[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the pros and cons of a no-sugar-no-grain diet? I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: body-sushi-184[1].jpg (86KB, 1070x713px) Image search: [Google]
body-sushi-184[1].jpg
86KB, 1070x713px
What are the pros and cons of a no-sugar-no-grain diet?

I want to lose ~30 lbs... I'm about 205 right now. Goal is to lower blood pressure, but maintain and then slowly build muscle once I achieve my blood pressure goals.

What do?
>>
>>41160889
it's all about kcals in vs kcals out, and meeting your macro targets i.e. enough protein, efa, carbs if you need for training or work, etc.
meme diets are memes, they work because they get people to eat fewer kcals, other than that, they're bullshit
fewer than 1% of people tested have sensitivity to gluten that means far less than 1% actually have celiac, most people "avoiding bread" are just swpl signally special snowflakes
that said if a food causes you problems avoid it
if cutting out sugar and grains helps you take in few calories by all means do it
sugar makes a lot of sense to me, grains not so much, you can probably find some empty fat calories to cut like mayo, salad dressing, extra butter on your rolls or potatoes, using less or light sour cream, etc.
shoot for under 2000 kcals/day and look for 1-2lbs a week, go +/-10% on kcals after a week based on whether you're on track
dropping fat will be great for your blood pressure
some easy cardio will be good, too, treadmill incline walking etc
cute chick but sushi is still overpriced bait
also wtf got the seaweed fig leaf but still wearing panties?
>>
>>41160889
>eating sushi off of her vagoo
insert fish joke here
>>
File: Get a load.jpg (18KB, 240x260px) Image search: [Google]
Get a load.jpg
18KB, 240x260px
>>41161270
>he doesn't dip his sushi in vaginal fluid
>>
i wouldn't do no sugar no grains. I would do SOS free. sugar oil and salt free. grains and starches such as oats and potatoes are fine but sugar isn't.
>>
>>41160889
Stop eating salt. Also don't be afraid to take some pills if the lifestyle chance isnt enough.
>>
>>41161231
She's probably on the rag.
>>
File: anime puking.jpg (60KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
anime puking.jpg
60KB, 600x600px
>>41161270
>eating crabs out of her vagoo
>>
>>41161346
I already avoid salt but unless you cook everything from scratch (what I will begin doing) it's extremely difficult to limit salt intake to below 1500 mg per day. I also do take a Rx for the blood pressure...

Truth is I've been listening to some fitness podcasts and it seems to make sense to me.

When I ask my docs they simply say, as does /fit/ 'just eat less and exercise more' they aren't in to the meme diets either. I think one doc recommended Mediterranean diet. Cholesterol is also a concern... so I take fish oil pills.

I'm not some fat fuck, I just need to lose 30lbs. 5'11' and 205 lbs.

Should I avoid eggs?
>>
>>41161387
stop eating oils. stop eating foods with oils. we only need like 10% of our calories from fat. get all your fats from avacados and nuts and then you have the rest of your calories left for chicken breast and potatoes, or rice and vegetables. look up no sos free recipes for shit like waffles or pasta sauce, you don't have to eat vegan to do sos free but i would avoid fatty cuts or meat and stick to seafood and chicken breast. no cheese, if you must limit it to one baby bell a day.
>>
>>41161387
keep eating fruit, it's good for you. if you're worried about sugar content stick to berries and melons.
>>
>>41161387

>5'11' and 205 lbs
>on a blood pressure prescription
>not a fat fuck

Delusion. 205 at 5'11" is incredibly fat with average musculature. I'm 174 at 6'0" with an FFMI in the 19s (above average with novice to intermediate lifts) and I still have a gut. 16-17% BF.

If your cholesterol is high then maybe avoid white and red meat along with eggs. Generally speaking you should limit intake of white and red meat. Eat occasional fish. Drink skim milk for B12.

You have the right idea getting in shape for health. BUT don't delude yourself and pretend that you're not fat. You are. Even a tiny bit of abdominal fat increases your organ cancer risk significantly. Get LEAN to eradicate visceral gut fat and you will live a long, healthy life. Don't make excuses for carry extra fat around your stomach and love handles. It could literally kill you.
>>
File: 2-3[1].jpg (242KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
2-3[1].jpg
242KB, 2000x1333px
>>41161456
>>41161423
>>41161410
>>41161387

Thanks bros for speaking the truth and telling me what I need to hear.

Any other tips?

Are eggs really a no go? And cheese?

For milk, I have heard and read that whole milk,even with it's extra fat/calories, is better than any other kind of milk.

What I was thinking of a routine is...

Light breakfast at home plus a homemade veg/fruit smoothie to take with me to work; healthy hearty lunch with lean meat, and a light but healthy dinner.
>>
>>41161486
i drink cashew/almond milk, i make it myself but store brand is just as good if not better in terms of nutrition. they sell kinda with b12 or u can take a b complex which i reccomend everyone to take
>>
>>41160889
>seaweed
>underwear
reported
>>
For additional clarity, I have some congenital heart defects which is why I'm so savvy on my BP in the first place. But I really need to quit fucking around and drop the weight.

A friend is suggesting I do a juice cleanse to kick things off... is that a meme too?
>>
>>41161486
since you're transitioning into a diet with restrictions i would eat one serving of cheese a day, preferable a string cheese or baby bell, something pre portioned. instead of eggs i'd use egg whites. no pork or beef, chicken and shrimp if you can afford it. for breakfast i'd eat ezekiel bread and some homemade sugar free chia jam and your smoothie with fruit and vegetables. then for lunch rice and vegetables, or pasta, no refined carbs though get whole wheat or quinioa with a sauce, i reccomend trying a white bean alfredo sauce for extra protein without the fat.
>>
>>41161509
meme
>>
File: food-sushi_1734150i[1].jpg (58KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
food-sushi_1734150i[1].jpg
58KB, 620x400px
Final question....

I have really good insurance, would it behoove me to speak with a nutritionist, or somehow get insurance to pay for a trainer or something?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.