[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>get into car accident 5 days ago >grade 3 concussion,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1457762518586.jpg (34KB, 350x420px) Image search: [Google]
1457762518586.jpg
34KB, 350x420px
>get into car accident 5 days ago
>grade 3 concussion, don't remember the accident at all and lost consciousness
>got 3 lacerations on my head, only one required staples
>skull is fine, brain seems fine
>neck hurt a lot for 3 days but feels fine now
>can't lift or exercise because never know what could be up with my brain
>gotta wait till friday to visit hospital again to get checked on
>sitting here wasting money (can't make money since can't work right now) and not working out
What the fuck do I do guys? I was a month in and I was feeling so good about myself. Now I'm scared to even stand up too fast but every god damn day all I think about is wanting to go back to the gym and lift.

Am I gonna lose gains? What do I do until a doc says I can workout again? Anyone else had a similar experience? How long should I wait to lift again?

I am so sad.
>>
>>41129550
do something light i guess. stationary bike and rowing machine+maybe lifting on machines should be safe, and if you can take a high intensity there you can start lifting. what is your fear tho? are you scared of neck damage, losing conciousness, or something else?
>>
That's awful man. All you can do is wait for doc to give you the all clear. Maybe you could do some walking in the meantime? Or have you been told to just rest? Anyway man i hope recovery goes well.
>>
>>41129575
>what is your fear tho? are you scared of neck damage, losing consciousness, or something else?
It's a grade 3 concussion m8. Brain smacked against my skull hard enough to make me lose consciousness AND memory. It's not a good idea to lift and get blood RUSHING to my brain if there's something lose or broken in there that simply wasn't detected.
I did all the research I could and it's the same for the most part. I'm supposed to just rest but for how long? Depending on the injury it could be from a week to a month. That is fucking killing me, I can't imagine sitting here and gaining back fat and potentially losing muscle.

I know ultimately I just have to follow the doctors advice but If anyone else has had a similar or worse experience I want to know how long they waited until they started lifting again, how they felt when they did. And what they did while resting to maintain their shape (if they could even do that).
>>
Just stay home and take it easy op. Shit happens and it sucks that you got all fucked up like that.

Remeber that when you get cleared by your doc, you'll have the rest of your life to make money and chase gains. Don't risk shortening that timeframe by jumping the gun and lifting with a concussion.

If you must do something to keep your sanity, read a book - Arnolds encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding so you can plan put what you'll do when you get well. Maybe work on your resume so you can get a job after you're back on your feet.
>>
>>41129695
>Maybe work on your resume so you can get a job after you're back on your feet.
Well my job is expecting me to go back in tomorrow lol. But I'm not sure what they expect, my bike is fucked.
I'm a delivery boy, was making roughly $530 bucks a week after taxes. Pretty good income for a regular throwaway job. I got T-boned by an SUV while on a delivery.
It was a hit and run, so i might be into some money if things go right.

I'm not worried about getting a job. But working and going to the gym was a huge way to stop me from spending money, over eating and of course doing nothing physically which would cause me to get fat.

I feel fine which is the part that bothers me. My body is screaming that it's fine to run and lift heavy things but I know that is a very stupid and reckless mentality. You're right, I'm only 22 and I shouldn't be rushing things. But this drive to get /fit/ Is something I refuse to lose and If I have to stay put for more than a week I'm gonna get seriously depressed.
>>
>>41129757
Shit man, glad that you're not more injured than the concussion. Just lay low for a while.
>>
>>41129757
well if you are fat then muscle mass isnt your main concern, and your strength will catch up fast anyway. the thing that is most important to you is cutting, and theres nothing stopping you from cutting. and as i said, bike and rowing machine, you dont get hits, you can keep your heartrate low and if you actually go knockout you wont injure yourself. wait for your first clearance of course, but the danger is stress on your blood pressure and "hits" to the head, so id recommend light machine work/cardio toher than running. wait what your doc says tho, but these are the ways i used when i had to lift while sick, just keep your heartrate low and go light, especially high rep.
but most importantly, the gains-wise best option without risking a workout is just to keep on cutting, in your state its should be your main goal anyway, i made the best aestethic gains when sick because i just lost my appetite and cutted hard
>>
>>41129924
Best way for me to not eat was work and gym.
>>
Just beet yourself
>>
That sucks OP.

Take it easy and let your body recover.
My advice is to take up meditation if you've never tried that. It's a good way to calm your mind when everything feels like shit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.