tricept extensions you can stop doing work however minimal on your lats and instead target your serratus with the extra load, seems stupid right? well it is for 99% of a people but to a bodybuilder the ratio of serratus to lat is super important, now take this information and apply it to other muscle groups like delts, forarms, traps, chest/back etc and you can see why an experienced aesthetics lifter often switch their routines, if not because they see a possible or occouring deficiency in balance simply to get as much balance as possible... aesthetics is all about minueta
>>
>>41170438
switching up your exercises will prevent overuse injuries and bring up neglected muscles to prevent imbalance
changing grip width would change the exercise, snatch grip DL is very different from conventional, CGBP is different from regular, etc
could also do dumbbells instead to correct imbalances
>>
>>41170438
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.