[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going in to a career in law enforcement, I'm in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1421.jpg (26KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1421.jpg
26KB, 320x320px
I'm going in to a career in law enforcement, I'm in my 20s

The problem is that, in Scotland, there are no guns. More people die in fist fights in pubs than gun violence. Obviously cops can't just punch people, so their "combat" mostly consists of tackling and wrestling people.

I'm 6'0, wide shouldered (used to play rugby), but relatively useless off the pitch.

How can I train to tackle people or fight them without punching them? And no, I can't pull out my telescopic baton unless they try to put their fingers in our eyes, bite, spit or are holding a glass or something. Judo?
>>
Bulk up and learn Sumo
>>
Take a BJJ class
>>
>>41126351
Is this realistic or just a meme?>>41126355
What's BJJ? Spoon feed please
>>
>>41126310
Learn to wrestle, by wrestling. Supplement this with bjj.
>>
>>41126310
Judo. Jiu jitsu would just teach you to drag your opponent down to the ground, which is all wrong in a pub brawl. CSW also has a school in Scotland, they'd teach you a very formidable style of catch wrestling, but I can't remember if the school is in Edinburgh or Glasgow.
>>
>>41126310
Learn how to swing a baton and always go for the knee caps
>>
>>41126362

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu it's becoming really popular, very big in MMA fighitng

it's basically all focused on close combat/grappling/ground fights and its also focused on using leverage and shit so you can fight opponents larger than yourself
>>
>>41126976
which is fine for 1v1 but pretty stupid if you are a policeman in a crowd with multiple hostiles

>take troublemaker to ground using awesome BJJ and grapple him with your legs
>his hoodlum buddies start kicking your face and head and proceed to stomp you to death
>>
What kind of escalation of force regulations do you have that you can´t just punch a guy when he´s getting physically belligerent with you? kek
>>
I work in law enforcement in Denmark.

You'll learn a standard at the school you use for fighting.

I would not recommend using bjj in a club. With alot of people it is not advised to take the fight to the ground. Your partner won't be able to see you and you would be vulnerable to attacks from nearby bystanders.

Instead I would recommend getting good at judo. And use your stick whenever possible to avoid injuries yourself.
>>
>>41127011
This. Also your partner will loose sight of you if you go to the ground in a crowded area

Source: working in law enforcement

The school will teach you some standards which your partner will know. That's nice to know.
>>
>>41126355
>>41126528
BJJ is fucking shit for anything that is not 1v1, what are you going to fucking do, lay on your back and pull guard in a pub brawl?
Judo and wrestling, if there's a decent school, is the way to go here
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.