[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel that movies and tv shows should portray lifting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1487519431487.png (457KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1487519431487.png
457KB, 480x640px
How do you feel that movies and tv shows should portray lifting to be more accurate without being autistic?
>>
they need to film or pace it in a way that shows how routine and boring it can be and how real big guys™ need to self motivate and go lift hard when they dont feel like it.

basically stop glamorizing big muscles and show the real grit and dedication people who lift have
>>
File: fuckingfaggot.jpg (66KB, 672x712px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingfaggot.jpg
66KB, 672x712px
this is now a dubs thread
>>
File: IMG_9579.jpg (568KB, 2592x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9579.jpg
568KB, 2592x2592px
I wish they'd stop showing whatever fad is in at the time, like that lends it some legitimacy. All it does is show how little research they put into how a person should actually train for their given sport/profession.
>>
>>41149242
>Make movies for normies
>Normies follow fit fads
>>
I'd just be glad if it wasn't always the fucking curls that they show.
>>
What movies/shows are you guys talking about specifically? I can't really think of any scenes that really bothered me
>>
>>41149242
while i agree, bats is actually squatting in the same montage that printscreen is from. i thought that was cool.
>>
>>41149242
How the fuck do you train to be batman
>>
>>41149242
Batman was actually doing a good workout, though.
>>
>>41153053
SS + GOMAD
>>
>>41149242
I liked that montage, you could really see he was training to beat Superman.
>>
>>41153209
>training to peacefully bomb boston and just eat sandwiches
>>
It really grinds my gears in anime when the beta mc starts training and all they show him doing is pushups and sit ups, and then after that he is in peak fighting condition
>>
Have an actual strength coach there to give them a legitimate routine to do for the montages. They also need at least one person there to make sure the lifting actually looks realistic, like in daredevil when we see kingpin benching that shit looks awful.
>>
>>41149242
Movies are made to make money. They make money by advertising for shitty fads/products.
>>
>>41149155
since lifting is never the main point of the story and only used to further a characters plot it is irrelevant whether it is realistic or not.
But it is better if the do some research beforehand.
>>
best training in any movie is American Beauty where he just benches alone in the garage and mires his Dyel pump.

very realistic
>>
File: lift - how do i rows.gif (2MB, 372x278px) Image search: [Google]
lift - how do i rows.gif
2MB, 372x278px
Fucking Bruce DYELee and his behind the neck lat pulldowns.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.