[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so i made this thread yesterday but the comments left it unclear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

so i made this thread yesterday but the comments left it unclear to me
>>41158648
tl;dr:
> doing romanian deadlifts
> grip not strong enough
> the solution is to use hook grip and avoid the mixed one, yes/no? (i didnt know hook grip was a thing)
>>
File: 29512384970_0e35027941_b.jpg (152KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
29512384970_0e35027941_b.jpg
152KB, 683x1024px
Sauce pls
>>
>>41170163
where's my professional fitness advice b
>>
File: 1491591924689.png (30KB, 274x192px) Image search: [Google]
1491591924689.png
30KB, 274x192px
>>41170030
Hook grip is fine, it's a useful technique to learn.
Mixed grip is fine, any DYEL who says otherwise has a <3pl8 dl.
In my opinion, you should just use straps.
There is no reason to not use straps when doing an exercise, which does not require you to be focusing on grip strength.

Regardless, any of these three is fine.
>>
>>41170030
I'm in love..
>>
File: tumblr_o8ely7VEIF1rqfvm6o1_500.jpg (99KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8ely7VEIF1rqfvm6o1_500.jpg
99KB, 500x750px
>>41170163
fumina suzuki
>>
>>41170030
Fuck OP is that you in the pic? You look amazeballs.
>>
so

>lifting with straps is the easy way out
>mixed grip is ok but may lead to imbalances
>hook grip is the right way to go
>wrist curls are for sissies

did i get it right?
>>
or just fucking use straps you goddamn idiot
>>
>>41170030
Hook grip is good.

But also do some gripwork, do heavy farmers walks, rack pulls, etc.
>>
RDL, do them with light weight and focus on lowering the weight and flexing the hamstrings
>>
>>41170581
God, thank you.
>>
>>41170887
>mixed grip can lead to imbalances

Just switch up which hand is pronated/supinated every set if you're worried. Mixed grip really doesn't lead to imbalances in my experience.
And yes, wrist curls are always done by people with shit forearms [because it's a shit exercise]
>>
How are you doing RDLs heavy enough that grip is even an issue? Unless you're a girl with zero forearms, but in that case you should be so laughably weak at RDLs that grip shouldnt be a problem even then. Regradless if you're doing like 60-100kg and you cant even hold the bar double overhand, you badly need to train your grip. Like, grab a bar out of the rack at waist height with DOH and hold it for time. Male or female if you cant hold 2pl8 without using mixed or straps you're weak and it needs to be fixed.
>>
>>41170030
Just use straps op.

Romanian deads are a God tier posterior chain exercise, but you won't be able to stress the bigger and stronger muscles with enough weight or volume if youre being held back by your grip.

>brb doing romanian deads with 3.5 plates for multiple sets of +6 reps double overhand without straps (yeah right)
>>
>>41172521
just get a stronger grip, add weighted carries to the end of your workout. Grip strength fails because people don't train it, unless you are top tier deadlifting 600+lbs you don't really need straps. Your hands can get stronger.
>>
>>41172558

I do the farmers after I do my Romanians with straps. It's autistic to hinder your gains because muh gripz.
>>
/fit/ what's best, romanian deads or stiff legged deadlift?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.