[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I breaking the laws of thermodynamics? I have been on a diet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Am I breaking the laws of thermodynamics?

I have been on a diet for about a month now. Lost around 15 lbs so far but this past week I've eaten below my TDEE by quite a few hundred calories (I'm a 6'1 210 lbs guy. Most calculators put me at about 2,087 cals/day in order to lose 2 lbs per week but I am hitting only like 1400) but I have not lost a single .2 of a pound. The only way I am losing is if I eat around 600cals/day but that doesn't feel very healthy but it's the only way weight is coming off

How is it that I could have a TDEE of 1000 cals?
>>
You're messing something up. And try lifting if you want to lose more. 2k cals at 6'1'' seems like it's for a sedentary lifestyle
>>
>>41156521
if you can't even do the initial math right I highly doubt you are calculating your caloric intake correctly
>>
>>41156521
eat less and move more
>>
>>41156521
It could be water weight. You kno depleted fat cells get filled with water, right?
>>
>>41156521

One your body burns fat it, the cells replace it with water, takes a while for it to actually look like you lost fat esp around stubborn areas.

Other than that dont reduce your calories too much the best way to lose fat is to do it with most amount of food possible
>>
>>41157510
Bro-science?

>>41156521
Anyways, OP, you're either not counting your calories correctly, or you're retaining weight. Measure your weight in the morning, make sure to drink water, make sure you have your bowel movements, and try not to eat too much carbs and salt.
>>
>>41156521
are you bedridden?
manlet?

You probabbly fucked up counting calories
>>
>>41157557

What you think fat tissues just cleave off from your body in chunks? Think of it as taking a loan from a bank you take the money but you still owe their ass
>>
File: 1492045868492.jpg (11KB, 236x226px) Image search: [Google]
1492045868492.jpg
11KB, 236x226px
>>41156521
>am i breaking laws of thermodynamics
>>
You need to fast to lose weight. Eating less just means your insulin is still high so you can't get into fat burning mode.
>>
Yeah the recommended calories on those calculators are always wrong. I think the food industry just set the number really high to maintain their profits.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.