[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey fellow fitbros, I fit a lot of the symptoms for someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Hey fellow fitbros,

I fit a lot of the symptoms for someone with high cortisol. Red, slightly swollen face, low libido, trouble sleeping, cravings, etc.

What do you guys recommend I do? I take Zinc and Magnesium, workout 4 times a week at least, eat pretty healthy... But I want to have normal cortisol. Anyone have any advice or is dealing with a similar situation?
>>
>>41130337
as a medfag, I think it's more likely you have a sleep disturbance, go get a sleep study done and take it from there, have your doc set it up.
>>
>>41130350
I also have to pee more often than most. Would that also fit that profile?
>>
>>41130337
Leave the environment that is causing you stress
>>
>>41130364
Not that anon. Yes and no. Peeing often can be related to many things, which may or may not be related to your sleeping schedule. E.g. because of shitty sleeping habits you may feel tired and as a result feel the need to drink more water than usual. Then your problem with pee would be solved if you solve your sleeping habits and by extension your hydration habits.
>>
File: 1444789946101.gif (1MB, 2052x2321px) Image search: [Google]
1444789946101.gif
1MB, 2052x2321px
>>41130337
>>41132752

I'd also recommend doing cardio 5 days a week as soon as you wake up. "But anon, fasted cardio is a meme", so? Morning cardio is not, and it's x10 times better to do fasted cardio than to bail on it because you're too full from breakfast, or because you don't have the time. Besides, the fact that doing fasted cardio doesn't provide additional benefits doesn't mean it provides additional downsides. You're not supposed to run for more than 30 mins and you should be aiming for 20 either way, you're doing cardio for your mental health, not for sport-specific events.
"What about HIIT?" Yeah, you should do it too. If you can manage to do fasted HIIT as morning cardio every day, you'll be a fucking spartan. Also you may end up hurting yourself the first month, so maybe get used to fasted steady state cardio and then you can try to move towards fasted HIIT.
Pic and video related.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsVzKCk066g

"Anon, that video talks about excercise in general, I already go to the gym", yes and no, the umbrella term 'excercise' is used in these studies by psychiatrists, neurologists, psychologists, and similar scientists, not by physical therapists per sé, so they don't know much about excercise. However, I know that that video is a *bit* outdated: other scientists that specialize on excercise science (not solely mental health) noticed the findings of those studies and decided to expand the question: "excercise is good for you, but what kind of excercise is good for you for what kind of situation?", turns out, cardio is THE excercise for mental health. Lifting weights is good for libido and self-esteem, yes, but if you have high cortisol, all the lifting in the world won't help you.

Take a single week off, too.
>>
Ditch the caffeine. Your skin will clear up too. I love being off the caffeine. I just feel so much more relaxed and easy going.
>>
Fasting is great, everyone should do it. Failing that, just have a single meal a day.

Also, HIIT is good at improving your VO2max. I don't know why but it makes me calm.
>>
>>41134609
I've been eating one meal a day for two months, and I think it improved my life, but I'm disappointed that it doesn't seem to have done anything to my bodyfat level.
>>
>>41134770

Alright, try a longer fast? 48 hours possible?

There are doctors that think a 2 week fast reduces cancer risk (autophagy).
>>
>>41130337
Take a dexamethosone suppression test. If that ends up being bad then consult an endocrinologist IMMEDIATELY.

t. guy who got fucked over by Cushing's
>>
File: cortisol.png (15KB, 708x111px) Image search: [Google]
cortisol.png
15KB, 708x111px
Smoke weed to help you sleep. That's what I did.
>>
>>41135484
>every day
>Source: PubMed
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.