[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here ever had a SLAP tear? Did y'all go through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1506.jpg (23KB, 280x177px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1506.jpg
23KB, 280x177px
Has anyone here ever had a SLAP tear?
Did y'all go through the surgery or just avoid it entirely? I have a minor one currently.
Currently cannot bench due to it and I probably should avoid OHP but t doesn't always tweak my tear so I do that along with DL, Squats, Pendlay rows which don't bother me. Sorry about /not your personal/ blog shit, but I only ever see RC injuries talked about when it comes to bench related things.
>>
Have you seen an orthopedic surgeon/sports med doc about it?

>Surgical consultant for an ortho company here, not a doctor but know a thing or two and sit in on these surgeries every week or so
>>
>>41153263
Aye. Got an MRI to confirm. No RC or AC issues, just this slap bullshit. Dr wasn't too helpful said I could do PT or Surgery but even with PT these things never heal on their own...then he recommended me a surgeon. Asked him if people my age get this and he said I'm an outlier and didn't push me either way on what to do. Said he's had his knee worked on three times and you kind of deal with it.
>>
I didn't get the surgery, after some time the pain went away even though the doc said it wouldn't
>>
>>41153446
Btw taking time off lifting actually didn't help with the pain at all. What did help is lowering my working weights by a lot and working slowly with good ROM. I guess it was kind of PT for me.
>>
>>41153471
No shit? Did you do very light bench or something ?
>>
>>41153526
I replaced bench with DB's, same with OHP. Dropped dips altogether. Added light front delt isolation (was very hard at first, had to use babby weights to avoid pain). I slowly got better until I was back to where I was before the pain started. I no longer have that pain when sleeping on my arm or putting on a shirt. Also I recently got back to BB bench and it's completely painless. Same weight as before. I still avoid BB OHP and dips, though. I think those were what fucked me.
I should mention that the doc diagnosed a SLAP but I never had MRI done, so that there is a chance that he was wrong (although the pain did last for months before I decided to see a doc).
>>
>>41153597
Also worth mentioning that it's a sports doc who specializes in shoulder injuries, so...
>>
Had a slap a few years ago.

Surgery. Pain kept getting worse and worse, eventually could not really use my arm.

I would avoid rows and only deadlift with that arm overhand . A SLAP is the tendon that connects your bicep to your shoulder. May not be hurting it, but you are certainly putting stress on the tear with any type of bicep work.
>>
>>41153637
Fuck that sounds serious. I don't have constant pain at least since mine is minor but maybe I should drop OHP completely.

>>41153597
I'll try some of the DB's again. I remember doing that and it was worse than barbell, but it was heavy. I'll try very light DB bench and see what happens...and some front delt work. Still on the fence about surgery. Fucking recovery time and muh gains
>>
How did you hurt yourself to get it? Does it make a popping or cracking sound from time to time?
>>
>>41153997
Bench, cable cross or weighted chin-ups I would imagine. I'd say bench. It doesn't usually pop unless i move in a certain way (bring elbows close to body and shrug up).
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.