[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/ I'm going to the gym for the first time, I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

File: 1488775190759.jpg (47KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1488775190759.jpg
47KB, 512x512px
Hey /fit/ I'm going to the gym for the first time, I'm a bit nervous, and while all the termonology and exercises seem a bit daunting, but I found an exercise plan, and from lurking on /fit/ it seems like you learn and assimilate pretty easily.

Can I get assured that it's going to be fine?
>>
File: b62.gif (405KB, 359x371px) Image search: [Google]
b62.gif
405KB, 359x371px
>you have to be 18 to post here
>>
File: 1489786736778.jpg (22KB, 720x541px) Image search: [Google]
1489786736778.jpg
22KB, 720x541px
>and assimilate pretty easily
oh, you're in for a surprise desu
>>
>>41144928
lift well padawan.
>respect the form
5x5
>>
just remember how good you feel after you've done everything you wanted to do at the gym.

hold onto that feeling and remember it tomorrow when you go again.
>>
>>41144928
First few days will be like school, you think you need to make a good first impression. In reality no one is looking at you.
>>
You wont find the thing youre looking for and you'll spill your sphagetties and the whole gym will laugh at you as Chad throws you out and beats you up in the parking lot telling you to never show your face there again.
>>
File: ahhhh.jpg (81KB, 766x320px) Image search: [Google]
ahhhh.jpg
81KB, 766x320px
>>41144928
unless you make a scene or go to a college gym nobody will care

people at the gym generally are only concerned with themselves, and aren't going to make fun of you or even really care at all unless you do something wildly stupid. and by that i mean screeching at the top of your lungs and throwing dumbbells at people or something like that

it might be a little obvious that youre new if you do a workout the wrong way, but if you ask somebody theyll typically help you

>finally became a regular at the gym
>some girl who was benching removed the bar to use another one that was only about 30lb
>bar she put on has weights fixed/welded on to it, and is meant to be used for curls
>some dude who is obviously new walks up to the bench, spends a solid 5 minutes wondering how to take the weights off
>doesnt know that thats not the right bar to use for bench, getting visibly concerned that people might be watching
>grab the right barbell and bring it over to him
>tell him to use this one, take the curl bar away
>he sheepishly takes the barbell and says thanks and then proceeds with his workout

and that was that. nothing to worry about OP
>>
File: 1492208241089.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1492208241089.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>41145040
you a good dude.
>>
>>41144964
i mean, assimilate with /fit/
>>41144994
>>41145014
>>41145040
i'll remember
>>
>>41144928

I worried a lot my first time too, but once I was there I realized people are either chill or just mind their own business. it helps that my mind was mostly preoccupied with whatever exercise I was doing.

Trust me dude ull be fine. at worst you'll get someone asking you if your using something or wants to help you with your form
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.