[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To get this explosive, how much would you need to deadlift/s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: athletics.png (586KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
athletics.png
586KB, 600x600px
To get this explosive, how much would you need to deadlift/squat compared to your BW? its like they are so strong, their body feels like nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SobK3rKFtc
>>
>>41161798
Gymnastics is more about technique than raw strength. I wouldn't necessarily assume he has a 600 pound squat.

And if you want to maximize explosive power, train explosive power. Power cleans, high pulls, power snatches, jerks, thruster, et cetera.
>>
>>41161883
>Gymnastics is more about technique than raw strength.
No amount of technique is going to get you power and moves like that bro.

Gymnasts are always pound for pound obscenely strong. A 600lb squat is out of the question. But a 475lb squat might be well within reach.
>>
>>41161883
hh, if power doesn't matter, why would they bother getting this muscular and 6% bodyfat
>>
>>41161934
IF YOU DONT DO POWER LIFTING THEN YOU ARE NOT TRAINING FOR POWER OR STRENGTH!
NOOB!
>>
that was pretty impressive
>>
>>41161798
That was some pretty cool shit
>>
>>41161910
Gymnasts are very strong compared to the general population. Gymnasts are much weaker compared to Olympic weightlifters or Powerlifters.

>No amount of technique is going to get you power and moves like that bro.
Bullshit. imagine you have two twins, who are physically identical. The first twin is trained in squat, deadlift, bench, et cetera. The second twin is trained in a gymnastics floor routine. Which twin will be able to perform closer the the man OP posted?

Obviously the second twin. In gymnastics, both strength and technique are required, but technique is much more important.

Also obviously, a third twin who trained in BOTH the squat, deadlift, bench, etc. AND gymnastics technique would be better than everyone.
>>
>>41161910
>A 600lb squat is out of the question
http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/championships/records.html

The lightest weight class (59kg) has a squat record of 660 pounds (300kg). And I think the person in OP's video is in a heavier weight category.
>>
>>41162037
Wow, you're absolutely fucking retarded.

The average fucking gymnast is very fucking strong. This is a fact and is known by even actual fucking olympic lifters.

The chinese put their prospective olympic lifters into gymnastics when they are barely out of diapers.

You simply handwaiving their physical strength as a "technique" meaning a simple party trick either shows your prejudice or your absolute ignorance of how the human body works.
>>
>>41162125
You didn't understand either of my posts.

Have fun starting pointless arguments on the internet.
>>
>>41161798
If you want to jump high, practice jumping
Lifting will help, but don't exoect to just squat and clean and get amazing verticals
Also notice that wheb the dude jumps, most of the bounce is coming from the ankles/calves
>>
>>41162159
Your contention was that gymnasts are not strong because technique and the fact that olympic lfters exist..

That's your entire fucking argument. Which is fucking retarded on every level.

If that is not what you are saying then clarify. I'm serious.
>>
If you look at the way he jumps he just barely bends his knees. Thus the power does not come from thighs and glutes, but mostly from calves and upper body swing motions. Therefore I doubt squats would help any considerable amount.

Also I have a acquaintance in the Swedish national gymnastics team. He says they usually don't train powerlifting movements (like one PL-INSPIRED session per week). He benches 130 kg at around 70 kg bw.
>>
>>41162234
>Thus
>Therefore
>acquaintance
you don't sound smart
>>
>>41162249
Not a native speaker, trying to improve my language
Fuck you
>>
>>41162209
>Your contention was that gymnasts are not strong
Liar. I specifically said the opposite.

I have clarified. You didn't understand it.

Gymnastics relies on strength. In fact, gymnastics relies on strength more than most sports. However, gymnastics is very technical, and the ability to perform moves (i.e. a flip) is more dependent on technical training (i.e. practicing a flip) than pure strength.

If you told a group of powerlifters to do a flip, many would fail. If you told a group of gymnasts who have trained to do a flip, but are (somehow) physically weak, almost all of them would be able to do a flip
>>
Alot of it is core strength, gymnastics and people like this have insane core strength.
>>
>>41162125
Look up Clarence. He had to stop tricking to focus on oly. But tricking definitely got him the explosive power needed to start oly lifts.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.