[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to do squats, OHP and bench press at home. What's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1486942468758.jpg (285KB, 728x907px) Image search: [Google]
1486942468758.jpg
285KB, 728x907px
I want to do squats, OHP and bench press at home.
What's the cheapest rack (power rack?) I can get? Any particular one you'd recommend?
Dad is an skilled engineer/handyman and he'd probably volunteer to make me one, but I'd rather not risk beheading myself
>>
please respond
>>
>>41127528
I'd like to hear some opinions on this too.
>>
File: squatstands.jpg (32KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
squatstands.jpg
32KB, 500x389px
You can make a squat/bench rack that has high position for squating or benching, just need a bench to move under and ouy from under the rack
>>
>>41127720
lel is that a bucket of concrete?
>>
>>41127726
yes. look into homemade squat racks, there are guys that claims to be using one of these for years with 300+lbs and are fine. I would never do this because space and because I'd rather pay a bit for convenience and safety
>>
>>41127528
Titan T3 isn't the cheapest, but plenty good enough. Don't just get anything. A lot have downsides that are worth paying more for. I'd love to have the footprint and safety spacing of a T3 or R3. That said, you're also probably okay finding something used to work with until you find what you want. Avoid anything with under maybe 600-750 lb capacity. Don't want to chance it if you drop a bar.
>>
>>41127528
How handy is your dad? can he weld?
Welding is the best option IMO, but you will need lots to plan it real good and it will take time.

You could also build a squat rack out of wood.
Don't ask about the structural integrity tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dy5eyMDt3c
>>
File: rack.jpg (43KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
rack.jpg
43KB, 650x650px
I have a half rack, like pic. it was only £70

a power rack is better, but this is cheap and gets the job done
>>
>>41127720
I used one like this for a while. Not the best looking thing out there, but it absolutely gets the job done.
>>
>>41127720
Pic sauce:
http://homemadestrength.blogspot.bg/2011/04/more-than-just-squat-stands.html
>>
>>41127528
i got a power cage, squat bar (supposedly made so it wont bend with under 1200lbs, and i ran out of room on the bar before it bent when i tested it), and 6 45's, 4 35's, 4 25's, 4 10's, 8 5's and 4 2.5 pound plates all for about $600 online
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.