[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/, Started a new job in IT recently and i'm split

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1348340246972.jpg (53KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
1348340246972.jpg
53KB, 500x381px
Hey /fit/,

Started a new job in IT recently and i'm split between sticking to my cutting diet or socializing with new co-worker over food (which is a deal almost as big as the waist of said co-workers)...

What to do ?
I don't want to mess up my cutting, but i don't want to be an autistic "I eat boiled chicken and oats from my Tupperware, leave me the fuck alone" guy either....

WHAT DO ?
>>
>>41141240
Just go out and choose meals that fit your cut, or bring your own shit with you. Tell them you're a fitness enthusiast or whatever
>>
>>41141264
>tfw looking good but no friends.
>>
>>41141240
>I don't want to mess up my cutting, but i don't want to be an autistic "I eat boiled chicken and oats from my Tupperware, leave me the fuck alone" guy either....
Man up and don't give a fuck about what your coworkers think about your meals.
Do what >>41141264 said
>>
How did you get your job in IT? What type of stuff do you do? I'm trying to get an entry level job in the digital field.
>>
>>41141445
>he eats out of tupperware
>he boils chicken
>he's anxious about his food choices being noticed by others
kys dude, there's no hope left
>>
>>41141240
Go out and have a drink or two but don't pick up the eating habits of your coworkers. I work at an IT company, people either start fat and get fatter or go from thin to fat. Watch your snacks and take regular breaks to walk around or you will become a fat fuck
>>
>>41141240
do you want to make some social gains?
either way, you should blend in just enough to not be ostracized
too bad, you'll have to cut longer but worth it
>>
Moderation. You don't have to socialize and chew the fat every day.
>>
>>41141240
Coworkers are temporary. Gainz are forever. Unless you decide that youd rather be a fit piece of shit.
>>
>>41141240

There are always options at restaurants, you can talk to the servers and have them prepare meats a certain way, have salad instead of fries, have a vodka and club soda instead of beer etc... There are ways to do and still maintain your deficit. Ofc you could always try to plan ahead for when you go out with your coworkers and eat sparingly throughout the day so you can pig out in front of them and just blame it on your genetics.

Or you simply explain that you're careful about what you eat because of medical reasons and that you're uncomfortable talking about them, but you're still happy to go out and socialize over a meal.

Your call, lie and cheat, or be straight up and see just how fat they are.
>>
>>41141533

Not OP, but just live in the right area and know the difference between DNS and VPN. Certs can help, but getting into IT in general is pretty easy since most people don't know dick about computers.
>>
>>41142221
Sweet thanks man. Yeah I live in Chicago and know the difference between DNS and VPN. I guess that's a start. Any other technologies you may not know I guess you just learn on the job?

Is IT basically just doing back-ups all day?
>>
>>41142459

What you'll be required to do will vary widely based on the company you work for, but most generally you'll be installing software on end-users' machines, probably building/imaging PCs, and fixing software/hardware when it breaks. And yeah, most things you'll just learn as you go.
>>
>>41142806
I love how IT is just glorified googling/trying stuff. Yet it pays incredibly well.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.